GTP NASCAR Truck Series S1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 431 comments

What Road Course should we have for Race 3?

• None - just ovals.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daytona Infield

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Indianapolis F1

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laguna Seca

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this definatley finish in time for my Sprint Cup Race tonight?

Plus, this, Sprint Cup and soon to come Nationwide .... Feel just like Kyle Bush ;)

Shame they are not on the relevant Fri / Sat / Sun lol

Yep. MustangRyan himself may also be entering this. Think of this as the warm-up for the Cup Series. And if you want to invite some of the Cup guys over, bring them over as well!

Sorry for double post but on phone. Any chance of setting some engine restriction to the Chevvies? There is a significant speed difference to the Ford of up to 5 seconds solo speed.

Appreciate that Ford MAY be lighter (haven't checked) but may only need a 10 - 20% restriction to bring in line ..... Or set both Bhp and weight restrictions????

Sorry for double post but on phone. Any chance of setting some engine restriction to the Chevvies? There is a significant speed difference to the Ford of up to 5 seconds solo speed.

Appreciate that Ford MAY be lighter (haven't checked) but may only need a 10 - 20% restriction to bring in line ..... Or set both Bhp and weight restrictions????

Ford about 200kg lighter. And not sure about 5 seconds - when I did testing the biggest gap between the two on solo laps was 1.2 seconds. We;ll see after tonight.

I'm just gonna be pulling those belts one more time as old DW says... gonna be madness!

Looking forward to it, but I do see lots of incidents ..... Especially in a 60 lapper. See you later.

If yesterday was any indication...its going to be ONE HELL OF A RACE DAY! 60 laps in Daytona is immense. A 5 lap race was a busy enough, 60 laps of this is going to be MADNESS! And i love it!

Going to post a pic later tonight of that insane sliding finish between three cars...i was just in the back watching as it all happens.

1.2 seconds between Ford and Chevy?
I may not get pole this time.:P

Meh, forget the qualifying mate. During the race, every race finished within a second and it always came down to the last turn of Daytona...except for the last race i was in when there was a big wreck just behind me as i got bumpd, but i was able to keep my car under control...only to see smoke in my rearview mirror and cars flying left and right...or right and left.

Been a while since we worked together akmuq but seeing as we are both in fords .....

As for HELL OF A RACE, yea it will be but I anticipate that it will get spread out fairly quickly and we'll have a few small packs around the circuit .... Especially with no cautions.

Been a while since we worked together akmuq but seeing as we are both in fords .....

As for HELL OF A RACE, yea it will be but I anticipate that it will get spread out fairly quickly and we'll have a few small packs around the circuit .... Especially with no cautions.

To tell you the truth, i dont mind if i win or not. I just want to have those intense battles that would last a few laps or more...and if possible, maybe the whole race. :D

@meowm: yeah I know pole position isn't important but whenever I race on Daytona, I get pole. I like to start with a clear track mainly so there is a less chance of myself being caught up in a wreck.

@meowm: yeah I know pole position isn't important but whenever I race on Daytona, I get pole. I like to start with a clear track mainly so there is a less chance of myself being caught up in a wreck.

Ya, your right. Having a clear view is the right way to start. But i just love going on the outside on turn one to gain a few position like i have done yesterday on 2 occasions. It worked wonders.

By the way guys, its the first time i race 'Nascar' type races. Its going to be a first i tell ya. Dont know what to expect over a 60 lap race.

Does anyone have an idea on how many pit stops we might be doing?

@Akmuq ..... You get pole .... Not always ;)

@Moeom .... Yes, I have a pit strategy in mind thanks ;)

@Akmuq ..... You get pole .... Not always ;)

@Moeom .... Yes, I have a pit strategy in mind thanks ;)

Well i dont want to know your strategy, but i would like to know if one has an idea how long the tires will last. :D

Lol. Put it this way, I haven't had any chance to test tyre wear in race conditions, but you won't get 30 laps out of these, at least on the Fords. :)

As long as the race is definitely 100% over before 9pm BST I'm going to be there.

The race would approximately take 2880 seconds (given that the usual lonely laptime is 48 secs, there we just add the pit stops and reduce the time that gets cut by drafting) along with the 10-lap quali race, so figure that out :lol:

Carbonox
The race would approximately take 2880 seconds (given that the usual lonely laptime is 48 secs, there we just add the pit stops and reduce the time that gets cut by drafting) along with the 10-lap quali race, so figure that out :lol:

48 seconds times 60 laps is 48 minutes. And 48 seconds is slow. ;)

It should be over around 8.45pm BST

And 45 second times in the draft are possible.

I said 48's are the usual lonely laptimes, and it should be the average for a person who drafts whenever he's not in the pits.

Nasty, I for some reason didn't remember that with 60 laps, I just needed to turn a single laptime into minutes... yea, whatever -_-

I'm racing Drop but due to the imperativeness of the cup race (for me) then I will not be missing the start of that mate.

Room will open around 7.05pm BST. Quali Race around 7.35pm BST, Feature around 7.50pm BST.

Here are a 2 pics from last night. Both from same race...

picture.php

One lap to go and things are just heating up!

picture.php

One way of finishing the race...

Here are a 2 pics from last night. Both from same race...

picture.php

One lap to go and things are just heating up!

picture.php

One way of finishing the race...

lol! Nice pics. It'll be crazy maybe in the quali race, but the full race will be calmer.

Haha, to tell you all the truth, i just didn't know where to look. From my view it felt like i could make it to 1st place...after checking the replay, i was WAY off. haha. But dont forget lads, i had taken 'flight' just before the final straight. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back