2016 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments
I found this in the comments section on FB a few weeks ago. Basically this dude wants 65K to buy 4K cameras and travel around the NASCAR circuit to make a documentary on why Toyota is messing up NASCAR. Brand loyalty is nothing new but Toyota haters take it to the next level. Dude plugged it all over FB but nobody donated. I'm sure Jimmy Spencer and Jack Roush can foot the bill. Sometimes you have to be realistic about what you are requesting to make a sale.

https://www.gofundme.com/declineofnascar

Unless the only reason that the Chase exists is due to Toyota, this moronic gofundme will die a deserving death.

I found this in the comments section on FB a few weeks ago. Basically this dude wants 65K to buy 4K cameras and travel around the NASCAR circuit to make a documentary on why Toyota is messing up NASCAR. Brand loyalty is nothing new but Toyota haters take it to the next level. Dude plugged it all over FB but nobody donated. I'm sure Jimmy Spencer and Jack Roush can foot the bill. Sometimes you have to be realistic about what you are requesting to make a sale.

Manufaturing, nastalgia, oweing, pheasbility....

I like this part...

An American manufacturer moving out of the way for what seemed to be the more lucrative TRD ( Toyota Racing Develpment ) teams.

I could have swore Penske switched to Ford. :odd:

Also, 65k could get you some of the equipment, but not much else. :lol:

I do not like the Toyotas and never will. BUT as I fan I know what they have and continue to do for NASCAR is fantastic. How is a manufacturer dumping engineering money and advertising money into NASCAR ruining it? Maybe Ford and Chevy not putting the same effort into NASCAR is ruining the sport (I don`t think anything is ruined to start with)? This guy is probably a liberal who thinks its okay for us to work so some people can just sit on their butts all day. Why should Toyota be penalized and ridiculed for caring about this great sport?

There are a number of things I can say to try and explain away that dense fool, but all I'll say is he's likely a self-entitled narrow-minded narcissist who doesn't believe in being educated in the truth and instead lives in a reality where he is a god amongst men and we all should beg him for salvation. 🤬 him.

Texas this weekend....maybe? Raining right now so any activity is likely cancelled, tomorrow looks OK, Saturday too, but Sunday's got a decent chance of rain. May go to one of the races, not sure yet.

I do not like the Toyotas and never will. BUT as I fan I know what they have and continue to do for NASCAR is fantastic. How is a manufacturer dumping engineering money and advertising money into NASCAR ruining it? Maybe Ford and Chevy not putting the same effort into NASCAR is ruining the sport (I don`t think anything is ruined to start with)? This guy is probably a liberal who thinks its okay for us to work so some people can just sit on their butts all day. Why should Toyota be penalized and ridiculed for caring about this great sport?

Everyone has the right to not like any manufacturer, I think these types of people need someone to blame because their team comes up short. Dodge was failing long before they left NASCAR and the big 3 weren't doing too well. I seriously doubt he's Liberal with all that 'Murica stars and stripes mumbo jumbo. These people are content with Chevy dominating for years and never having any competition but when the tables turn as they will given the current level of competition, they cry foul. NASCAR's "core audience" isn't the same as it once was. People die out, new people come in from different generations with different thoughts and mindsets. "Alienating their core audience" isn't the right way to think of it. If you are stuck in the past, you may feel this way but it's more about progression and staying relevant and trying to attract new fans and secure the future of the sport. These are small minded people who can't see into the future and the ultimate goal. Most anyone with common sense can see what's going on but many cannot. NASCAR was very hard on Toyota when they first came to the Cup and Xfinity Series. Mandating tapered spacers on just the teams in Xfinity using Toyota motors to reduce horsepower because people were complaining they were too fast. And they were, but it was the best motor at the time and built within the rules. Ford and Chevy's motor packages were old and the newest versions were still in development. So NASCAR made the Toyotas use the spacer so Ford and Chevy could be more competitive after a lot of complaining in the garage. This isn't good for competition as it should have forced the other manufacturers to respond by making something better, rather than penalize the ones with the better package. It showed a lot of favoritism toward the Big 3. A lot of these types don't even know this because they don't care about facts, just the unfamiliarity of seeing a relative new comer do so well. It's kind of sad really.

Everyone has the right to not like any manufacturer, I think these types of people need someone to blame because their team comes up short. Dodge was failing long before they left NASCAR and the big 3 weren't doing too well. I seriously doubt he's Liberal with all that 'Murica stars and stripes mumbo jumbo. These people are content with Chevy dominating for years and never having any competition but when the tables turn as they will given the current level of competition, they cry foul. NASCAR's "core audience" isn't the same as it once was. People die out, new people come in from different generations with different thoughts and mindsets. "Alienating their core audience" isn't the right way to think of it. If you are stuck in the past, you may feel this way but it's more about progression and staying relevant and trying to attract new fans and secure the future of the sport. These are small minded people who can't see into the future and the ultimate goal. Most anyone with common sense can see what's going on but many cannot. NASCAR was very hard on Toyota when they first came to the Cup and Xfinity Series. Mandating tapered spacers on just the teams in Xfinity using Toyota motors to reduce horsepower because people were complaining they were too fast. And they were, but it was the best motor at the time and built within the rules. Ford and Chevy's motor packages were old and the newest versions were still in development. So NASCAR made the Toyotas use the spacer so Ford and Chevy could be more competitive after a lot of complaining in the garage. This isn't good for competition as it should have forced the other manufacturers to respond by making something better, rather than penalize the ones with the better package. It showed a lot of favoritism toward the Big 3. A lot of these types don't even know this because they don't care about facts, just the unfamiliarity of seeing a relative new comer do so well. It's kind of sad really.

YUP!!!! Your doing too good! That`s not fair!!

Idiots be idiots! Maybe he could join in w/ Steve Harvey and sue NASCAR.

Im just going to leave this here....
Here is another sponsorship/livery we don't need. I'm not a Trumper but he can put his money where he wants and I appreciate the Presidential candidate helping a team that could use the cash, but we shouldn't have any need for such awareness as to killing Police officers. It's sad.

I see it as not only a honor to the fallen officers but to all officers.
The livery is great and I always wanted to see a cruiser out on track. It could use a set of lights on top as well. ;)

RIP HScott. The team is done after this season unless either a miracle or a person with large pockets comes into the picture in the next few days

RIP HScott. The team is done after this season unless either a miracle or a person with large pockets comes into the picture in the next few days
Annett signing with JR fulltime may be the nails in the coffin as he's taking Flying J with him. Do they still have Brandt, or have they been gone for a while?

Was anyone else having trouble watching practice?

Only hail mary I could see would be Justin Marks going up to Cup. He does bring sponsorship. Is Poole signed on next year for Xfinity?

Kinda figured it was inevitable considering Clint AND 5-Hour energy were leaving. Now after hearing about annett driving fulltime for JRM, that pretty much seals the deal.

Do they still have Brandt, or have they been gone for a while?

Allgaier took Brandt with him to JR Motorsports.

Only hail mary I could see would be Justin Marks going up to Cup. He does bring sponsorship. Is Poole signed on next year for Xfinity?

I do wonder if this could mean two cars for CGR. It would definitely leave one seat for Justin Marks full time (if he wants) and a car that could have some young talent like Dalton Sargeant.

I do wonder if this could mean two cars for CGR. It would definitely leave one seat for Justin Marks full time (if he wants) and a car that could have some young talent like Dalton Sargeant.
two CGR Xfinity teams or a 3rd cup team?

People in the team a few weeks ago were told to start sending out resumes. Been waiting to say anything because the team would have found something on the off chance of Annett staying

@nascarfan1400 Martinsville seemed to have really lit a fire under Tony's ass, look at this blistering qualifying time
c9scdoix7pvx.png

So how long do you guys think it'll be before Roush finally just stops racing in cup? They already lost Kenseth and Edwards, they will now lose Biffle (which likely moves Buescher to the 16) along with sponsor Kelloggs and if I'm honest, I don't see Reed getting a Cup ride given how Jack has had a tendency of just dropping even decent drivers out of the blue.

Likewise, I don't see their Xfinity team continuing much longer and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Darrell Wallace Jr was let go due to sponsorship (despite being better then Reed in the same equipment). I would love for Penske to sweep him up and put him in one of their cars.

Well, there's man cases where a team that was on top of the mountain reaching a desperate low. Petty Enterprises did it twice, I want to say Holman-Moody became Yates, then that was absorbed by Roush, though in the past if a down giant was taken over/ sold off, the owners at the time were very old and possibly looking to be done with it all, Holman-Moody and Junior Johnson come to mind.

In other words, I can see it. Penske being the chief Ford team, operating like Hendrick does with the 21 and SHR, with the only Roush nod at the track being the engines, and I don't know if THAT would happen.

So how long do you guys think it'll be before Roush finally just stops racing in cup?
I would think that will have to be over Jack's dead body. With his luck in airplanes that could be any hour now. ;)

Im just going to leave this here....

View attachment 603023

I'm not a Trumper but he can put his money where he wants and I appreciate the Presidential candidate helping a team that could use the cash, *snip

Unfortunately when I posted this reply I thought it was Trump's money but it turns out it is not. I guess I should have looked into it then, but here is the story behind the sponsorship. Still, people can spend their money where they want.
Double link
http://route.overnewser.com/nascarw...m_medium=NascarWorldNews&utm_campaign=article

Back