Formula 1 Grand Prix de Monaco 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 513 comments
Not a bad race for this track tbh, I’ve definitely seen worse here.
Where was the race? There was nonsense with the rain and switched places because of tyre gambles/guessing, but no racing that I recall of as usual. Just people driving way under 100% knowing they can't be passed without a big mistake.

Gifted. What a shame, Ferrari...

Very well done by Pérez though. Winning Monaco is special — congratulations.

Ferrari gaffed it?

Germany F1 GIF by Formula 1

Happy for Perez, this was likely his one chance for a Monaco win.

Gutted for Charles, I imagine he has already walked home.

How do Croft and Brundle so badly miss what actually happened? They are patting Sainz on the back for straight to hard, but that's actually how Ferrari lost.

As race leaders, Ferrari should have neutralized Red Bull's move to inters. By the time they pitted LeClerc for inters, they lost the lead. And those guys didn't even see it.

Bizarre, especially knowing all the producers, etc had to have seen it.

Or, were they just too busy watching Lewis?

Compared to some of their past gaffes, I don't think this one was that bad. When to pit onto what tyres is always a step into the unknown, it's only easy to say with hindsight what was correct.
True, it's just frustrated for the guy. 😔

As someone who's never really watched F1, I have this irrational dislike of Max Verstappen for really no other reason than he has a really punchable face and I was glad he didn't win. Past that, I don't think I really have a driver and/or team I'm rooting for per se.

Also, what is this crap that there's a time limit on races? Let them race the full length. The only timed races should be endurance races.

As someone who's never really watched F1, I have this irrational dislike of Max Verstappen for really no other reason than he has a really punchable face and I was glad he didn't win. Past that, I don't think I really have a driver and/or team I'm rooting for per se.

Also, what is this crap that there's a time limit on races? Let them race the full length. The only timed races should be endurance races.
There's a 3-hour window, 2 of which are allotted to the race in its entirety (safety reasons, daylight and the like), and once its exceeded that, the remaining duration can be played to time or laps run.

Or in the case of Spa last year "LOL, no."

All I can say to that, is that it's a good thing you didn't follow the season last year. :lol:
Once the race gets going, there's a 3-hour window in which the race has to be completed. Between the delay earlier this morning (I believe the timer started during the first attempt at Formation Laps), and the Red Flag from Schumacher's crash, that pushed the race just over the 3-hour limit. Typically an F1 race is no longer than 2 hours or so.

Besides the saftey and daylight elements, I think this is one of those rules that exists more for the TV providers that the teams and fans (though with Monaco being a street circuit, there's probably a logistical element present as well).

Last edited:
Back