The Hagerty's price increases post-1.20 update - 16,878,000 Cr. with corrected Nissan R92CP price (6.04% increase)

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 234 comments
Somebody should make calculation how much power is needed for this grind for all cars? Because i think this is not wery green way to do it. And it would bring unwanted negative attention for sony and pd. Edit time is almost 300 hours after u can do lemans twice in hour.

:D

That is true, but I imagine most would be playing this or another game regardless of thr grind.

In real life when rare car prices go up, they become an appreciating investment piece.

In the game, the car becomes immediately worthless the moment you fork out the credits to buy it because we're missing the other half of the equation. We cannot sell these cars to benefit from the price increase.

Imagine if we had a full on auction house system where we can sell these cars back to other players or even PD with a dynamic pricing system that takes into account the car's owner and racing results in the game. Imagine having this extra layer of engagement instead of just a separate shop that does nothing except increase in price.

Imagine if we had virtual Goodwood Revivals and Concourse d'Elegance shows as seasonal events in the game to show off your pedigreed cars (a pedigree and racing history that you yourself contributed to) and participate in live auctions.

Instead we just grind Tokyo and Sardegna over and over and check to see if a particular car shows up once every 2 months.

Last edited:
In real life when rare car prices go up, they become an appreciating investment piece.

In the game, the car becomes immediately worthless the moment you fork out the credits to buy it because we're missing the other half of the equation. We cannot sell these cars to benefit from the price increase.

Imagine if we had a full on auction house system where we can sell these cars back to other players or even PD with a dynamic pricing system that takes into account the car's owner and racing results in the game. Imagine having this extra layer of engagement instead of just a separate shop that does nothing except increase in price.

Imagine if we had virtual Goodwood Revivals and Concourse d'Elegance shows as seasonal events in the game to show off your pedigreed cars (a pedigree and racing history that you yourself contributed to) and participate in live auctions.

Instead we just grind Tokyo and Sardegna over and over and check to see if a particular car shows up once every 2 months.
It's a good point. Even the simplest version of this mechanic e.g. when a car goes up in value I can sell it in the game for more than I brought it for, but if it goes down I can only sell it for less, would be interesting and make sense of the decision to have the prices change with a constant net increase.

This issue could also in part explain why it's taking so long to introduce the ability to sell cars. Although in practice I'll be surprised if when this feature arrives it takes into consideration the fact that most of the Hagerty cars shouldn't suffer from deflation and some should go up in value. Which will (justifiably) lead to more wrath from the player base. I live in hope though.

I think it’s fun because I personally enjoy authenticity. I nerd out over details like that. Sane reason how I would like the “fully customizable computer” mod in the tuning shop, to allow me to write my own fuel and ignition maps.

I race in cockpit view exclusively.
I just bought a DD1 so I can replicate more authentic steering torque values that are more reminiscent of real life. I could care less if any of this slows me down in sport mode.

Like I said, everyone has their own definition of “fun”.
Firstly, again, this isn't even authentic. There is no evidence these price increases are realistic to real life, so how can you "nerd out" over car valuations increasing in the game when there is no evidence they are in real life? THere is no accountability here, we're just taking PDs word for it that Hagerty's have accurately valued these cars.

Secondly, a detailed realistic simulation of a car in a car game is very different from a car game including real world financial simulations and scarcity. Not that it does really, since it's all one sided.

I mean, where is your limit? Would you literally like a 100% real life simulation in the game, just because it's realistic? Would you like your rare 20M car written off if you crash them badly, with no way to re-buy one for months, years or even ever because it's rare? Would you like to be able to go bankrupt and have all your cars taken away forcing you to start over? Would you like someone to violently throw you around your room when you have a rollover crash?

There has to be a line, surely, of what is fun to simulate and what isn't.

People keeping touting that they like the feature because "real life".

Are you happy to hear that PS5s are getting a price hike? They're effectively the console equivalent of a Hagerty car. Very rare, available once in a blue moon, and now are shooting up in MSRP across the world. The only difference being that you can actually flip and resell a PS5 if you so choose. Sure can't do that with cars in GT7.

Nobody needs a PS5 but, for those that want one, do you think they're glad that it's become even more difficult to get compared to 3 months ago and will feel more rewarded at having finally "earned" one?

At least the PS5 price increase is somewhat understandable. What happened in the last 3 months that made some digital car pixels double, or even triple, in price? Don't forget, because microtransactions are involved, this price increase comes with real life consequences.

Last edited:
Somebody should make calculation how much power is needed for this grind for all cars? Because i think this is not wery green way to do it. And it would bring unwanted negative attention for sony and pd. Edit time is almost 300 hours after u can do lemans twice in hour.

Power? Or you mean time? lol

Anyway. I can do that for you.

Currently, as it stands, you need 478 million credits to buy all the cars in the game. I'm going to take away about 25 million since you can get some cars without grinding, as prize cars, so we are down to 453 million.

The best way of earning credits is at only 3 races, where the average GT7 player would get 1.6 million per hour. The fastest players who pretty much at this point do time trials on Tokyo or Sardegna can get a bit more but those are like the 1%. So I'm going with an average of 1.6 million per hour.

Scenario 1: If you want to just collect cars, not tune them, not buy more than one of each, then you are looking at 283 hours of grinding the best event possible.

Scenario 2: If you, on top of having one of each car, also want to tune them all to the brim, I've calculated all of the tuning parts in the game for all cars to be 209 million credits. Added to the 453 million of the cars themselves, that's 662 million credits or 414 hours of grinding the best event possible.
This takes into account all tuning parts, not the absolute best and/or the ones that we don't need. Which would still not make much of a difference because those same parts that we won't buy are much less expensive. You're probably looking at minus 30 million or something, but this is just a very rough estimate and would need some serious work to calculate. So I'm just leaving it at this for simplicity sake.

Scenario 3: You don't want to grind and just want to do things at your own pace by doing fun custom races and/or sport mode races, but still want to get those cars. You are potentially looking at thousands of hours of driving in this game. If you only do Sport Mode which pays less than 100k per hour (I'm going with 100k for simplicity), you're talking about 4.530 hours of Sport Mode races. :lol:
Add in the tuning of cars and that bar is raised to 6.620 hours of Sport Mode races. 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
The optimal custom race payout is about 1 hour, where you get something like a fantastic 250k. So basically a bit less tha half the time of just doing Sport Mode races but you're still looking at over 2.000 hours of driving.

Unless you want to dedicate your life to this game, like some youtubers or just some kid with a crapton of free time, you are looking at potentially a decade of playing this game and still not have everything you can have in it.

Seems reasonable doens't it?

For comparison, the events the game provides you, from Circuit Experiences, Menus Books, License Tests (that are absolutely useless), Missions and World Circuit Races, the average player can finish all of this in less than 40 hours. The best players can finish it less than 30, and a big chunk of this time comes from the eight 1-hour endurance missions that were introduced in the first few updates in March/April.

For comparison with other AAA games. A game like Red Dead Redemption 2, which is a game that features a lot of diverse grinding, from collectibles, exploration, quests, side-quests, etc, the average player takes about 250 hours to finish the whole game, and get the Platinum even.
So basically, you take more time in GT7 to grind the same race over and over to just get cars than you take to finish RDR2 which is a far more dynamic grind where you can do one thing at a time or just multi-task, your choice.
And I went with RDR2 which is one of the most time-consuming AAA titles.

The average big AAA titles usually take less than 100 hours to finish and platinum.

I'll be honest, I don't mind this Hagerty feature. I mean, its still pointless at the end of the day, but it wouldn't even be on anyone's minds if we could sell cars and get far better payouts for races. If it took me 4 hours of grinding instead of over 12 to get one of those 20 million cars, I wouldn't even give a crap of the price increases as they wouldn't impact anywhere near as much.

Currently, you have to be like in real life, where you have to be extremely careful where you waste your credits, much like in real life with your money (for the average person). Where's the fun in this? I don't want anything in 1 hour, there's two extremes, getting everything easily and getting everything in unreasonable times... How about that middle ground?

Last edited:
I like it, adds to collecting, buy the cars before they go up in value, some go down too so you could lose credits if sold. If we can also sell based on real values then it would be a win for me, buy some classics with a view to selling them to make cash, keeping one back for me!

Last edited:
Just wait until they find a way to also simulate in the game gas and electricity prices increasing, for that full GT experience.
That's already the case. The more you have to grind ingame to pay for digital cars, the more you have to pay for real electricity.

What an incredible experience, this feeling of living like the 1% of humanity owning 50% of wealth! Combined with the pleasure to be one of the 99% others slapped in the face by inflation! Great!

I actully don’t have much of an issue of this, for me the biggest issue will and always be the amount of events we ha e in the game, put the gt4 career mode in gt7 and you have the best gran turismo available

Heh, whilst googling to see if any news outlets were covering this I came across the original Hagerty press release from March.

"To achieve our purpose of saving driving and car culture we're laser-focused on creating on-ramps for car lovers of all ages,"
"One of Hagerty's goals is bringing the love of driving to all ages in engaging and interactive ways," said President of Hagerty Media & Entertainment Paul Rehrig. "The release of Gran Turismo 7 has been long-awaited for gamers and car enthusiasts alike, and we're proud to bring the Hagerty community to it in such an innovative and compelling way."
Saving car culture and bringing people the love of driving, by making it harder and harder for you to drive cars in a game. Genius stuff. Such innovation. Much compelling.

Point 1: It's a video game. For fun. They're digital cars, none of them are rare or scarce. Sure, certain cars should still be more expensive than others but not prohibitively so, and they certainly don't need to inflate in price over time.

Point 2: See above for time it currently takes to earn all cars.

Point 3: We don't need Hagerty in the game at all. They add NOTHING to the game except for making cars more expensive and now inflation. Neither of those things are fun. Which is what a video game is supposed to be about.

Yes, and like I said if you do that, you could be looking at nearly 5,000 hours before you can buy all the cars. Yet you want it to be longer.
Point 1: Well technically there are two modes in the game pertaining to (online) racing which I'm sure you know -- race for fun and race for real. Fun is subjective and defined differently by everyone who plays this game or any game for that matter. Race for real (doesn't really mean anything materially yet) subtly implies it may not be fun. I always choose select race for fun whenever I setup rooms yet many people throughout any given session will still quit mid-race, so they're likely not having fun, while I may be having a blissful session of zen and will still finish the race and get the prize money regardless. Just saying fun is a choice and is experienced differently.

I respectfully disagree. The cars are scarce and rare digital representations. Not dissimilar from PD and said OEM's in game NFTs if you will. Just look at how much people are talking about them in this thread and desire them. These aren't Demios we're talking about, although I own 10 myself - but who gives a damn about those? PD have them, (some) people want them and you use the in game commerce system to acquire them digitally with seat time or fiat. I'm curious to know the revenue they are generating from this feature alone to make such a move. It must be tremendous. If so I hope fans are rewarded in the long run with many more exciting content additions from PD. If it wasn't working they wouldn't do it and if it becomes a hindrance internally (revenue-wise) I'm sure they'll revise it down over time.

Point 2: It doesn't take that long for everyone; this is a generalization but I honestly understand your point.

Point 3: This is an opinion. You're speaking authoritatively for an entire dedicated, multi-generational and complex, international fan base from all walks of life (built over decades) that don't think as a monolithic bloc. As much as I loved it, we are long gone from the quaint and simple days of A-Spec and GT4.

Typing 'nothing' in all caps doesn't obviate the fact that their (Hagerty's) actual addition to the game -- adds something to the game, all other elements of the feature notwithstanding. Some people may love it and want more of their involvement or affiliations with other fine auto related bodies like (the) Dupont registry or Robb Report cars or Sotheby's, or (Auto World), etc. - who really knows where it goes and why not?

Lastly I'm not spending 5,000hrs doing that ever, so it wouldn't be longer for me or anyone else in a similar situation. This is not an inexpensive sport or hobby irl and before you, "it's a video game" me again, I know that but it's also an expensive hobby simply for the amount of time required; time is money of course and that's just a single aspect of investing in GT but a gigantic one. So some form of payment will be extracted inevitably. Will it be 'fun' on that journey for all? If you're not having fun doing it, it's rhetorical. For others they may embrace the time sink challenge (if that's the route chosen) without blinking.

I'm not saying it's right that the Hagerty car prices are rising and fluctuating but I'm not saying it's wrong either. I'm a dedicated fan of the game so I'm just going to deal with it no matter what. Barring the servers going down permanently, there's nothing that would stop me from playing this title and acquiring the content on offer by whatever means/method. I think PD know the lot of their fans think the same and they've accounted for the amount that won't, and are ok with that. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Firstly, again, this isn't even authentic. There is no evidence these price increases are realistic to real life, so how can you "nerd out" over car valuations increasing in the game when there is no evidence they are in real life? THere is no accountability here, we're just taking PDs word for it that Hagerty's have accurately valued these cars.

Secondly, a detailed realistic simulation of a car in a car game is very different from a car game including real world financial simulations and scarcity. Not that it does really, since it's all one sided.

I mean, where is your limit? Would you literally like a 100% real life simulation in the game, just because it's realistic? Would you like your rare 20M car written off if you crash them badly, with no way to re-buy one for months, years or even ever because it's rare? Would you like to be able to go bankrupt and have all your cars taken away forcing you to start over? Would you like someone to violently throw you around your room when you have a rollover crash?

There is actually quite a bit of authenticity in the prices

As for all your other hyperbolic examples of realism in a videogame; yes…. I’m in on all of it 😘

I respectfully disagree. The cars are scarce and rare digital representations. Not dissimilar from PD and said OEM's in game NFTs if you will.
No, they are not. The cars exist in every copy of the game, in an infinite amount. Any rarity is artificial.
Just look at how much people are talking about them in this thread and desire them. These aren't Demios we're talking about, although I own 10 myself - but who gives a damn about those? PD have them, (some) people want them and you use the in game commerce system to acquire them digitally with seat time or fiat. I'm curious to know the revenue they are generating from this feature alone to make such a move. It must be tremendous. If so I hope fans are rewarded in the long run with many more exciting content additions from PD. If it wasn't working they wouldn't do it and if it becomes a hindrance internally (revenue-wise) I'm sure they'll revise it down over time.
Oh i'm sure it's working for PD and Hagerty. Hagerty get their name all over the game as promotion, PD get a big bag of cash. You think they care about the players? Actions like this suggest not.
Point 2: It doesn't take that long for everyone; this is a generalization but I honestly understand your point.
I've already given you the math. It takes in a best case scenario almost 300 hours, but that is doing the same single race over and over for those 300 hours. Anything else, no matter what you choose, is slower. With the poor online payouts then yes, it will take you almost 5,000 hours.

You don't think 300-5,000 hours is already too much for the majority of people? You want them even more expensive?
Point 3: This is an opinion. You're speaking authoritatively for an entire dedicated, multi-generational and complex, international fan base from all walks of life (built over decades) that don't think as a monolithic bloc. As much as I loved it, we are long gone from the quaint and simple days of A-Spec and GT4.

Typing 'nothing' in all caps doesn't obviate the fact that their (Hagerty's) actual addition to the game -- adds something to the game, all other elements of the feature notwithstanding. Some people may love it and want more of their involvement or affiliations with other fine auto related bodies like (the) Dupont registry or Robb Report cars or Sotheby's, or (Auto World), etc. - who really knows where it goes and why not?
Please explain what Hagerty adds to this game, for the player, that is a positive. Because as far as I can see all they've brought is higher car prices. That's it. Remove them from the game, what changes? Nothing. No cars get removed, no features get removed, all that gets removed is their logo and if PD want, reduced car prices.

So again, tell me what the partnership is adding for the players.
Lastly I'm not spending 5,000hrs doing that ever, so it wouldn't be longer for me or anyone else in a similar situation. This is not an inexpensive sport or hobby irl and before you, "it's a video game" me again, I know that but it's also an expensive hobby simply for the amount of time required; time is money of course and that's just a single aspect of investing in GT but a gigantic one. So some form of payment will be extracted inevitably. Will it be 'fun' on that journey for all? If you're not having fun doing it, it's rhetorical. For others they may embrace the time sink challenge (if that's the route chosen) without blinking.

I'm not saying it's right that the Hagerty car prices are rising and fluctuating but I'm not saying it's wrong either. I'm a dedicated fan of the game so I'm just going to deal with it no matter what. Barring the servers going down permanently, there's nothing that would stop me from playing this title and acquiring the content on offer by whatever means/method. I think PD know the lot of their fans think the same and they've accounted for the amount that won't, and are ok with that. Thanks for reading.
What it sounds like you're saying is that it's OK to spend money on microtransactions to get around the huge time sink because this is an expensive hobby. Is that why you want the prices to be even higher, so you can pay real $ to get your 'rare' car and other people who don't have the cash can't buy them?

It also sounds like you're saying you'll take whatever PD gives you. Really? There is no breaking point for you where you say "hang on, that's not right"?

There is actually quite a bit of authenticity in the prices

As for all your other hyperbolic examples of realism in a videogame; yes…. I’m in on all of it 😘
In one car. Now do the rest. Show me why the 911 is now 3x the cost.

Last edited:
I like it, adds to collecting, buy the cars before they go up in value, some go down too so you could lose credits if sold. If we can also sell based on real values then it would be a win for me, buy some classics with a view to selling them to make cash, keeping one back for me!

The coolest way to go about this; which might relate to why this is taking so long for PD to roll selling cars out, is if they somehow tied part of the assessed value of the car to the same algorithm used to determine if a chassis needs a refresh or your car needs a new motor.

If you buy a car and it’s ridden hard and put away wet, then you’ll notice a corresponding depreciation in value. If you didn’t touch it…. Then the market value will be adjusted accordingly.

The coolest way to go about this; which might relate to why this is taking so long for PD to roll selling cars out, is if they somehow tied part of the assessed value of the car to the same algorithm used to determine if a chassis needs a refresh or your car needs a new motor.

If you buy a car and it’s ridden hard and put away wet, then you’ll notice a corresponding depreciation in value. If you didn’t touch it…. Then the market value will be adjusted accordingly.
Yes I agree it's very cool when a driving game encourages me to not drive.

You are surely having us on, what are you getting out of the game with this? You buy a car in a driving game to do nothing with it but sell it and then what, buy another car to sell?

Just buy bitcoin or something mate. Least then you are wasting time investing in something that is actually real (well, sort of).

Last edited:

Let me see if I have this right. You want to take the real life concept of buying a rare car, storing it under a cloth in a garage and never driving it so you can sell it on for a bigger profit later, into a video game?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

They're simulating the very real feeling of everything getting more expensive while wages remain stagnant.

I can only hope they bring these price changes to brand central and the UCD soon too! I love inflation!

They already kinda did. R34 cost like what, 400k?
If you remember the December 2021 February 2022 (I misremembered the date of the video, but not the fact Hagerty's was not yet on board) State of Play video, most of the UCD cars featured on there cost far less than they do now. I should mention Hagerty's didn't sign on until after that State of Play video.
Ha. Even EA don't do in-game inflation though. Somehow PD have out EA'd EA.
EA does a different form of dirty - annual updates at AAA prices where nearly every penny's worth of MTX you bought in the previous year's game doesn't carry over. Imagine if PD picked up the pace on putting out GT titles.
Here is another interesting fact. This 16,378,000 increase number (with 12 cars not a counted for) is the increase of the total cost of all cars for the period of the next 3 months. Since in November there will be another ****…… I mean price increase. That is over 90 days. So if you are not making 16,378,000 / 90 = 182,000 Cr. on average per day, then you are absolutely getting nowhere towards completing your car collection. That’s right, this is one big middle finger from PD & Sony towards the casual racing fan that occasionally logs in and wants to collect cars at his/her own pace. With these crazy 3-monthly car price increases, the credits you already collected previously kinda devaluate over time, at least for cars from the LCD (and for maintenance costs of these cars).

I think this really goes down to the most stupid and silly idea I’ve ever seen implemented in a racing game. Holy smokes. 🤮💩
Over the long term, you'll get somewhere south of 40,000 Cr. per day and a car a week (strictly from a list of most of the Brand Central cars, with a fair chance of repeating once you reach a certain point and no way to sell the repeats) off your daily marathon Wheels of Despair. You're not going to get to 145,000 Cr. doing custom races unless you do hours of them, and you'll barely get there doing enough of the normal races to get your Wheel of Despair. I don't know about the state of pay for online races, but from what I've seen, they still don't have great payoffs either.

And then there's missions/licenses/circuit experiences where, if you don't or can't improve on your previous best medal, and online time trials where, if you're edged out of bronze at the last moment of availability, you don't get so much as a single credit. Don't forget about offline time trials where there is never even a single credit available.

At a minimum, Hagerty's/PD misvalued the Strassenversion either in May or August.

I'll add to what's the limit to realism. Do you want to pay for each set of tires and fuel used? How about an entry fee per race, with the lower-level races having fees above what you get if you don't win? Do you want to pay a track usage fee on top of the costs of tires/fuel to test? That's all real-life racing.

Given this is a racing game, how about an adjustment for the car's racing history? After all, a winning car in the same condition is worth far more than a backmarker.

Last edited by a moderator:

PD wants to sell as many microtransactions as possible, that's why they haven't reintroduced the ability to sell cars for credits, and that's why they keep jacking the prices up on the Hagerty cars.

None of what you are defending as authentic is done by PD because of their want for authenticity, they do it because they want to milk every last dollar they can out of the playerbase.

Last edited:
I think some people here actually want simulations, not simulation games. The two may seem the same, but they're not.

A simulation's purpose is either training or research, thus they're built to be as accurate as possible to real-life, fun be damned. If they're fun for some, it's merely a coincidence with a person's taste.

On the other hand, a simulation game's purpose is entertainment. It will be built to pursue realism in the name of providing more entertainment. The moment some aspect of realism lowers the entertainment value more than it increases it, it will likely be omitted.

Having to "deal with it" because you're a "dedicated fan" is not a ringing endorsement for a feature that doesn't benefit the player in any shape or form.

You're just normalizing exploitative monetization.

If you were truly a dedicated fan, you'd want the devs to be better than this.

The microtransaction bundles in the game aren't there because PD wanted to help you get your dream car faster. They created an ever increasing problem at your expense and then gave you two ways to solve it:
  1. Mindlessly grind 3 events for hundreds of hours
  2. Open your wallet
The Hagerty shop is just car gacha dressed up with a haughty name except most modern gacha games tend to be more generous and have more content for you to chew through with every update. They actually respect your time and do everything they can to keep you engaged. Not to mention most don't come with a $70 USD entry fee.

Last edited:
I think some people here actually want simulations, not simulation games. The two may seem the same, but they're not.

A simulation's purpose is either training or research, thus they're built to be as accurate as possible to real-life, fun be damned. If they're fun for some, it's merely a coincidence with a person's taste.

On the other hand, a simulation game's purpose is entertainment. It will be built to pursue realism in the name of providing more entertainment. The moment some aspect of realism lowers the entertainment value more than it increases it, it will likely be omitted.
"Minor" point of order - a simulation game's purpose is profit for the developer/publisher. Those that care about their fan base and want to continue to make a profit off of the franchise will care significantly about whether an aspect of realism increases or lowers the entertainment value. Those that care mostly about the real-world currency of their country of origin will factor the element's profitability in more than the change in entertainment value.

I concur with the opinion that none of the these valuation changes make sense without the car selling feature. Some may not even make sense with it. Maybe Hagerty can teach us and provide a little background on why each car's value has changed since the last update.

Yes I agree it's very cool when a driving game encourages me to not drive.

You are surely having us on, what are you getting out of the game with this? You buy a car in a driving game to do nothing with it but sell it and then what, buy another car to sell?

Just buy bitcoin or something mate. Least then you are wasting time investing in something that is actually real (well, sort of).

The economy doesn’t bother me. I drive all my cars. Well, sort of. I buy duplicates of a lot just to keep stock for COTW testing. Or because I just want to have a stock one to drive from time to time.
And since I’ve bought 90% of the Cars in my garage, I’m. It going to sell any of them

Let me see if I have this right. You want to take the real life concept of buying a rare car, storing it under a cloth in a garage and never driving it so you can sell it on for a bigger profit later, into a video game?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Doesn’t bother me.

If you remember the December 2021 State of Play video, most of the UCD cars featured on there cost far less than they do now. I should mention Hagerty's didn't sign on until after that State of Play video.

EA does a different form of dirty - annual updates at AAA prices where nearly every penny's worth of MTX you bought in the previous year's game doesn't carry over. Imagine if PD picked up the pace on putting out GT titles.

Over the long term, you'll get somewhere south of 40,000 Cr. per day and a car a week (strictly from a list of most of the Brand Central cars, with a fair chance of repeating once you reach a certain point and no way to sell the repeats) off your daily marathon Wheels of Despair. You're not going to get to 145,000 Cr. doing custom races unless you do hours of them, and you'll barely get there doing enough of the normal races to get your Wheel of Despair. I don't know about the state of pay for online races, but from what I've seen, they still don't have great payoffs either.

And then there's missions/licenses/circuit experiences where, if you don't or can't improve on your previous best medal, and online time trials where, if you're edged out of bronze at the last moment of availability, you don't get so much as a single credit. Don't forget about offline time trials where there is never even a single credit available.

At a minimum, Hagerty's/PD misvalued the Strassenversion either in May or August.

I'll add to what's the limit to realism. Do you want to pay for each set of tires and fuel used? How about an entry fee per race, with the lower-level races having fees above what you get if you don't win? Do you want to pay a track usage fee on top of the costs of tires/fuel to test? That's all real-life racing.

Given this is a racing game, how about an adjustment for the car's racing history? After all, a winning car in the same condition is worth far more than a backmarker.

I race IRL (albeit dirt bikes). Racing is very expensive. Would I like this in a video game? No. I do like your idea with cars value being tied to your own personal race history tho. That’s a cool touch

- 20% of the time, I mean 80% of what I say. You guys are too easy 😂

Last edited:
It's actually a great thing that cars are increasing in price. Just think of how much we are going to be able to sell them for once the sell function definitely totally gets added to the game in 2025!:rolleyes:

To the people who are getting flamed for supporting this, don't worry; it's alright if your opinion happens to be completely wrong.

With these crazy 3-monthly car price increases, the credits you already collected previously kinda devaluate over time, at least for cars from the LCD (and for maintenance costs of these cars).
I apologize for breaking this up off of the larger reply, but I had to do some research. The "good" news is that the quarterly price changes among the Hagerty's cars don't affect maintenance costs outside the costs of a new engine/new body. Allow me to explain.

There are 5 tiers of maintenance/parts costs (noticeable on the "Engine Overhaul" option in GT Auto, which is one of the very few maintenance items/parts available for purchase for every car in the game), based on the "zero-mileage" (also Hagerty's) price set when the car was added to the game code (which is not the same as when it was made available)
  • Tier 1 (engine overhaul costs 7,000 Cr.) - cars at/under 29,500 Cr.
  • Tier 2 (engine overhaul costs 15,000 Cr.) - cars between 30,000 Cr. and 49,900 Cr.
  • Tier 3 (engine overhaul costs 20,000 Cr.) - cars between 50,000 Cr. and 95,300 Cr.
  • Tier 4 (engine overhaul costs 25,000 Cr.) - cars between 100,000 Cr. and 300,000 Cr. (the upper bound is a bit iffy; the 300,000-Cr. Roadster Shop Rampage, the Alpine A220, which debuted at 300,000 Cr., and the Mustang Boss 429, which has been ping-ponging on either side of 300,000 Cr. and debuted under 300,000 Cr., are in Tier 5, while the others at/originally at 300,000 Cr. are in Tier 4)
  • Tier 5 (engine overhaul costs 100,000 Cr.) - cars at/over 330,500 Cr. (again iffy because the Ferrari F8 Tributo, at 330,500 Cr., is the closest Brand Central car to 300,000 Cr. while being over)
The reason why I said "price set when the car was added to the game code" is there are several exceptions, both for the good and for the bad. Some of those:
  • The aforementioned Boss 429, which will be back down to 269,000 Cr. in its next appearance, is still in Tier 5.
  • The Dodge Challenger R/T, which debuted at 253,000 Cr. and was jacked up to 306,000 Cr. in May, is still in Tier 4.
  • The Jeep, which was 100,000 Cr. in the February 2022 State of Play video and has been/will be under 30,000 Cr. in all its past and immediate future post-release appearances, is in Tier 4.
  • The Nissan Silvia Q's, which was a mere 13,300 Cr. in that same State of Play video and which now has a "zero-mile" price of 40,000 (and before the UCD was glitched, never available for under 30,000 Cr.) is in Tier 1.
  • The 1992 Honda NSX Type R, for which we don't have a pre-launch price and is now at a "zero-mile" price of 450,000 Cr (and never available for under 388,400 Cr.), is in tier 4.

Last edited:
This is the worst opinion I've ever read.
His later posts makes it clearer. He wants less people to be able to earn the cars, who also can't afford the MTs, so he who can afford them will have all the rare cars and he can feel high and mighty because he has things other people haven't.
Doesn’t bother me.
How that is a response to what I asked?

Last edited:
Back