TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
I would vote for the pace lap but people have a problem with starting correctly by usually jump starting the farther they are from the leader.

kk - Yeah formation lap would be cool

Saved a replay of one of the races we had last night, and checking the replay, (there was only four of us) we still had some minor lag.
To be on the safe side, might it be best to drop race quality down to 'low'? it doesn't sound like it would effect things too much judging by this:-

To help those on slower connections the host can set the 'Race Quality' to either 'low' or 'very low'. That way the data transmission rate should be easier to keep up with resulting in less lag and less disconnections. Note that lowering this setting will not necessarily affect the visual smoothness of racing for those that have no lag/connection issues. I've run two events this week, one on 'very low' and the other on 'very high', and there were no visual differences in the movement of the cars.

What do you mean? everyone goes on track with the hard tyre then change tyre regs? how do you stop people pitting for mediums on the next lap, not that i think anyone would TBH.

No real way to tell but I agree with you that nobody is likely to do this on purpose.

All we could do is check that nobody started on mediums I guess :)

qualifying ?
option 1. stay as it is
option 2. slowest qualifier changes tyre regs
option 3. in 20 min qualifying spend 15 mins setting up and the last 5 with no pitting allowed at this time change regs(stops anyone pitting for meds)

option 3 seems manageable it kind of makes it a super pole of sorts.

What about this scenario though -start on hard - go into pits - change to medium - set a quick time - into pits change to hard - start race on hard.

No way of telling that the medium was used.

qualifying ?
option 1. stay as it is
option 2. slowest qualifier changes tyre regs
option 3. in 20 min qualifying spend 15 mins setting up and the last 5 with no pitting allowed at this time change regs(stops anyone pitting for meds)

option 3 seems manageable it kind of makes it a super pole of sorts.

Thats a good idea, might be a lot of traffic out on track at the same time though but that's just nitpicking :lol:

What about this scenario though -start on hard - go into pits - change to medium - set a quick time - into pits change to hard - start race on hard.

Your not meant to be giving them ideas :lol:

If you cheat then yeah that is the best plan

:lol: sorry

well I'm all for allowing the Medium tyre from the outset. No ones a cheater in our league. And as you say if someone mistakenly start on Medium it can be checked after and some sort of penalty given.

We could qualify for 15mins then reset the track then everyone jumps onto the track go the back stretch in the correct qualifying order. Jonzster checks tires then goes to his qualifying spot. Then start race.

No cheating because the tire are restricted to Hards and when you switch to the medium regs the times are reset so when you jump onto the track in the correct order the race will start in that order if no completes a lap.

This works everytime, not a chance for anyone to get there spot switched.

We could qualify for 15mins then reset the track then everyone jumps onto the track go the back stretch in the correct qualifying order. Jonzster checks tires then goes to his qualifying spot. Then start race.

No cheating because the tire are restricted to Hards and when you switch to the medium regs the times are reset so when you jump onto the track in the correct order the race will start in that order if no completes a lap.

This works everytime, not a chance for anyone to get there spot switched.

This could well be the best solution we have heard.

So Jonz would say the order, people leave the pits and park up in order then Jonz heads up top no doubt to his qualifying position.

If you can be bothered giving this a shot I reckon this is worth a punt ;)

Good idea matt but the simplier the better, so if Steg agrees to allowing both tyres from the outset then I think we should go with it. Everyone just needs to remember to check they are on the Hard tyre before they start qualifying.

:lol:

I know how you feel Jonz, the easier the better.

I am 99% sure that nobody here cheats, and if they did it's because the can't get a good qualifying spot without doing so. Say for example I cheated, I would be back to my spot near the back within the first few laps of the race :lol:

As I said in an earlier post, Monaco is the track where grid position is everything so we may need to re-think our strategy there.

Tonight we will allow both tyres from the start.

If you cheat then you are a loser :) If you are caught you will be disowned :)

This would be a simplified version:

Before qualify change room regs to Racing hard tires

1: start qualify (15mins)

2: qualify over every writes down their position.

3: Jonzster changes regs to sports tires so everyone gets kicked off track then switches to mediums.[this step can be excluded if you rather keep the tire regs to medium. You still need to reset the track to wipe lap times]

4: everyone gets on track in correct order.

5: before Jonzster jumps on track he checks tires.

6:Jonzster gets in place

7: start race.

That's how I used to do the qualified in the FIA GT3 series and in Spec Miata.

Damn I'm getting in your lounge to practice now you said your changing the room to low quality right?

I need to run a few tests to make sure my car feels the same while in a different room environment.

jonzster

You can check that in a simple way...If someone does this and gets pole, remember the time he/she posted and when looking back at the replay, if the times during the race are two seconds of the quali time then theres surely a problem....hope it makes sense...

Is the room open yet I'm in a B-Spec endure so I can't tell.

In your lounge now. Where is everyone?

Last edited:
Apologies in advance. My normal slow pace achieves epic proportions at this track. Also confess I have practised very little. I'll try & get out your way as you all lap me. Probably by spinning off uncontrollably:dunce:

Im done with the series now peeps, wasting wednesday nights trying to connect to a lobby only to be booted is not my idea of fun when im spending the rest of the night playing in public servers without 1 problem, lag or DC

official request for inquiry..............................

Grey Fox baulked me twice in the race ,both times as you go onto the back straight before the bus stop.

in my opinion he held on to 4th gear as to hit the limiter an cause Me to hit him .
the first time it caused engine damage and some suspension damage .

the second time at the same place i swerved to avoid .

if this is all about lag how come he was fine to fallow close for the first part of the lap?????👎👎👎:grumpy::ill:

We need to switch to someone else's lobby from now on, too many disconnects and non connections when I host. Done everything possible and it's as bad as last time. Sorry if your time got wasted.

Back