GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:rolleyes:

Yea, I definitely took everyone out...

I tried slowing behind you, and got slammed into by Nater, and ran up into you.

You took yourself and 2 cars out of the leading pack for no apparent reason. Why the hell would you? How would that help your team or even yourself? Oh wait, you considered me a threat to your championship hopes and therefore wanted me not to win. That's correct, huh?

I said "near the last lap". Before the last corner on lap 13, you just started trolling. The last corner hit had nothing to do with that.

Carbonox
You took yourself and 2 cars out of the leading pack for no apparent reason. Why the hell would you? How would that help your team or even yourself? Oh wait, you considered me a threat to your championship hopes and therefore wanted me not to win. That's correct, huh?

I said "near the last lap". Before the last corner on lap 13, you just started trolling. The last corner hit had nothing to do with that.

Um, I had low fuel.

My teammate who I "took out of the pack for no apparent reason" was also low on fuel, he ended up finishing with the meter on red.

Race Results @ Subway Jalapeno 250

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

2lixv1l.png

Drivers' Championship

fxezrl.png

Owners' Championship

21spj7.png

Last edited:
Riddle me this: What kind of a wacko decides to break the draft near the last lap and try to take as many drivers down with him as possible?

Hmm... #18 perhaps?

Carbon: you can also blame yourself for losing the draft because after watching the replay, I saw you letting off the gas behind cowboys so in essence it was the two of you but I think if carbon wouldn't have let off everything would have been fine and it would have been a 6 car pack at the end.

Just like to explain what happened tonight. I was planning on not racing because my dad's wireless router wasn't working but my sister's was so I was using hers. However, her connection was not as good and when the Sky guy came over to fix it quite late around 6.00pm, I had to delay the start in fears my connection would die as he was fiddling with the underground cabling. It didn't but the connection still was not as good so at last minute I wanted Drop to host as I knew he had a stable connection and I wouldn't race because of the lag that would be caused. However, the Sky guy left and my dad's router was good to go, so connected to that and just wasn't there in time. Sorry for the wait folks but there wasn't much lag and I hope you got a good race connection with Drop and was worth the wait.

I'll investigate this issue and Cowboys leading a lap issue later this week. Fear not. At the moment, the standings are official.

Um, I had low fuel.

My teammate who I "took out of the pack for no apparent reason" was also low on fuel, he ended up finishing with the meter on red.

But you stayed in a position behind the top 3 where I couldn't get, so you effectively prevented me from getting back up to the pack.

To Nate: I did slow down to save fuel myself, as well as get in a relatively safe position behind the pack, but I expected Cowboys to go faster because I couldn't know he was that low on fuel.

But you stayed in a position behind the top 3 where I couldn't get, so you effectively prevented me from getting back up to the pack.

To Nate: I did slow down to save fuel myself, as well as get in a relatively safe position behind the pack, but I expected Cowboys to go faster because I couldn't know he was that low on fuel.

To your credit carbon cowboys could have pushed a little harder but he didn't know how much fuel his car used in a two car push by watching the replay. I couldn't do anything as you could see I had half the amount of fuel you two had at the end and wasn't sure how much I had till I hit turn 3.

Looks like another brilliant finish by Smuffy and Carbonox gathering podiums for RCR and slamming the door on the Nationwide Drivers Championship! Keep up the excellent driving! And congratulations to Smuffy on a fine win!

Looks like another brilliant finish by Smuffy and Carbonox gathering podiums for RCR and slamming the door on the Nationwide Drivers Championship! Keep up the excellent driving! And congratulations to Smuffy on a fine win!

Thanks! Got the slingshot draft from Joe and Mule out of turn 4. :cheers:

Wow, Chqr over here is absolutely quick in making tables.

Fortunately next week is a road street course, I should do better there. :)

kenkwilinski

You can also thank me for pushing him to the front after we lost the draft. ;)

MÜLE_9242;6933962
You can also thank me for pushing him to the front after we lost the draft. ;)

But not me? :grumpy:

I guess I have found peace again after that race, but one can't deny my extreme anger after losing the race that way after bumping my way back into the lead pack from a 13 second deficit.

I missed the race I was looking forward to D:
I was away from home all day for unplanned reasons and couldn't even get internet anywhere to tell you guys I'd miss the race :( really sorry

Carbonox

I'm sorry, I didn't notice that, but I was expecting to be keeping up with the lead pack because I was being pushed. When they started pushing I couldn't keep up.

It's not like I'm trying to sabotage you.

I was the same pace the entire time, trying to save my fuel.

Last edited:
Carbon, all I've seen so far is you staying out of the 4 or 5 car train's draft, and not following Joe into the draft, then relying on me (while I'm saving fuel) to catch back up but failing because I couldnt go full throttle.

Now I realize I was saving a little too much, maybe why I lost the draft, but I didn't purposely pull you back just to better my position.

For the wreck, I was knocked loose by Nater, and I ended up sliding up into you.

Race Report @ Subway Jalapeno 250

Smuffy was third heading into the final lap of SSRX - the notoriously inflammed Talladega. After Joe and Mule scrapped over the win, smuffy snuck through to take his first win of the campaign. Despite the disfortune of teammates, Carbonox and Chqr, team owner, Ken Wilinksi could be very proud of an enlarged lead in the Owners' Championship.

The race separated the field into three draft packs after an unfortunate wreck disrupted JR Motorsports who have been very unforunate in the first third of the season. Nonetheless, Joe Gibbs Racing took home a very strong fourth and fifth in which new boy, Nater in his second Nationwide start led the most laps and tactically saved fuel to make it to the finish in the top 5. Cowboys too carries on his charge towards the Drivers' Championship despite missing last weekend's race. TRYNOR88 and D4LVY_ were unfortunate victims in the first crash and came home 7th and 8th. New boy to the Nationwide series, Jtsharkin9 grabbed a top ten for his credible efforts in the second Red Bull car. Team owners, Joe and Mule led their respective teams' efforts and have been doing all season long but through no fault of their own are still in need of a permanent driver to lead their charges towards the Drivers' Championship.

smuffy leads the Drivers' Championship by 7 points over teammate Carbonox but assuming Cowboys drops his DNS at Monza, he is a net two points behind Carbonox and TRYNOR a net four points behind Cowboys. The standings are shaping up very nicely in the mid table too with Dave and Nater looking to join the party at the top.

We look forward to next week's European race over in Madrid in Spain where we'll be hurling our 453BHP Nascars around the tight and twitchy Madrid Mini Circuit. We hope to see you there.

Chqr

Cowboys led lap 6 over Nater by .007 seconds, as confirmed by the race replay. I can attach a picture, if needed.

Cowboys led lap 6 over Nater by .007 seconds, as confirmed by the race replay. I can attach a picture, if needed.

No problem. I knew and thought there would be some doubt over that. Updated standings coming later.

What's your point? How many times have I pm'd you or emailed you the hard solid numbers and my facts get thrown out? I've proven to you a handful of times that when me, mudd n dowhat are hooked up we run the fastest out of everyone in both series combined. Try to deny that. I can post my data here if you would like. I mean we would have a page or two on the thread showing who was the fastest. But remember I thought you said that doesn't matter. So what are trying to prove here?

What's your point? How many times have I pm'd you or emailed you the hard solid numbers and my facts get thrown out? I've proven to you a handful of times that when me, mudd n dowhat are hooked up we run the fastest out of everyone in both series combined. Try to deny that. I can post my data here if you would like. I mean we would have a page or two on the thread showing who was the fastest. But remember I thought you said that doesn't matter. So what are trying to prove here?

Crazy, no offense mate, but why get so worked up? Drop and his guys are series hosts, you can input your data, and since when has anything been thrown out? And does going on a public attack really do you any good at all? Have you had too much Red Bull from last season? Hangover much?

I was just making sure that a driver that actually led a lap in a race received proper credit (and his bonus point) for doing so. The series host was not able to save the race replay, and was working from data that was taken live during the race, without backup confirmation from the race replay. It was the only lap Cowboys led, and it is important to him that he receive his bonus point for doing so as he was not originally credited with leading a lap at all. The lap was originally credited to another JGR car, so it's not like I'm trying to remove a point or a lap from a competitor here.

Due to the rapid expansion of the Nationwide Series to 15 full-time drivers, the Sprint All-Star Race weekend has been expanded, to allow for everyone's participation in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series. All 15 Nationwide drivers will run in the very first race of the event, in hopes of transferring on to the later races.

For more details, please check out the Sprint All Star Race information post here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6709919#post6709919

If I won, which I doubt will happen anyway, I'd have to give it to Joe or Knelly.

Latest Posts

Back