World Motorsport Association

• Thread starter NizmoDr3
  • 1,067 comments
NizmoDr3
What other incentives or help can we give to the guys that is slow and struggling? ...

A link to the GT5 apex book guide :sly: I knocked my laptimes by around a second after reading this. Very helpful..

A link to the GT5 apex book guide :sly: I knocked my laptimes by around a second after reading this. Very helpful..

This + Driver's Handbook. Bad news, though-My computer crashed. Yet another delay is hindering me.

TDZdave
Le mans school?

Crashes and burned... ;(

Cool idea, just didn't have the interest.

Since we're talking about series no ones heard of, how 'bout that Camaro cup? I have to say, that was a embarrassment for us. It was a total rip off of the PURE series.

Because of that, I think you should have to post your series proposal on here before you go ahead and make it. And I mean, you have to have car lists, basic specs, general info. That way we avoid any poorly orgainized series with the WMA name on them.

polarbear345
Crashes and burned... ;(

Since we're talking about series no ones heard of, how 'bout that Camaro cup? I have to say, that was a embarrassment for us. It was a total rip off of the PURE series.

Because of that, I think you should have to post your series proposal on here before you go ahead and make it. And I mean, you have to have car lists, basic specs, general info. That way we avoid any poorly orgainized series with the WMA name on them.

^^^^^^^

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're doing things wrong, I just gave a problem and gave a solution.

But it should work great ;)

I def need a link to that book ... anything to help me out ... :D

Crashes and burned... ;(

Fully agree ... Certain series were too rushed to be added ... mine included, but Bankfin was before WMA ... :sly:

We need to take the time to do the proper research and homework, then post the proposal on here and let us all participate to see if it is viable or not ... once it is proven to be a viable event, then we post it in the interest checks and hope and pray for the best ...

Please have a look at this ... it is starting next Wednesday, 22 Aug ... It's great fun and perfect to hone your skills ...

Guys, if you recall and read the thread properly, I was placed in charge of the creation of new series, I'd have thought that would have flopped anyway,

Also we can run the same series as other people, providing we research it right and make it better then someone elses,

Nice videos polar, just wish you put round 1 race 1 and race 2 at deep forest where I performed about 3 "dive bomb" over takes down the outside at turn 1, well I did that a few times over the round lol, I wish I could re join you guys for autumn ring and try do the same there at turn 1, 8, and 11,

Last edited:
NizmoDr3
I def need a link to that book ... anything to help me out ... :D

Fully agree ... Certain series were too rushed to be added ... mine included, but Bankfin was before WMA ... :sly:

We need to take the time to do the proper research and homework, then post the proposal on here and let us all participate to see if it is viable or not ... once it is proven to be a viable event, then we post it in the interest checks and hope and pray for the best ...

Please have a look at this ... it is starting next Wednesday, 22 Aug ... It's great fun and perfect to hone your skills ...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=261306

👍 I think the Bankfin series is a great example of a well researched and well presented series. Everything is up to date and it just appeals to anyone flicking through it.

^^ season 2 will be better, as like all series, but so far so good!

What do you all think about a 20ishlap multi class race at Le Mans with the mid-late1990s cars like the Mercedes CLK, ToyotaTS020 and the Nissan GT1 along with slower GT cars like Viper GTS Racecar '99 (I think), and the Mclaren Racecar '97, and any other cars we could add/change? I asked Nizmo about a possible future event and he told me to ask in here if there was any interest.

I would be interested :)

In checking out the League description on the "Home Page" on page 1, there is a comment stating "If you would like to register as a competitor, then you can do so ... Click Here". I clicked on the link and filled out (or rather checked the items) required but never heard anything since. This was three or four days ago so I was wondering if you guys were still doing your "background check" :)

I just got an idea for a new series. Completely unique and follows an olympic sport. Proposal will be up soon. Theres never been anything like this...

I would be interested :)

In checking out the League description on the "Home Page" on page 1, there is a comment stating "If you would like to register as a competitor, then you can do so ... Click Here". I clicked on the link and filled out (or rather checked the items) required but never heard anything since. This was three or four days ago so I was wondering if you guys were still doing your "background check" :)

Yeah. That means that you registered. NizmoDR3 and I check the registration often, but, my computer died two days ago, and only got back running last night (because of a friend.) You're in now. I'll give your details to NizmoDR3, so that he can add you to the OP.

I've got an idea which just hit me. Are you guys aware of the olympic track cycling events?

Well how about having nascar cars instead bikes and having indy speedway or motegi speedway instead of the velodrome.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Individual Events:

Sprint: In a sprint, the riders race against one another to be the first one to cover a thousand meters around a circular track. This usually works out to a three-lap race, but that can occasionally vary depending on the length of the specific track used.
In sprints, sometimes you'll get to see racers doing track stands, a strategic move where they come to a complete stop, balancing in place in order to force their opponent to take the lead spot. The tactic here is that the second rider then tucks in neatly behind his or her opponent, allowing them to set the pace and do the hard work pedaling in front. Then when it comes to the final, explosive sprint, the second place rider uses fresher legs to power past and take the victory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOc5u6U9G4

Individual pursuit: In the individual pursuit, two riders compete head-to-head over a set distance. For men, it's 4000 meters/2.5 miles, while women race over 3000 meters/1.8 miles. The riders start from opposite points of the track, and the winner is the one who either catches his rival or records the best time overall. If one rider catches the other, the race ends at once, though the winner may still need to finish to record his overall time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIWVRFjGuQ0

Keirin:: Originating in Japan and popular in Europe (where that version is known as Motorpace), Keirin is an eight-lap, 2000 m race in which a small motorbike paces the riders around the track for five-and-a-half laps. Because the motorbike provides a slipstream, the cyclists can go at much higher speeds in Keirin than in other track races.
The riders follow the motorbike at faster and faster speeds (going from 25 kmph to 45 kmph) with only inches between them until the final lap when the motorbike peels away and the racers give it all they've got for the last two-and-a-half-laps, busting it in a mad sprint for the finish.
Much of the action in Keirin comes as riders jockey for the best position immediately behind the motorbike. It's not a full contact sport by any means, but riders aren't exactly hands-off either as they attempt to manuever themselves into the prime spot for the sprint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-t8lFpLlaA

Team Events:

Team pursuit: In team pursuit, two teams of 4 riders compete over a distance of 4000 m. The teams start from opposite points of the track. The winner is the team which either catches its opponent or records the best time overall.
Other things to know: The team's position is determined by the finishing time of the third rider, so only three riders have to finish the complete race. Usually the four teammates form a single file pace line, and each takes a turn at the front, changing every lap or so to keep freshest legs up front. When the lead rider is done, he'll swing up and out of the way, allowing his teammates to pass, then drop back down and catch on to the rear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5oCd8Bmveg&feature=related

Team sprint: Using two teams of three riders, this event is run over 750 m. The teams start at opposite ends of the track. At the start, riders form a paceline, and each rider leads a lap all out before dropping out and handing over to the next. The last rider finishes alone. Eight teams with the best times qualify; four of them are eliminated through head-to-head races in the next round. At the end, the two teams with the best times square off to decide the overall winner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skAaRP6UdiA

Please watch the videos for a visual explanation of the events.

^^ this could be good

Sk8ter, these multiclass ideas are fantastic, specially for spot races, and polar has made it work well in his rolex series, I would assume seeing as your talking le mans your talking an endurance spot race?
If so you would have to some hard work in specing the cars, if your willing to do the hard work and report back to us to double check your specs then please feel free to do so as I'm working on lower class GT series I would like to see us being able to use your GT-1 specs in a GT-1 series, I'm not officially releasing much info at the moment, the only thing I will release is that my intentions are to have a GT-2 category using road modified cars and GT-1 category using race cars,

Polar's post below using caterhams would be cool also suzuki cappucino or GSX-R concept

Last edited:
polarbear345
Kk, maybe use caterhams? Those would be more like bikes... But it's definitly cool!

Yeah that sounds great. Caterhams with low grip tyres. The low grip tyres would mean that you have to take it easy in the bankings while following the draft otherwise you'll spin. There are pro's and cons to being the car behind in an individual sprint.

Guys, we have a decent list of series. Now, let's send out some organized messages, explaining "Hey, here are some W.M.A. Spec Series. Are you interested?"

I mean, the original plan WAS to bring the racing to the drivers, and the drivers to the races, right?

^^ customers means success, we need to get our current series underway, our established series filled, and wait for the end of current series before we use new ones, we can create and spec cars for new series but we won't be using them until a series has ended, but we need some enticing spot races to gain some quick membership, something easy to set up and go lol

^^ customers means success, we need to get our current series underway, our established series filled, and wait for the end of current series before we use new ones, we can create and spec cars for new series but we won't be using them until a series has ended, but we need some enticing spot races to gain some quick membership, something easy to set up and go lol

Hmmmmmmm, I'll see what I can pull-up.

I'm good to go :)

Cool mate, just follow the prompts on the OP and sign yourself up for a few series, fiats, BMW's bankfin and itcc have multiple spots available, welcome

Please concentrate on getting the series you have now in good shape before you add more.

My point exactly lancer, we got enough already without enough people to fill the grid spots, we have said over the last week that no more series are to get underway until a major current series has ended,

Can we expect to see you joining a new series?

Why don't you guys do a weekly or bi-weekly news letter to all WMA members that's sent out via PM?

^^ we should, that way current members don't have to continually read the OP

Latest Posts

Back