GTP NASCAR Truck Series S1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 431 comments

What Road Course should we have for Race 3?

• None - just ovals.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daytona Infield

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Indianapolis F1

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laguna Seca

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
913hp in my Silverado, but is heavy. Toyota has a lot less hp, but it's not as heavy and still good for 180+ mph laps.

Green flag drops in 3 days time on saturday! If anyone wants practise on Friday, let me know! And we need some more entries as well...

Green flag drops in 3 days time on saturday! If anyone wants practise on Friday, let me know! And we need some more entries as well...

Ill try to hit the streets of Daytona on Friday. But for sure ill be there on Saturday. ;)

I reckon overtaking will be tricky - I see two car drafts and single file racing until it gets wild near the end... just like real Truck Series

Well, with no blocking, I don't see why overtaking would be so hard... although I must admit that I suck at doing clean passes at Daytona :crazy:

I'm still pathetically slow in the Dodge - that thing can't keep up if there are no limitations. Furi, do you want anything in trade for your spare Silverado?

I can't find my second silverado... never saved it :irked: ... What speed is the Dodge doing? What upgrades do you have equipped?

I can tell you, I have every part and the transmission is set to the 'hot-lapping', 280 km/h in this case, but all I'm getting is 53-54 seconds per lap. Not to mention that with the other cars on track in the same time, I wouldn't have the top speed to draft 'n pass them, but increasing the speed would make the car even slower on the long run.

280kmh is under 160mph - thats slow!!! Raise it right up to around 330kmh. Then tell me what results you get.

At daytona top-end speed matters. We are running 190mph flat out for 60 laps with a rolling start. My Silverado as a benchmark is doing 182mph in corners and 192mph down straights.

Yay, low 53's... Guess I'll get lapped just two or three times now that I found the pace.

I think this'll turn into a Silverado one-make very quickly.

For reference, I'm doing >260kmh in corners and >270kmh on the straights (fastest recorded speed was 277 on the back straight). I've got "only" 731hp, but any higher is impossible.

Last edited:
I think this'll turn into a Silverado one-make very quickly.

That would actually make it a lot more like the real NASCAR Truck series, where all entries are theoretically equal.

Well this is kinda pilot race as well, but thing is whilst some are more powerful, other's are lighter. The Toyota has a lot less hp than the Ford, but can easily keep up with it.

I haven't been able to find the Chevy or the Ford yet!
And I don't feel I'll do very well in the Toyota or Dodge. The Toyota seems a bit too sloppy for my ability.

We'll see. And watermelon - send me a friend request - my PSN is Furinkazen

I'm running out of time soon... If nothing comes up, I'll maybe try racing the Dodge, but will definitely quit from the race if I end up driving alone.

Tonight we'll run some pilot races as well... see how these things race in packs...

Tonight we'll run some pilot races as well... see how these things race in packs...

Ok ill be able to make it tonight. Depends on what time though. If its around 7 to 8:30ish pm, than u can count me in. ;)

I'm running out of time soon... If nothing comes up, I'll maybe try racing the Dodge, but will definitely quit from the race if I end up driving alone.
Want me to dupe the Chevy and send you it?

Send me a friend request if you do 👍

Ok, I'll get your fr in a short while when I fire up my PS3. I'll have the truck to you in time for tonights practice 👍

ps. It's not fully modded yet. You have the cash to do that, or should I do it before I send?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back