GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Race Report @ Southern 200

Rick Ware Racing Team Owner, Joe wins the Southern 200 at Darlington and carries on his superb run of form in the Nationwide. He is yet to finish outside the top three in NASCAR's Secondary division and despite competing in Sprint Cup variant, his team must be extremely grateful for his enormous contribution to the Owners' Championship. He has consistently hauled points when others have faltered and are now placed 2nd in the Owners' Championship with such a fragmented team. Testament to not only Joe's but Tom's contribution too.

Joe Gibbs suffered two engine failures with their new TRD engine. Cowboys and fastfox failed to run today but Nater took the team by the scruff of the neck and grabbed a superb 2nd place. Nater is now sailing up the standings to join the lead pack in the Drivers' Championship. Excellent drive from him.

TRYNOR88 and Dave gave JRM and Team Owner, Niop a brilliant day out in the South with 3rd and 5th places respectively. JRM are catching the midfield battle in the Owners' Championship with Red Bull and Joe Gibbs suffering bad points days.

Our series leader, Carbonox has been supremely consistent all season and finished in a solid fourth despite pit road and track incidents.

This weekend we unforunately ended up with only six finishers after eleven starters which is disappointing by Nationwide's standards. We hope we can improve turnouts in weeks to come and it was incredibly unfortunate to suffer as many disconnections as we did.

As we head into the final five races of the season, we are looking ahead to S2 and this a minor teaser of some undiscussed changes which could come into effect.

- Possibility of adding up to 2 new oval tracks and removing 2 road course tracks.
- Possibility of reverting back to 10 week schedule with dropping no races / 1 race.
- Standardising race lengths to a maximum of 1 hour long.
- Changing the tire compound to ensure race lengths include some element of pit strategy.
- Removing bonus points but keeping the pole point.
- Overhauling the current points system payout to a point per position.
- Possibility of not classifying drivers who 'rage-quit.'

Chqr

I have to apologize to my team at JGR. I was geared up and ready for today, but recieved a emergency phone call around 9am where I had to go into work. Once again I apologize guys.

Edit: Great job on the podium nater.

Thanks fastfox. Too bad I missed the pole position by .006 seconds. :drool:

Last edited:
Guys, this weekend is the Sprint Cup All-Star race, and you're all invited to participate.

The first race of the weekend is a Nationwide-only race, where all 15 NW drivers will try to race their way in to the Sprint Cup All-Star race. Remember, this race will use SPRINT CUP car specs (502hp, 1565kg, and Racing Hard tires), not your normal NW car specs (453hp, 1600kg, and Racing Medium tires).

The top 8 finishers in the NW-only race will advance to the 14-car Open qualifying race, where they will race against Sprint Cup regulars Crazy_Bassist_83, Dowhat13, Furinkazen, Mudd, RedPartyHat, and Tom_97_COD.

The top 4 finishers in the Open race will advance to the 12-car Main Event race, where they will race against ACDCROCKS123, Droptop2001gt, homeslice47, JoeOfTheFire, Knelly, M-Stall41, MULE_9242, and RFLX_Niop.

For full event details, please see this post from the Sprint Cup thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6709919#post6709919

arca-logo.jpg

Coming soon on Friday Nights british time, around mid-afternoon US time!

Here's your updated Nationwide Stats! I have discontinued the NWDC ONLY Stats!!!!!!! I am compiling together the truck stats, nw & sc ; so any additional unnessecary info is just a waste of time from this point out. I think the NWDC points standings tell that tale alone.

Here's your updated Nationwide Stats! I have discontinued the NWDC ONLY Stats!!!!!!! I am compiling together the truck stats, nw & sc ; so any additional unnessecary info is just a waste of time from this point out. I think the NWDC points standings tell that tale alone.

Incredible job, Ken. 👍

I may need to make NW my official series I run in. Probably starting next series. To be continued...........

That could make things more interesting...

I'm 100% looking for a permanent SC seat next season in order to be able to do TOCA.

Ken, nice job on the stats. I really like the truck stats as well. 👍

I'm working on a new and improved stat format in two files. One career pdf that will be updated weekly and one weekly updated current season pdf. Each file will follow a simple and identical format. And everything will be accumulated but categorized.

Example trucks career stats, nw career stats, sc career stats, nascar career stats, nw career rankings, sc career rankings, nascar career rankings, nw career oval rating, sc career oval rating, nascar career oval rating, nw career road rating, sc career road rating, nascar career road rating, nw track records, sc track records, and nascar track records. That's the career pdf.

Here's the current season pdf. Same examples as above except substitute career with S1 for NW, S3 for SC & S3 for trucks. Also subtract the track records.

I need more info for the truck series. I have race numbers but no race names or tracks. I can't do oval, road and records without that data. I also guess we can do without laps led, etc for trucks too. I'm trying to come up with a code that will let me input a weekly summary for each driver to include all respected divisions which would in-return compile the data into the appropriate cells. This may take a while and you may see some changes from week to week. But this will all be for the simplicity of keeping accurate records for our entire league at most ease once done.

Season one was Daytona, Indy, HSR, Indy, Daytona.

I think season two was Daytona, Indy, Monster, HSR, Daytona.

Last edited:
Is there anything that can be done with the preliminary times for Saturday?

It's the FA Cup Final here on Saturday which won't finish till at least 7:15 and that's nit including extra time and penalties.

Most in UK will be watching this and you'll therefore be losing a good majority of your field.

Liverpool v Chelsea in the cup final is a massive massive game.

I suppose this is like asking us to DVR the NFL's Super Bowl? :ouch:

What would be the best way to do this? This is our first ever cross-series event, and I don't want to have to ask the NW guys to race at 2pm, then wait over 4 hours just for their next race, and then another an hour later. That's a lot of time between events. I think the closer we run these, the better.

MustangRyan
I suppose this is like asking us to DVR the NFL's Super Bowl? :ouch:

Exactly.

Without working out the times my suggestion would be to start race 1 at 9:00, followed almost immediately with race 2, which should bring us to a 10 start for the all star race?

PS. There is every likelihood I will be very very drunk for the race, being a life long Liverpool fan (born and bred).

Exactly.

Without working out the times my suggestion would be to start race 1 at 9:00, followed almost immediately with race 2, which should bring us to a 10 start for the all star race?

PS. There is every likelihood I will be very very drunk for the race, being a life long Liverpool fan (born and bred).

Maybe 8:30 so things aren't as rushed?

OK, so you're wanting to run it like this?

The GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series All-Star Elimination Race
30 laps at Daytona Oval, on Saturday, May 5th, 2012
-Room opens for Practice at 3pm EDT/8pm BST
-Green Flag at 3:30pm EDT/8:30pm BST

The GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Open Qualifying Race
30 laps at Daytona Oval, on Saturday, May 5th, 2012
-Room opens for Practice at 4pm EDT/9pm BST
-Green Flag at 4:15pm EDT/9:15pm BST

The GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race
30 laps + 10 laps at Daytona Oval, on Saturday, May 5th, 2012
-Room opens for Practice at 5pm EDT/10pm BST
-Green Flag at 5:15pm EDT/10:15pm BST

RFLX will likely be hosting/streaming the first two races. He could just ask the 9th-15th place finishers from the NW race to leave (or kick the ones that don't listen) and then invite the Sprint Cup drivers eligible for the second race to join them in the same lobby for the second race. We would change rooms between the second race and the main event.

Back