GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TomMcD
If I won, which I doubt will happen anyway, I'd have to give it to Joe or Knelly.

*cough* Carbonox *cough*

:sly:

Carbonox
Without any advertising, I think it's still possible for you to vote me unless something has been done to prevent you altogether. :sly:

I already casted one, on Tom, who I meant to originally, but it still counted to him because it was multiple choice.

Fox and Nater, you guys want to practice later?

Just message me when I'm on cowboys or fox and I'll be over. Iracing has been very anoying the past few days.

Going to jump out of the crowd first and post my best time with 30 minutes of testing, 51.426s with a basic tune and not a lot of aero.

EDIT: Just pumped a 51.196 and a 51.119

Last edited:
Race Preview @ NASCAR Espana

This week we head back to Europe, this time to Spain. 15 roaring NASCAR engines will take to the peaceful and tranquil streets of Madrid to battle out Round 5 of the NASCAR Nationwide Championship. Fifty laps will decide this one but we expect some beatin' 'n' bangin' around a tight and freeflowing circuit.

The race will ultimately be won by a driver who find the balance between speed and tire efficiency. Around this circuit, it is very easy to spin the tires and burn off excess rubber so an extremely fine tuned setup will be paramount for a top ten finish on Saturday night. Of course, easier said than done but practise amongst your teams will help and finding clear and consistent braking points will undoubtedly help. The Stewards' Office asks all drivers to be extremely vigilant and careful around other drivers and not be afraid to yield to a faster car.

We hope to see you raceday. 👍

Chqr

Last edited:
Chqr your about a 1 sec of pace. I'm running 50.199, with the right braking points i got down to 50.132.

Last edited:
First ever driving lesson and pulled away from a standing start like a boss. Instructor was very impressed and I'm on the hunt once again for a Driving Force GT after my second-hand wheel couldn't calibrate properly.

Awesome.. I have run about 100 laps at madrid and have concluded my best time is in th mid to low 49's. With a consistency in the low 50's for a 1 stop race.

50.448 on my second lap. Looking eagerly for more 👍

My lounge is also open for practice if anyone's online right now.

Update: Down to 50.036 now...

Last edited:
I'd just like to remind everyone of the qualifying procedure.

15 minutes before the start of the race, the lobby will be reset and all previous times wiped. You can take to the track as soon as the timer is up for the start of the race. Please do not enter the track before the timer is up! Thereafter, you may enter or leave the track as many times as you like but be warned if you leave the track and tune your car, your previous lap time will be wiped, in effect putting you at the back of the grid. It is recommended to start qualifying on your race setup as you will not be demoted to the back of grid.

Like Monza, there will be a rolling start so the total race distance is actually 51 laps. Please do not overtake and stay in position as PD put you on the grid. The parade / warming up lap speed will be at a maximum of 50 mph and the start is at the start finish line of the lap. Please do not brake heavily and try to maintain 50 mph all the way through the circuit. Any driver who deliberately jumps up the grid on the parade lap will be penalised so don't try and sneak up a few positions. It is a double file start too.

The pole point is awarded to the driver with the fastest lap on the top-right of your screen. It is not necessarily the driver who starts out front at the start of the race.

50.21xx is my best currently. My team should be able to make the setup work better than me though, as I always struggle with slow corner exits on the DS3.

Last edited:
Don't be fooled fastfox, Joe has something up his sleeves. He always has and always does. 👍

Wouldn't mind seeing Niop give Joe a run for his money in these road course events.

Don't be fooled fastfox, Joe has something up his sleeves. He always has and always does. 👍

Wouldn't mind seeing Niop give Joe a run for his money in these road course events.

Nope, I really can't go faster due to what I said about slow corner exits on the DS3. Another example of this is my speed out of the bus stop at Spa in IndyCar.

Nope, I really can't go faster due to what I said about slow corner exits on the DS3. Another example of this is my speed out of the bus stop at Spa in IndyCar.

:drool:

We may have an exciting race after all. :cheers:

:drool:

We may have an exciting race after all. :cheers:

I'm not in this race. I have a full team of 3 drivers. I had to do laps to make the setup for my team. I have managed to find a little more time after a suggestion from someone.

I'll only be racing if one of them can't make it last minute.

So it sounds like we will have a exciting race. With Carbonoz running 50 flats, The Ford guys the low 50's, and a few Toyotas below the 50 mark.

Edit: You guys may have 1 less fast toyota to deal with. I just got a Blu Ray read error.. .

Last edited:
Hopefully there isn't one of those first corner crashes where someone spins after the corner and blocks off the entire track.

Also we wish Jtsharkin9 good luck in his first race with RWR. 👍

Back