GTP NASCAR Truck Series S1 - Droptop2001gt Champion!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 431 comments

What Road Course should we have for Race 3?

• None - just ovals.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Daytona Infield

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Indianapolis F1

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Laguna Seca

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good racing, but gonna agree regs need tightening up
Might as well make it a one-make Chevy series imo. I can supply one to the pool if need be 👍

On tonights races...

I enjoyed them, even though I'm not very clued up on this style of racing

CrookedMoe and I got shafted by the start proceedure. It plonked us side by side and we bounced
off each other over the start line and lost the pack straight away :grumpy:

Somehow, I managed 4th :D

Might as well make it a one-make Chevy series imo. I can supply one to the pool if need be 👍

On tonights races...

I enjoyed them, even though I'm not very clued up on this style of racing

CrookedMoe and I got shafted by the start proceedure. It plonked us side by side and we bounced

Somehow, I managed 4th :D

Yeah well you also appeared to be not able to hear us on mics either...

I'm suffering from the heat wave & had to actually NAP at the time of the race... because it's SOOO hot where I live right now that the AC isn't actually adequate!!
But hope I can get in on the next one! (And maybe by then I'll have a truck I don't slide around in!)

This race was a wonderful example of what happens when I enter a series I'm totally inexperienced with. Oh well, thanks to the lack of entries, I'm "just" 7 points off the lead... :crazy:

10 LAP QUALIFICATION RACE RESULTS:

01 - Sumo098 - 7.53.373 (+1 pt)
02 - Furinkazen - +0.642
03 - RacerPaul - +13.596
04 - Carbonox - +14.375
05 - Droptop2001gt - +24.791
06 - GTP Akmuq - +1 LAP
07 - CrookdMoe - +1 LAP
08 - Knelly - +1 LAP

60 LAP FEATURE RACE RESULTS:
01 - Droptop2001gt - 48:16.763 (+16pts)
02 - Crazy_Bassist - +59.695 (+15pts)
03 - Furinkazen - +1 LAP (+14pts)
04 - RacerPaul - +2 LAPS (+13pts)
05 - GTP_Akmuq - +2 LAPS (+12pts)
06 - Sumo098 - +3 LAPS (+11pts)
07 - Knelly - +3 LAPS (+10pts)
08 - Carbonox - +3 LAPS (+9pts)
09 - CrookdMoe - +59 LAPS (DNF) (+1pt)

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
01 - Droptop2001gt - 16pts
02 - Crazy_Bassist - 15pts (-1)
03 - Furinkazen - 14pts (-2)
04 - RacerPaul - 13pts (-3)
05 - GTP_Akmuq - 12pts (-4)
06 - Sumo098 - 12pts (-4)
07 - Knelly - 10pts (-6)
08 - Carbonox - 9pts (-7)
09 - CrookdMoe - 1pt (-15)

I saw this happen, and it was a glitch rather than any driver error.

Akmuq is absolutely right, if the Fords can't compete at Daytona, with no restrictions, they will not compete anywhere else.

This either needs tighter restrictions, or a Chevvy only Series.

Apart from being spun, by almost everyone else on track, it was a very good pilot opener.

I could hear you for the whole race but had trouble understanding 'coz I'm obviously not a native English speaker... finally realized tho that Furi was asking me to slow down to bump draft but it didn't work out properly :sly:

You don't sound happy, would you care to elaborate Furi?

I saw this happen, and it was a glitch rather than any driver error.

Akmuq is absolutely right, if the Fords can't compete at Daytona, with no restrictions, they will not compete anywhere else.

This either needs tighter restrictions, or a Chevvy only Series.

Apart from being spun, by almost everyone else on track, it was a very good pilot opener.

Championship Points are up on bottom of previous page and first post. I think a restriction of say... 60 - 100hp could help?

What about weight restrictions? If they all have the same power, but different weights, you'll still have one dominant vehicle. In this case, it would likely be the Toyota Tacoma.

What about weight restrictions? If they all have the same power, but different weights, you'll still have one dominant vehicle. In this case, it would likely be the Toyota Tacoma.

Agreed... I'll investigate.

Extensive testing and we have some new rules that ensure the Toyota, Chevy and Ford are equal.

735hp max
1500kg min weight.

Me and MustangRyan testing have seen that the Toyota, Chevrolet and Ford are very closely matched with these rules. What do you guys think?

After seeing what the Tacoma did in our testing, I would love to know how it would have done had one showed up yesterday. I think it might be the truck to beat at Indy.

I might consider switching to a Tacoma since that's my favourite truck in GT5. I only went Chevy for its raw power. :P

I propose re-running the Daytona race next weekend with the new rules, with the race we just run a non-championship pilot event.

But wait a second, wouldn't this mean that the TOCA Season 3 starts a week later than normal? I (and definitely some others) feel I'm done waiting :(

Obviously, I think the first race should count! :cool:

I'm more upset that you don't get points for leading a lap, or the most laps. :ouch:

But wait a second, wouldn't this mean that the TOCA Season 3 starts a week later than normal? I (and definitely some others) feel I'm done waiting :(

I had a non-championship TOCA Race planned, but I'll throw that out.

I propose re-running the Daytona race next weekend with the new rules, with the race we just run a non-championship pilot event.

:D

Any chance of swapping the Daytona event in the middle of the season for a road course? 3 Daytona races is a bit much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back