GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are still at least six more weekends left for the Sprint Cup season, so you've got plenty of time to make this race up. If today's race gets postponed, we're still seven weeks from finishing our current season.

MÜLE_9242;7194239
No.

People have lives and other commitments and cannot make it at another time.

I know that. Where did I say anything about that in my post? All of us have lives.

It was a joke.

Looks like I will have to waste 3 hours of driving and 55 dollars in gas to make one race next weekend.:yuck:

Looks like I will have to waste 3 hours of driving and 55 dollars in gas to make one race next weekend.:yuck:

Ah, its your graduation too as well.

It was either half the field tomorrow or the vast majority next week.

Someone is saying that PSN will be back up pretty soon. Are we still running next Saturday or today? I am going to dinner in an hour, so if it's today I will not make it.

No chance on today lads.

Looking ahead to next week, a few Championship contenders for Ownership Draft Picks cannot make Saturday.

Also, Thunder was ideally going to start next saturday (16th June) but Nationwide may have to be that date.

Can drivers do the Friday 15th June or Sunday 17th June same time, same place?

A lot to ask and I'm flexible but I want Championship contenders, Ownership Pick contenders and rookies to come along just as much.

I've got an idea..

Next Saturday (6/16) We open the room at 12:00 pm EST. From 12:00-12:15 we have a short practice session, then instead of qualifying, we set the field by points. At 12:16 the race countdown begins and we race with 1 pace lap to set up the point order.

The race will be over at roughly 1:30 EST. From 1:30 on we go about with the thunder schedule.

I've got an idea..

Next Saturday (6/16) We open the room at 12:00 pm EST. From 12:00-12:15 we have a short practice session, then instead of qualifying, we set the field by points. At 12:16 the race countdown begins and we race with 1 pace lap to set up the point order.

The race will be over at roughly 1:30 EST. From 1:30 on we go about with the thunder schedule.

Can everyone adhere to this schedule:

Room Opens 11.30am EST
Qualifying @ 12.00pm EST
Race Start @ 12.15pm EST

Thunder Season starts @ 1.30pm EST

This should help the Europeans like Carb who have late night Saturday nights anyway.

Room Opens 11.30am EST
Qualifying @ 12.00pm EST
Race Start @ 12.15pm EST

This should help the Europeans like Carb who have late night Saturday nights anyway.

Umm, can you please say that, you know, in European? 💡

Umm, can you please say that, you know, in European? 💡

Voivatko kaikki noudattavat tätä aikataulua:

Huoneen Avautuu 11:30 EST
Qualifying@12.00pm EST
Race Start@12.15pm EST

Thunder Season starts@1.30pm EST

Tämän pitäisi auttaa eurooppalaisia ​​kuin Carb joilla myöhäisillan lauantai-iltaisin muutenkin.

That better? :sly:

Just +5 hours to find BST. No idea on Finnish time haha.

That better? :sly:

Just +5 hours to find BST. No idea on Finnish time haha.

I learned to hate the translator when Matty sent me messages via that. :grumpy:

If BST is +5 hours from that, Finland is 2 more ahead. ;)

If BST is +5 hours from that, Finland is 2 more ahead. ;)

Ye learn something new everyday.

Just need feedback from the Americans and lone Canadian but hopefully we should get the get go on this.

I know some drivers have been practising diligently for Thunder and it would be a great shame to make them wait. Plus, the sooner we get Thunder out the way, the sooner S2 of Nationwide falls upon us.

That schedule means I have to get up an hour earlier :dopey:. I need my beauty sleep lol. In all seriousness, the schedule works for me.

If it works for them, it works for me.

gorsad will still be racing the 3rd Red Bull, pending if he's fine with the earlier time.

GTP NASCAR Power Rankings:

1. TRYNOR88 - TRYNOR is heading to Indy for the Nationwide season finale with only one thing on his mind, winning. He's wanting to win the race, and the championship. With an already impressive collection of wins this season, he's the favorite to win the title. Look for TRYNOR to be racing in the Sprint Cup next season.
Trending UP

2. RFLX_Niop - Niop had a subpar week at Indy, but only because he got the absolute worst of an accident that collected 9 of the 11 cars in the race. Niop's car was spun backwards into pit road, costing him a lot of time as the computer turned his car around for him. After recovering, he did his best to help his teammate, Knelly. The final result was pretty good, 4th and 6th place for the SGR team cars. Niop heads into the Chase with a share of the points lead, tied with Droptop at 306 points.
Trending STEADY

3. JoeOfTheFire - Joe collected a race win just in time for the Chase, adding three bonus points in the final regular season race. For Joe, it was his second career Sprint Cup oval victory, and his first "major" race victory. Any other driver would be thrilled just to have won the Brickyard 400, but not Joe. Joe has his sights set on the championship. This race, while prestigious, was just another step toward his ultimate goal, winning it all.
Trending UP

4. Droptop2001gt - Like Niop, Droptop was also trapped in the pits as a result of the lap 15 pileup. Unlike Niop, Drop got extremely lucky that his car basically shot straight in to the pits, resulting in relatively little lost time, other than having an unscheduled early pit stop. It took about 4 extended stints to get back on to his original pit schedule, but he managed to get there, and secured a podium finish in the process. Drop won his second Regular Season Points Championship in three seasons, but is looking to win his first Chase championship. Drop will start the Chase in a great position, sharing first position with Niop, at 306 points.
Trending STEADY

5. Carbonox - Carb heads into the Nationwide finale with a small points deficit to make up if he hopes to win the Nationwide Championship. Beating TRYNOR at Indy will be no easy task, but Carb should be as ready as ever this weekend, with an extra weekend to practice and prepare his car. This would be the best possible time for Carb to win his first points race of the season.
Trending STEADY

6. Knelly - Knelly had a great run at Indy, leading a lot of laps with a pit strategy that differed from the rest of the field. Had it not been for the early accident that put every car in the field behind the Ford team, Knelly and RFLX might have pulled out the win with their 6-stop strategy. With his one race win, Knelly will start the Chase trailing only Droptop and Niop by 3 points.
Trending STEADY

7. MULE_9242 - Mule was already locked into the Chase heading into Indy. So, the only thing to gain was either another race victory for valuable bonus points, or a Chase spot for his teammate, RedPartyHat. With the big early accident wiping out all but the top two cars, team Red Bull was playing catch up the rest of the race, and never managed to catch up.
Trending DOWN

8. Tom_97_COD - With the final spot in the chase at stake, Tom stepped up his performance in a big way. Tom came out of turn 4 on the final lap of the Brickyard 400 with a big head of steam, but he fell just inches shy of passing Joe for the win crossing the most famous patch of bricks on Earth. The second place finish was enough to vault Tom over RedPartyHat, and into the 6th points position, securing his place in the Chase.
Trending UP

9. GTP_Litchi - Litchi is heading into the Nationwide finale 5th in points, despite carrying three results of 0 points. With Nater_Racing21 and smuffyatfcp both scheduled to miss the Indy finale, it's possible Litchi could get as high as 3rd in the final points standings. Look for Litchi to join TRYNOR as drivers that are most likely to get promoted to the Sprint Cup next season.
Trending UP

10. ACDCROCKS123 - ACDC won the pre-season Bud Shootout, the Daytona 500, pushed Droptop to victory in week 2 at Indy, and recorded a top 5 in the Coca Cola 600 that could have been a top 2 had he not crashed with a few laps left in the race. Since then, his biggest accomplishment is creating a frenzied discussion among the drivers about the relative merits of the current wild card system. There's no doubt that ACDC is good enough to win the Sprint Cup Championship. The real question is, will he show up to try?
Trending DOWN

Also considered: dowhat13, Nater_Racing21, D4LVY_

Just a heads up: I finished 4th @ Daytona, ahead of Ryan. Means that i should have 15 points and Ryan 13. This result as i should be 5th on the championship standings.
Hope this will be fixed soon ;)

Just a heads up: I finished 4th @ Daytona, ahead of Ryan. Means that i should have 15 points and Ryan 13. This result as i should be 5th on the championship standings.
Hope this will be fixed soon ;)

I could be wrong but Chqr might have assessed a penalty, though I have no pure knowledge.

Cheers :cheers:

Well, i seen some posts one or 2 weeks ago regarding the drivers promotions for the sprint cup etc. But i don't find them now. Could you please help me guys?

Cheers :cheers:

Well, i seen some posts one or 2 weeks ago regarding the drivers promotions for the sprint cup etc. But i don't find them now. Could you please help me guys?

There are no automatic promotions. When both the Sprint Cup and Nationwide season end, every driver becomes a free agent, and the five teams become unowned. At this moment, no one has a guaranteed seat for next season.

From there, the top 8 finishers in the Sprint Cup points will have the first chance to claim ownership of one of the five teams. The five team owners are the ones who are responsible for getting drivers to drive for their teams. The best way to guarantee your seat is to become a team owner, so you decide your own fate. If you have the option to own a team and pass, you had better know that you are good enough to get a seat with one of the five owners.

For the rest, you can click here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7147892#post7147892

EDIT - here's the draft order:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7144771#post7144771

Last edited:
Ok. Since i'm a rookie in Nascar series, all those rules seems very complicated for me lol.
So, after this season, all i'll do is wait if a team owner wants to me in his team.
My job is to race, i'll do it.

Ok. Since i'm a rookie in Nascar series, all those rules seems very complicated for me lol.
So, after this season, all i'll do is wait if a team owner wants to me in his team.
My job is to race, i'll do it.

If you can get up to third place in Nationwide points, there's a small chance the owner's draft could get to you with the 11th overall pick (at least 6 people above you would have to pass on their pick). At that point, it's pretty likely that all five teams will already be owned, but you never know. If a team is still available, you could elect to become the owner, and hire your own team of drivers for both leagues. Otherwise, all you can do is drive your best, and start trying to negotiate with the new team owners once they are in place for next season. Your performance this season should definitely get you some strong consideration for the Sprint Cup next season.

Will this races earlier start interfer with the thunder start?

Room Opens 11.30am EST
Qualifying @ 12.00pm EST
Race Start @ 12.15pm EST

Limited qualifying for Race 1 of Thunder but its Daytona Oval anyway.

If drivers still need time for tuning, etc. The first race may be delayed to accomodate this.

There are large time intervals in between races 15 minutes or so for setup changes and qualifying for race 1 and 3 of each race. Of course if everyone's ready sooner, we'll get through the evening's events quicker.

Thunder is on.

Back