The Hagerty's price increases post-1.20 update - 16,878,000 Cr. with corrected Nissan R92CP price (6.04% increase)

• Thread starter Eggstor
  • 234 comments
PD shoots their foots.....
very haloprosal decision

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Last edited:
PD just seem lost in their own world, if they think this is a positive aspect of their game.
Honestly, I think THIS is the key to a lot of the discussion around GT7. Sure some of this stuff reeks of pushing for microtransactions, but a lot of the time PD's decisions are just... baffling.

If they just want to make everything expensive, why not sell us engine swaps? Why insist on the weird AI gaps during races? These choices go beyond the monetary stuff.

Truth is PD has always made the weirdest choices regardless of what players actually want. But we're used to those being charming quirks or defects in "static" released games.

But in the era of games as a service and immediate user feedback it just becomes a series of uncomprehensible choices that could easily be fixed... except they're not. Somehow these past few months we've probably gotten more communication from PD than ever... yet it feels worse than ever because of the age we live in. If PD truly wants this game to be an ever-changing service, they have to enter the real world for once and LISTEN. This is not 1997, and that quirky charm of "how the F did they even think about this feature" that gives these games their undeniable personality has become a crippling weakness. And I say this as someone who still plays regularly and believes in this game and its potential. Sorry for the rant but this has been in my mind for awhile.

I'm sorry, everyone has the right to their own opinions but jacking up the price of video game cars to simulate the real life one is anything but authentic. I just don't understand those who defend this.
Even someone in FB calling it game design choice, not a game issue. How blind someone could be that they called it that???

Last edited:
I apologize for breaking this up off of the larger reply, but I had to do some research. The "good" news is that the quarterly price changes among the Hagerty's cars don't affect maintenance costs outside the costs of a new engine/new body. Allow me to explain.

There are 5 tiers of maintenance/parts costs (noticeable on the "Engine Overhaul" option in GT Auto, which is one of the very few maintenance items/parts available for purchase for every car in the game), based on the "zero-mileage" (also Hagerty's) price set when the car was added to the game code (which is not the same as when it was made available)
  • Tier 1 (engine overhaul costs 7,000 Cr.) - cars at/under 29,500 Cr.
  • Tier 2 (engine overhaul costs 15,000 Cr.) - cars between 30,000 Cr. and 49,900 Cr.
  • Tier 3 (engine overhaul costs 20,000 Cr.) - cars between 50,000 Cr. and 95,300 Cr.
  • Tier 4 (engine overhaul costs 25,000 Cr.) - cars between 100,000 Cr. and 300,000 Cr. (the upper bound is a bit iffy; the 300,000-Cr. Roadster Shop Rampage, the Alpine A220, which debuted at 300,000 Cr., and the Mustang Boss 429, which has been ping-ponging on either side of 300,000 Cr. and debuted under 300,000 Cr., are in Tier 5, while the others at/originally at 300,000 Cr. are in Tier 4)
  • Tier 5 (engine overhaul costs 100,000 Cr.) - cars at/over 330,500 Cr. (again iffy because the Ferrari F8 Tributo, at 330,500 Cr., is the closest Brand Central car to 300,000 Cr. while being over)
The reason why I said "price set when the car was added to the game code" is there are several exceptions, both for the good and for the bad. Some of those:
  • The aforementioned Boss 429, which will be back down to 269,000 Cr. in its next appearance, is still in Tier 5.
  • The Dodge Challenger R/T, which debuted at 253,000 Cr. and was jacked up to 306,000 Cr. in May, is still in Tier 4.
  • The Jeep, which was 100,000 Cr. in the February 2022 State of Play video and has been/will be under 30,000 Cr. in all its past and immediate future post-release appearances, is in Tier 4.
  • The Nissan Silvia Q's, which was a mere 13,300 Cr. in that same State of Play video and which now has a "zero-mile" price of 40,000 (and before the UCD was glitched, never available for under 30,000 Cr.) is in Tier 1.
  • The 1992 Honda NSX Type R, for which we don't have a pre-launch price and is now at a "zero-mile" price of 450,000 Cr (and never available for under 388,400 Cr.), is in tier 4.
This is some valuable stuff! Thanks for looking deeper into it. I always assumed maintenance costs was also %-based of the car/engine cost. Never knew it was done via these 5 tiers.

And I say this as someone who still plays regularly and believes in this game and its potential. Sorry for the rant but this has been in my mind for awhile.
I agree. The untapped potential this game has is beyond measure.

All it needs is SIMPLE (yes, SIMPLE) design decisions.

It's not even a case of adding 20 more tracks or 300 more cars. That would in fact be complicated. The game has a decent amount of both, and the physics since day 1 while not perfect, were decent enough and are getting better and better.
All they need is just the coding team to make the propper changes. Most of which won't even be needed to be from scratch.

It's just astonishing. 6 months of the same crap updates. Aside from that first big update that had a lot of missions and a few more races, which was probably all done to just ease the backlash, they from then, continued on with these absolutely mediocre updates... Only steadily fixing things that should've been propperly done at launch after frickin 8-9 years of development into the game.

This is some valuable stuff! Thanks for looking deeper into it. I always assumed maintenance costs was also %-based of the car/engine cost. Never knew it was done via these 5 tiers.

The tuning parts, oil changes and car parts (wings, skirts, etc) work the same way, via tiers of the cars' cost. But as Eggstor mentioned, there are some exceptions for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I agree. The untapped potential this game has is beyond measure.

All it needs is SIMPLE (yes, SIMPLE) design decisions.

It's not even a case of adding 20 more tracks or 300 more cars. That would in fact be complicated. The game has a decent amount of both, and the physics since day 1 while not perfect, were decent enough and are getting better and better.
All they need is just the coding team to make the propper changes. Most of which won't even be needed to be from scratch.

It's just astonishing. 6 months of the same crap updates. Aside from that first big update that had a lot of missions and a few more races, which was probably all done to just ease the backlash, they from then, continued on with these absolutely mediocre updates... Only steadily fixing things that should've been propperly done at launch after frickin 8-9 years of development into the game.

The tuning parts, oil changes and car parts (wings, skirts, etc) work the same way, via tiers of the cars' cost. But as Eggstor mentioned, there are some exceptions for whatever reason.
I think it’s time to move on. This studio will never change.

Time to set up that afk script.

B80
Don't think that will work anymore, as tge tomahawk frequently smashes into cars and rides the wall.
It works. I run AHK script on a second laptop while I work and make 3 to 5 million credits a day. It takes some supervision as sometimes the connection to the PS4 drops completely and other times mini-drops make it not recognize some script, so you end up in a wrong championship or a replay loop but it is worth it. I do the Pan American championship race 1 only in a Tomahawk.

Then in the evening I get my gameplay in as I would anyway, only a with plenty of credits in the bank.

If they just want to make everything expensive, why not sell us engine swaps? (...) These choices go beyond the monetary stuff.
TL;DR: something something monetization bad, Roulette makes no sense.

Not necessarily. Notice how engine swaps, and other chunks of content, are tied to the Roulette system.

What I'm trying to say is that I am 100% convinced that Roulette was going to be monetized but for whatever reason PoDi or Sony decided against it in the last moment, but it was already a fully complete feature that they didn't want to scrap. It only needs to be hooked up to real-money ticket purchases. It makes no sense for it to otherwise be the rarely-used feature that it is now. Animations, sound design, ticket tiers, ticket categories, content being fully locked behind it... it's a fully fleshed out system. It even has drip feeding, oh so charitably awarding us with one ticket per day and, more rarely, one for finishing a collection; this is very typical of similarly monetized systems in many AAA games. It absolutely reeks of exploitative monetization.
Why the hell is this thing not monetized, and why is it so completely irrelevant now when it's not even monetized? Dozens of developers and publishers would at least heavily insist on this being a freemium-grade system. It's perfect lootbox material to milk players.

Furthermore, the current pricing model of GT7's MTX shows that Polyphony can't even predatorily monetize a game right or aren't very interested in it, or that they genuinely believe Credits in this game are a luxury worth spending luxury money on. Gamers are an extremely easy bunch to extract money from, but every sane person will tell you $20 for 2'000'000 Credits is literally not worth it. No wonder that there aren't many people buying them. The value just isn't there.
Considering the absurd pricing of Credits packs, I'm going to guess that originally each ticket was going to be $9,99, maybe with an option to buy them in bundles of 3 and 5 per pack, respectively priced at $26,99 and $44,99.
If not purchase tickets directly, why not let us buy them for in-game money? It's easy to come up with solutions to make GT7's Roulette actually relevant.
I think it’s time to move on. This studio will never change.
Studio needs an update, not the game.
Yup.

I will not be moving on from GT7. The core single player gameplay is fine in my opinion, it's good enough for me to enjoy one or two 30-minute grind races per day.
I will, however, be moving on from Polyphony. It's their complete lack of interest in or awareness of their product's issues. It's been like this for 10 years now, as in, at least since Gran Turismo 5. I no longer have the patience or energy to wait and find out that whatever this company comes up with next is going to be relevant to expectations of anyone but their own. As long as they don't recognize the value of player feedback, GT7 and future iterations of Gran Turismo will remain a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the unfathomable potential that it has.

So you're just trolling. Ok.

Yes, I was trolling Samus when he gave a bunch of hyperbolic examples. As far as my 80-20 statement, it’s supposed to be funny. But along those same lines, I do get a chuckle over how serious some of you’s take all of this. It’s like a knitting circle full of fragile egos. You guys blame Sony/PD for predatory MTX’s based on FOMO, yet cry wolf about how much you need to grind each update when new cars come and we don’t get the traditional GT Pennie’s on the dollar selling option. FOMO

Fortunately, I have most of those cars but the 20,000,000cr cars they can keep. It's going to take a lot longer to get them and I'm not doing it. PD wants us to stop playing GT7 it seems. I am about two shakes away from going to Assetto Corsa Competizone.
Yes, UNBELIEVEBLY UBSURD!!! Anyone want to buy my GT7 game? The price will be 190.32% more than I paid for it so, it will be about $190.00😒😠💢🤣

@Samus

Here you go champ.

Short article that explains starting value of Porsche 911 GT1

Short article showing recent auction listing

It appears Haggerty’s undervalued it in the beginning on purpose

It also gives an alternate explanation for the FOMO up arrow on the Ford Roadster's second appearance in Hagerty's. It appears that when it was added to the game code sometime before the end of May, it was intended to go for no more than 300,000 Cr. By the time we got our hands on it, that jumped to 450,000 Cr. (which will be reduced to 400,000 Cr. on its next appearance). Its initial "HOT" appearance didn't have the resulting up-arrow, but its second appearance, which established its place in the rotation, did.

Its maintenance/parts tier, similarly, was locked in on Tier 4 instead of Tier 5.

Edit - I just noticed this is a featured thread. Thanks for that.

Last edited:
Yes, I was trolling Samus when he gave a bunch of hyperbolic examples. As far as my 80-20 statement, it’s supposed to be funny.
So you're incapable of having an actual discussion then...
But along those same lines, I do get a chuckle over how serious some of you’s take all of this. It’s like a knitting circle full of fragile egos.
...or talking with people you disagree with without attacking them.
You guys blame Sony/PD for predatory MTX’s based on FOMO, yet cry wolf about how much you need to grind each update when new cars come...
Because they're both problems, they're problems that directly feed off of one another, and they were problems created by Sony/PD. The game's economy and the Hagerty dealership are both designed around encouraging MTX purchases, because trying to acquire the cars through normal means requires an absurdly long time requirement on the part of the user, and that time requirement goes up significantly if you stray from the META path of credit earning. Sony/PD want players to spend extra money on an already full-priced AAA title to get access to content that's on the disc by default.

This is a very problematic and incredibly obvious setup, especially if you have spent any time with any major Free-2-Play title. The difference is that GT7 is not a free-to-play title, as people have spent up to $100 just to have access to the game (moreso if someone also bought a PS4/5 specifically to play GT7). It's even more problematic, and obvious, given the changes to the FOMO cars that have been detailed in this thread post-update, with no increases made regarding the player's ability to earn credits to counteract the economy changes. It's scummy, it's obvious as hell, and it shows a major lack of respect towards PD/Sony and their consumers. It not bothering you doesn't change that.
...and we don’t get the traditional GT Pennie’s on the dollar selling option. FOMO
Yes, because that's also a problem given the game's economy setup, and also how the game was advertised as having the ability to sell cars, with no indication beforehand that that wasn't going to be the case. We also haven't heard any progress on if/when that incredibly basic feature will be added to the game, which given the major spike in car prices with this update, naturally will breed some suspicion.

So you're incapable of having an actual discussion then...

...or talking with people you disagree with without attacking them.

Because they're both problems, they're problems that directly feed off of one another, and they were problems created by Sony/PD. The game's economy and the Hagerty dealership are both designed around encouraging MTX purchases, because trying to acquire the cars through normal means requires an absurdly long time requirement on the part of the user, and that time requirement goes up significantly if you stray from the META path of credit earning. Sony/PD want players to spend extra money on an already full-priced AAA title to get access to content that's on the disc by default.

This is a very problematic and incredibly obvious setup, especially if you have spent any time with any major Free-2-Play title. The difference is that GT7 is not a free-to-play title, as people have spent up to $100 just to have access to the game (moreso if someone also bought a PS4/5 specifically to play GT7). It's even more problematic, and obvious, given the changes to the FOMO cars that have been detailed in this thread post-update, with no increases made regarding the player's ability to earn credits to counteract the economy changes. It's scummy, it's obvious as hell, and it shows a major lack of respect towards PD/Sony and their consumers. It not bothering you doesn't change that.

Yes, because that's also a problem given the game's economy setup, and also how the game was advertised as having the ability to sell cars, with no indication beforehand that that wasn't going to be the case. We also haven't heard any progress on if/when that incredibly basic feature will be added to the game, which given the major spike in car prices with this update, naturally will breed some suspicion.

I’ve had plenty of constructive conversations with all of these people on various topics throughout the forum. I’m not the one that gets bent when someone disagrees with me

While I think MTX’s have something to do with the economy, I don’t for a minute think it’s the biggest contributing factor. As I’ve posted many times before, I think the economy revolves around preserving the longevity of the game fir both short term, and long term collection goals. I believe that for whatever the reasons for the economy might be, they were hampered by the drip feed of content. The drip feed of content can be for several reasons; not all of them malicious. I’m willing to bet my paycheck that the overwhelming majority of players don’t obsess about this game like the majority of players who regularly post on this forum. I’m also willing to bet that most Gran Turismo players might be completely unaware that this website even exists. Nor do they post on Reddit or twitter. I don’t fit a second believe that the sentiments expressed across the various forums are actually representative of the majority of people who play/purchased this game.

PD’s handling of this game post launch is only “offensive” if you let it be.

Just my opinion tho

Last edited:
I’ve had plenty of constructive conversations with all of these people on various topics throughout the forum. I’m not the one that gets bent when someone disagrees with me
So you decided, by your own admittance, to troll another user that was actually trying to have a discussion with you, because...?
While I think MTX’s have something to do with the economy, I don’t for a minute think it’s the biggest contributing factor.
Time-limited items that require extreme grinding to collect through normal means, while also having MTXs present to alleviate the process, is basically FOMO-economics 101. Again, this has been the core makeup of most F2P economies.
As I’ve posted many times before, I think the economy revolves around preserving the longevity of the game fir both short term, and long term collection goals.
Then PD needs to let the individual players make that decision. They can do this by giving players greater options to earn credits, and they can do this while keeping current events/payouts the same. Previous GT titles have a solid balance of high- and low-paying events, and the only truly limiting factors in those games were your license ratings and your available cars. Most of the previous GT games had no problem letting players do things at their own pace, and never had an issue with having things available at certain times with no control from the player.
I’m willing to bet my paycheck that the overwhelming majority of players don’t obsess about this game like the majority of players who regularly post on this forum. I’m also willing to bet that most Gran Turismo players might be completely unaware that this website even exists. Nor do they oust on Reddit or twitter. I don’t fit a second believe that the sentiments expressed across the various forums are actually representative of the majority of people who play/purchased this game.
So basically, since it's not a common complaint, then it's not a problem? I'm sorry, but that is not great logic there. There have been countless times in history where a majority of people agree on something, even though they are objectively incorrect.
PD’s handling of this game post launch is only “offensive” if you let it be.
I mean, I'm not sure about you, but I personally don't like being treated like a cow by someone I've already been given money to just to get access to the basic features advertised in the product I've already paid for.

Last edited:
So you decided, by your own admittance, to troll another user that was actually trying to have a discussion with you, because...?

Samus and I have a history of banter and disagreements. I don't take it personally. I'd be surprised if he takes it personally as well.
Time-limited items that require extreme grinding to collect through normal means, while also having MTXs present to alleviate the process, is basically FOMO-economics 101. Again, this has been the core makeup of most F2P economies.

Then PD needs to let the individual players make that decision. They can do this by giving players greater options to earn credits, and they can do this while keeping current events/payouts the same. Previous GT titles have a solid balance of high- and low-paying events, and the only truly limiting factors in those games were your license ratings and your available cars. Most of the previous GT games had no problem letting players do things at their own pace, and never had an issue with having things available at certain times with no control from the player.

So basically, since it's not a common complaint, then it's not a problem? I'm sorry, but that is not great logic there. There have been countless times in history where a majority of people agree on something, even though they are objectively incorrect.

I mean, I'm not sure about you, but I personally don't like being treated like a cow by someone I've already been given money to just to get access to the basic features advertised in the product I've already paid for.
"Time-limited" is open to interpretation. Its not like its never going to pop up again. Could be at a higher price, but the player will have more than enough time to make up that difference if its truly something they want. If you cared to read my past posts on the subject in general, and even in this very thread.... you'd see that I for the most part agree that the economy is too much of a grind... purely because of lack of events. That is, if car collecting and needing everything right this minute is your thing. In fact, I've often argued that PD/SONY are doing MTX's wrong. I'd have zero issue paying real money for fake money if the investment was worth it. I've also posted about this in depth too.

As far as being treated like a cow, personally I don't think so because I feel like I've gotten my money's worth a few times over out of this game. And it keeps getting better each update. I've maintained since week 1, that this game does way more right, then it does wrong. Objectively speaking, I think its a fair assessment.

JMHO tho

edit: And the more I learn about all these LCD cars, the more I agree with the dynamic pricing model. But then again, I do subscribe to the notion of more off a sense of ownership in my purchase because I had to map out a goal to reach said objective. Must be the boomer' in me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is the kind of thing that makes your company a villain in the gaming world, the likes of EA and Ubisoft. The fact that this isn't making waves is simply because not enough people care about a company that makes one game, that used to be great, long ago.
PD doesn't even pretend to care about its userbase. That loyalty will be repaid if there is ever an alternative to Gran Turismo on Playstation. Say goodbye PD.

edit: And the more I learn about all these LCD cars, the more I agree with the dynamic pricing model. But then again, I do subscribe to the notion of more off a sense of ownership in my purchase because I had to map out a goal to reach said objective. Must be the boomer' in me :rolleyes:
The cars weren't cheap as peas to begin with. Did they not give you a sense of ownership when you bought them the first time around? What did an extra few million credits on top add to your sense of ownership? Did the increase in price also increase the performance of the car on track? Must have been difficult mapping out the objective, "do I grind Tokyo 300 times or Sardegna? Or do I switch it up a little and waste my time at Le Mans?"

What about the few cars that have gone down in price? Do you now feel robbed because it's easier to earn them?

Is it the "boomer in you" that finds capitalistic joy in knowing things are made significantly harder for new players to the game at no fault of their own?

Last edited:
The cars weren't cheap as peas to begin with. Did they not give you a sense of ownership when you bought them the first time around? did an extra few million credits on top add to your sense of ownership? Did the increase in price also increase the performance of the car on track? Must have been difficult mapping out the objective, "do I grind Tokyo 300 times or Sardegna? Or do I switch it up a little and waste my time at Le Mans?"

What about the few cars that have gone down in price? Do you now feel robbed because it's easier to earn them?

Is it the "boomer in you" that finds capitalistic joy in knowing things are made significantly harder for new players to the game at no fault of their own?
Trust me, I get your points and agree with a few of them. Its just my opinion on the matter.

I don't really grind. And if I do, I race with different cars because it's fun. I did the bonanza for all of one hour. After that, I found it a waste of time and just went back to hotlapping. Never have done a script.... couldn't be bothered with it. The fluctuations in prices don't bother me the least bit. The "boomer" comment was meant to be poking fun at myself.... hence the eye roll. The capitalistic joy comment is just weird.

- If one chooses to buy into the essence Kaz was trying to convey with the rarity of some of these cars; and that your garage isn't just one of 5 million GT7 garages, but you're own private Jay Leno garage where your street legal 911 GT1 is but the only one in the world, its not hard to understand the choices they made. Its the same reason why at a local Chevy car show where's there's a ton of 68' Camaro's, but everyone is crowded around the 68' COPO convertible.... it's rare. Wether or not they succeeded with this is largely up for debate, and usually lies in the eye of the beholder. Through my lens, I see for the most part what Polyphony was trying to accomplish, and I happen to like it. No biggie

Your profile says you're 38, and therefore a Millennial.

Of course that doesn't mean you don't have a Boomer in you. However you want to live your life is up to you and nobody should judge you for it.

Which is in the open for everyone to see…. Which further propagates the irony I was poking at myself.

Congrats on the podium in FIA btw, getting ready to flog my Ferrari here shortly

As soon as I get the ‘38 Alfa Romeo 8C I’m going to T-bone it head on into the pit lane entrance divider at Le Sarthe.

That’ll show them.

The "boomer" comment was meant to be poking fun at myself.... hence the eye roll. The capitalistic joy comment is just weird.
It was a joke bro, isn't it funny?
- If one chooses to buy into the essence Kaz was trying to convey with the rarity of some of these cars; and that your garage isn't just one of 5 million GT7 garages, but you're own private Jay Leno garage where your street legal 911 GT1 is but the only one in the world, its not hard to understand the choices they made. Its the same reason why at a local Chevy car show where's there's a ton of 68' Camaro's, but everyone is crowded around the 68' COPO convertible.... it's rare. Wether or not they succeeded with this is largely up for debate, and usually lies in the eye of the beholder. Through my lens, I see for the most part what Polyphony was trying to accomplish, and I happen to like it. No biggie
The LCD cars were already presented as "special" and expensive to start with. What does making the GT1 more expensive add to your own experience when everyone has the exact same experience?

How does the price adjustment change the fact that the "only one in the world GT1" is available to everyone at the same time for the same price at PD's whim? It's just now 200% more expensive for no good reason.

It's easy to understand they created this system to exploit your sense of FOMO to sell microtransactions. It's hard to understand why anyone would defend this system. A core mechanic of the game shouldn't be met with "it doesn't bother me", it should be "enjoyable." That's what games are supposed to be.

Last edited:
- If one chooses to buy into the essence Kaz was trying to convey with the rarity of some of these cars; and that your garage isn't just one of 5 million GT7 garages, but you're own private Jay Leno garage where your street legal 911 GT1 is but the only one in the world, its not hard to understand the choices they made. Its the same reason why at a local Chevy car show where's there's a ton of 68' Camaro's, but everyone is crowded around the 68' COPO convertible...

... Except that this is a video game.

PD goes through all the trouble of modeling all these cars. wasting dozens of man hours in doing so, for each car, so that only a handful of their multi-million playerbase can drive them and experience them? Even in terms of just business, that's just not good at all.

I agree that the prices of these legendary cars should be more or less reflected like they are IRL. A lot of people are still having the notion that the price of cars is the problem, when in fact the biggest problem is the way to earn credits to buy them.

PD can put a price tag of 1 billion credits on a car. However, if there exists a way in the game to get 1 billion credits in a reasonable amount of time, it no longer feels expensive at all, or a chore to grind for.
Which is not the case in this game. Its not fun whatsoever to grind the exact same meta race for over 12 hours to get it. And double-digit hours of pure grind to get one car is not anywhere near reasonable.

If PD really wants for these cars to feel like an actual achievement or reward then simply make events, in the form of Missions, Challenges, Championship Races, etc, that rewards those cars.
However, for these legendary multi-million credit cars, make it so that these events are incredibly hard to beat, so that players have to actually get good to get them, so that the time they put in the game to get better, gets rewarded.

Make something like say, a challenge as hard as the Red Bull X2010 Vettel Challenge in GT5 was, and if you beat something like that, you get rewarded say a McLaren MP4/4 or some other ultra-expensive car that is related to said event.

And while only like 5% would get good enough to beat a challenge of that level of difficulty, there's always the option to grind for those credits and just buy the car. But, at the very least, players would have 2 routes to choose... Grind, or get good and get rewarded.

And thats the thing... The design of rewards on this game are absolute shambles. I am of the opinion that there's a middle ground to cover. I don't want to win one single 5-lap race and get immediately rewarded a 20 million car, but I also don't want to waste, potentially an entire week's worth of gaming time (1-2 hours per day) grinding to get it.

Which let me make it clear here before anything else. I absolutely disliked the way we got rewarded cars in the Café. They didn't felt rewarding whatsoever. They reward like 50 cars (don't know the exact number but it's quite a few of them) in the café, even if its the cheapest cars you can buy (which it basically was) but all of that for just placing 3rd or better in a single 3 or 5 lap race? What the hell is that??? Like, who really came up with this design?
Why not just create enough events with 3-5-10 races each in the first place for us to get those cars rewarded?

And then there's another, rather hard to understand decision they took, where they introduced a difficulty level for the AI, yet these don't affect the payouts you receive. So players can just select the easiest difficulty and cheese through all the events and get the same payouts as the people who chose the harder difficulty for an actual challenge.

As for the part where you (was it you?, sorry if not) stated that the game has more positives than negatives... I actually beg to differ. Aside from progression things like graphics and physics, where they have to be better than the previous generations, the game has a crap ton of negative things about it... More than the positives.

Even the MTXs themselves. Who in the flying **** is going to pay 20€ for 2 million credits? They can't even get this right. They would probably make a fortune if they had made 20 million credits for 20€ instead. A lot more players would've gladly gave them their money for this kind of deal, but 2 million for 20€? That's just targetting the whales...

Last edited:
Meanwhile at PD: champagne and caviar as the team celebrate the start of their next haute couture collaboration; Mr Yamauchi thinks about the colour his next Porsche should be; and pikespeak.prj continues to sit on a HDD...

@Samus

Here you go champ.

Short article that explains starting value of Porsche 911 GT1

Short article showing recent auction listing

It appears Haggerty’s undervalued it in the beginning on purpose
Check the second article again. The car didn't sell. You don't value cars based on listed prices, you do it on sale prices.

Fair enough. But I do think the current 9mil price tag in LCD is justified. Finally got the credits together for the MP4. What an awesome car! Miiiiight make a push for the Porsche GT1. Depends what next weeks dailys look like

Back