GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daytona Winter Testing Race Preview

Good Morning drivers. Its officially raceday of the GTP Nascar Nationwide Series. Although, not a points-scoring race, tonight its 50 Laps @ Daytona Superspeedway.

Tonight's race is indeed a test for lag. We will see whether or not we can run a 16 driver lobby with mics tonight around Daytona with minimal lag and hopefully no evident bug which has plagued online racing over the past few months. Of course, tonight will help prove who might be lagging and causing the room to slow down as a result.

If, PD inflicted lag is evident, we may have to restrict the field to the original twelve cars. I am not prepared to turn off mics for superspeedway races. We shall see however.

It goes without saying, this is a clean racing series so drive with care and consideration for other drivers. As a result, we'd like all drivers to arrive at the track tonight to help solve any issues before the official start of the season. 👍

Notice to Owners: It goes without saying but try and put at least two drivers on the track per race weekend to help your run towards the Ownership Championship. JR, Red Bull and Rick Ware owners, presume you are running a 3rd car for the Championship at this moment in time.

Notice to Drivers: Please add 'Chqr' and 'Tom_97_Cod' on PSN if you have not already. Failure to do so, will mean you will not be racing. Also, please drive with your allocated Nascar (2010 or 2011).

Regards to Dropping a Race or Taking the Best 9 Finishes: I shall host a vote tonight in the lobby for whether or not this would be a good thing for the series.

SSRX: I shall host another vote tonight on how many people have the DLC. As of right now, I personally do not have it so don't worry if you don't. :)

Calendar: The calendar has been updated to what is most probably the final edition.​

Last edited:
I'm at work today until 3pm EST, but I'm looking forward to reading about how the race went. 👍

No problem. I should be at school right now but had an X-ray on my broken finger and playing lots of COD and NFL to give me some rehab on the finger.

Contrary to most series, I will try and have results and standings up very soon after the race finish.

Could I ask all drivers to clear their cache and ideally reset their routers and do a test connection via the XMB before entering the room.

Last edited:
Can you hold maybe 15 minutes?

Family stuff on race day 🤬 me off to no end.

Can you hold maybe 15 minutes?

Family stuff on race day 🤬 me off to no end.

If everyone else is cool with that. We can start the qualifying at 7pm GMT and do a couple of 10 lap races to kill time at 6:35pm GMT to test lag.

Chqr
If everyone else is cool with that. We can start the qualifying at 7pm GMT and do a couple of 10 lap races to kill time at 6:35pm GMT to test lag.

Cheers, I may not make quali at all but i'm trying my best to make the race.

I believe save is on a tight 7:00 schedule. Just saying.

Chqr you FR is full. Please add d4lvy_

Just have and he's accepted. Team owners and Sprint Cup guys, pop in as we still have half a grid empty and if your guys don't show up, have a race.

Cleared FR list and removed a few.

Can't make it personally but believe Niop will be streaming. Do SGR have three in there?

Chqr
Qualifying in five minutes so don't be too long guys :)

En route, don't start without me as i'll definitely be in the room within 10 minutes.

Big wreck on lap 1, can't tell who/what caused it from the stream. :nervous:

Argh! The race has started but on my screen, nobody is at the track and it is still set to free run?! D:

Argh! I have no idea what happened at the start of the race... All of a sudden everybody left the track and it continued to show "Free run". :(

What a finish! :drool: Glad to see JGR grab second and third after the last lap wreck. It's a good solid finish after dominating the race, running up front all day. Happy to see Carb score an oval win if a JGR driver wasn't going to win. RFLX, can we get some accident clips on youtube?

Slightly annoyed, could have easily got a podium at least there. But oh well, it's only pre-season and aside from that things were fairly clean 👍

RCR definitely had something to bring to this race. After two of our drivers being caught up in the first wreck we worked I way back from an 18sec deficit to 3sec coming out of turn 2 when we wreck ourselves. Can't place any blame on anyone because we were running 48 flats and a couple 47s! Good performance by Smuffy. And good job Carbonox for taking the win!

Back