::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 7 | Le Mans GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 210 comments
seriously hope it isnt dark, did a about 6 laps earlier just to see what its like, and man, straining my eyes from remembering where to brake, as in lighter conditions its easy to use features on the track etc, but nana not in the dark

This, seriously the worst combination is dark and wet! Literally all I could see during a practice race is a big blob of white in front due to the spray! It's petrifying as you have to dive in on your own instincts on apexes and with the AI tend to be very slow on corners it almost caught me out on a number of occasions. :nervous:

I think we are doing a full day-night-day cycle. Will be the first time I've done that in GT5 actually, so I'm looking forward to this :D

56010500.jpg

This is the results for Indy with added penalties (only 1 I think)

Im away at mo I've had a report through pm I will try to look into it later on, I'm not sure about penalties but there might be some warning given out

Remember the turn four rule from the preseason though people, repeatedly running wide will be penalised.

Im away at mo I've had a report through pm I will try to look into it later on, I'm not sure about penalties but there might be some warning given out

Hmmm...is running wide on 20 out of 32 race laps (62.5%) mostly in corner 1 (12x) and Netz (9x) not repeated? On 6 of those 20 laps it being in multiple corners.

Or how about running wide on 11/32 laps (34.375%), mostly in the Netz corner (8x) plus 3 chicane cuts in Dunlop?

Hmmm...is running wide on 20 out of 32 race laps (62.5%) mostly in corner 1 (12x) and Netz (9x) not repeated? On 6 of those 20 laps it being in multiple corners.

Or how about running wide on 11/32 laps (34.375%), mostly in the Netz corner (8x) plus 3 chicane cuts in Dunlop?

dont worry atlas i will look into it, im just watching the british touring cars and then il fire up the ps3 and watch the replay :D

i would like to add that for this weeks race there are sooo many places to cut corners etc so DONT DO IT! lol

also coming into the pits at full throttle will make you skip part of the pit lane and cut across the gravel trap, this is NOT allowed make sure you slow down when coming into the pits

I think it proves nothing other than one driver made a mistake on 62% of the laps and another driver made mistakes on 34%. Add running wide onto grass and the percentage for me will be even higher. I notice you didn't include my running wide into the Coca Cola corner, which I did more often than anywhere else actually. Except that was onto grass. But I suppose that doesn't count right? ;)

Give this up please, I didn't run wide to try and gain any benefit at any point, it LOST me time and this is getting dull now.

Edit: Ah well, just got given a penalty for "cutting corners" - I wouldn't have a problem with that, if I was actually corner cutting and gaining time. As it was, running wide, LOSING me time (Seriously do I have to say it again?) multiple times = a penalty apparently. I ran wide a LOT at Fuji through outbraking myself, general understeer of the car, or with the back end stepping out and then snapping back the other way. Each time I ran wide because of a fault of mine, either from a mistake or from poor car setup, and each time as a result of understeer, oversteer or missing a braking point, I lost time. If I was doing it DELIBERATELY and trying to use the run off as my racing line, I would admit it and accept that a penalty is fair - but when it is through MISTAKES, come on... I ran wide at Turns 1, 3 (Grass), 5 (Grass), 6 (Grass), 7 (Grass), 13, 14 (Grass), 15 and 16 (Grass) at various times throughout the race. Not "mostly Turn 1 and 15" like you suggest. Also if you bothered to look at my steering angle when I ran off the road, you'd notice I put a lot of effort into getting back on circuit. Whenever I ran wide at 13 for example, I was turning RIGHT to get back on the circuit instead of turning LEFT for the corner. Some people in this series need to get a grip; Fuji is a circuit which I hate and it showed from the amount of mistakes I made, and always make at this circuit. When you spend multiple hours checking peoples replays I think you seriously need to take a look at your priorities.

A penalty makes sense if you are doing regular corner cutting (not running wide, quite the opposite), or are deliberately using the run off as a racing line. I don't think running wide at Turn 1 for 37% or Turn 9 for 28% of the race classifies that as my regular racing line, does it? Or how about the grass? I used that a lot more than I ran wide at Turn 1, but equally I'm pretty sure that's not my regular racing line.

Last edited:
I need to check my replay. But I willing to bet I only went off 3-4 times total.

If a driver makes it priority they will keep it in track.

The over runs that net being in the middle of an open parking lot or obvious ovrr driving. Where a wall or gravel should be. Should be penalized. That run off area is to save lives. Not a parking ticket for racers to use when they feel the need to run to hard. Hahahaaha

I personally will admit fear of reporting. I am not perfect and don't want to be nit picked after doing so. So only thing I would report would be blatant damage caused to my racer. Props to those that are trying to maintain integrity.

Personally I been thinking a GT300 driver should watch a GT500 drivers replay and vice versa. With no two people watching each others.

This would be idea after each race. I know it's a lot of work. But we don't have to wrench on cars all week to get car ready. So spending sone extra time on the race series is not unacceptable IMO.

Looking forward to Le Mans! ! ! The last one is a great time. The night cycle was just awesome. However hope the rain starts before my stop and not on my way out the pits. Hahahaha

i would like to add that for this weeks race there are sooo many places to cut corners etc so DONT DO IT! lol

also coming into the pits at full throttle will make you skip part of the pit lane and cut across the gravel trap, this is NOT allowed make sure you slow down when coming into the pits

think there should be a slow rolling lap to show wheres illegal etc on corners as on races with the penalty system, it allows you to cut alot of it without being punished

think there should be a slow rolling lap to show wheres illegal etc on corners as on races with the penalty system, it allows you to cut alot of it without being punished

The rule regarding track contact is what we use at la Sarthe as well. Just stay on/inside whit line/red/white (yellow/blue at La Sarthe) rumble strip and everything will be ok.

If you feel insecure of where the track limit is, just join a quali-session during mon-wednesday and ask a steward to do a slow lap with you. 👍

I will not hold a session to morrow, but I will host one on thuesday and wednesday at 20.00 PM (GMT), 15.00 PM (EST). I will keep the room open for at least 3 hours both days.

Quali will be from sector 2, to the finishline. In other words, the first 2 sectors will be your "warm up lap", and the timedifference between crossing the sector 2 line and the finishline will be your overall quali time. This is because it will take to much time to do the quali as we do on the shorter tracks. Nurburgring 24h will have the same kind of quali.

One thing I'm not sure of with La Sarthe: The Mulsanne straight, you have the red areas on the sides of the track, are we permitted to use those or not? Other than that I think everywhere else on the circuit is pretty clear.

Yes, you can use them as long as you keep 2 wheels on the white line. If you are outside with all 4 wheels I'd guess you're not that far from a "kiss" with the guard rails :)

There is no way you can gain any time by driving with all 4 wheels outside at those red areas... But then again, if it's concidered to be your normal racingline, it would be illegal.

It could serve as a "balls game" with someone behind you to keep him from your draft. In that case, you're using the red area to gain an advantage (not for your own, but to give the following car a disadvantage). That could end up in a penalty.

When you spend multiple hours checking peoples replays I think you seriously need to take a look at your priorities.
Perhaps. Or perhaps it's the driver who runs dirty 2 out of every 3 laps who needs to put more priority on keeping the car on track by braking sooner for the turns. I didn't want to accuse anyone wrongly so I had to look at everyone's laps. It's not my fault your car came out as the biggest offender (by far). The numbers do check out. I will not respond to any of the other attacks here, you're taking it too personally.

If a driver makes it priority they will keep it in track. The over runs that net being in the middle of an open parking lot or obvious over driving. Where a wall or gravel should be. Should be penalized. That run off area is to save lives. Not a parking ticket for racers to use when they feel the need to run to hard. Hahahaaha
👍
👍 Unless you cut and then call it a mistake, that makes it alright ;)

I personally will admit fear of reporting. I am not perfect and don't want to be nit picked after doing so.
I think this is a very unfortunate but understandable given all the rage venting that's going on in response to a very modest penalty which didn't even have any effect on the race result. Sadly by one of the stewards.

Last edited:
right the results/penalties have all been given out, so lets forget about Fuji (the bad stuff) and look forward to racing in the night at le sarthe :D

again i wont be on tonight (crappy late shift), i might be on late but i think i might give shift 2 a wirl lol

EDIT:
Shift 2 STILL hasnt come through my letterbox, i think the postman has nicked it LOL

Last edited:
Will be around tonight, want to get some practice in :)

And atlas... you "will not respond to any of the other attacks" and then deliver two of your own in the post. I give up with you, agreeing to completely disagree with your opinion. Let's focus on La Sarthe and leave Fuji alone now. 👍

Still more to come off, but I'm down to a 2'52.6xx. How is everyone else doing for gt300 times?

Problem:
With 479 BHP(597PP) the stock Xanavi GTR Runs 2:02.xxx at Suzuka and it's so much more insanely stable with the rear its almost impossible to slide exiting corners if you're used to the NSX. As of right now my NSX has 504BHP(600PP) and after setup of suspension I'm only able to run 2:02.xxx with it. With Race softs I run 1:57.xxx like the qualifying times on the race sheet but otherwise I can't for the life of me understand how people are 5 seconds faster than me with Race hards. Yes I realise we're racing Sarthe but I've been looking to see if i'm slightly more competitive now that my BHP is up. I know Suzuka like the back of my hand. What am I doing wrong?

Problem:
With 479 BHP(597PP) the stock Xanavi GTR Runs 2:02.xxx at Suzuka and it's so much more insanely stable with the rear its almost impossible to slide exiting corners if you're used to the NSX. As of right now my NSX has 504BHP(600PP) and after setup of suspension I'm only able to run 2:02.xxx with it. With Race softs I run 1:57.xxx like the qualifying times on the race sheet but otherwise I can't for the life of me understand how people are 5 seconds faster than me with Race hards. Yes I realise we're racing Sarthe but I've been looking to see if i'm slightly more competitive now that my BHP is up. I know Suzuka like the back of my hand. What am I doing wrong?

First question: are you using a wheel??
Second one: are you driving with confidence with the car, or are you fighting to keep it on the track?? I speak for my self here, but i loose many time practicing and tunning my car to be as fast as i can be, but i'm still a little behind the best guys.

All it takes is a lot of practice. And a little skill too. :sly:

This league will make a racer extract everything they can from the car and track to be competitive. I am not as fast as many here. However I have gotten lots faster and lots better.

The old saying you only as fast as your competition. Is biggest reason I stuck with this league. Indeed I have improved substantially since preseason.

Controller. I realise the wheel will make me a little faster but I've been playing with a controller for as long as i can remember. I'm driving with confidence 90% of the time except when she decides its time for the rear wheels to go to the beach. I agree Owens, perfect practice makes perfect

Controller. I realise the wheel will make me a little faster but I've been playing with a controller for as long as i can remember. I'm driving with confidence 90% of the time except when she decides its time for the rear wheels to go to the beach. I agree Owens, perfect practice makes perfect

Same here, using a Dual Shock 3 too. Though I'm thinking whether its worth investing in a decent wheel but they're very expensive here.

I'm nervous as this will be my first proper race, my goal for this race is to finish the race distance without incident. Judging the pace of some people here i'm pretty sure I be left for dust (confessed GTP Division 4 driver), but by how much though is the real question... :nervous:

Using a controller here too. Just did my first race in full wet conditions on GT5 (can't believe it took me so long), and wow it's difficult. Required full concentration for 100% of every single lap just to keep the car on the circuit. I think wheel+pedals users will have a big advantage if it rains at La Sarthe this weekend, I had basically zero control over the throttle in the wet just now (I use the old fashioned X and Square for Throttle/Brake, can't get on with the triggers and I can't afford a wheel, though I'm quicker with one!).

Using a controller here too. Just did my first race in full wet conditions on GT5 (can't believe it took me so long), and wow it's difficult. Required full concentration for 100% of every single lap just to keep the car on the circuit. I think wheel+pedals users will have a big advantage if it rains at La Sarthe this weekend, I had basically zero control over the throttle in the wet just now (I use the old fashioned X and Square for Throttle/Brake, can't get on with the triggers and I can't afford a wheel, though I'm quicker with one!).

probarbly good for all us other you dont have a wheel..........:sly:

In my opinion, there is a few sec to gain to switch from dual shock to a wheel. You wont see it right away since you have to get use to it.. but man is so much more precise !! and the force feedback help alot to understand where is the limits. I bougth a DFGT like 2 months ago and I dont regret it !

It won't do miracles too, you have to know how to hit an apex, have some notions of tuning, lots of pratice and some skills to be quick

Ok on the wheel debate.

Beings an avid GT player since GT1. U am now 36. I had always as many wanted a wheel and pedals. Said if they ever do a clutch and shifter with FFB Wheel. I will buy a wheel. Till then I am connected decently with the controller. Well GT5 comes and many good options are out for wheels. As well being an avid RC enthusiast I knew the e-motors have come a long way. So armed that technology and the wanted items were available I went with a wheel at Christmas time. Lucky me. I grew up in the old mans welding machine shop. We have a full sheet metal fab shop as well. So building a cockpit was no problem. As well I had moved this summer into a house with a family room and living room. The living room or whatever one calls it. I call my theatre/game room. So armed with a room at the back of the house where a cockpit can sit and now GT5 and wheel in hand I got started.

So fwd a week and now cockpit home, wheel mounted and we are racing.

I went in and tried license right away. Thought hahaha now I will get those golds I couldn't with the sticks. Yea right. I was way off. So time to relearn. Dang I though this would be instant fast. Nope.

So practicing and practicing I got better. I was worked on smooth controls and muscle memory. As well my two latest things was wheel input and throttle control. While I was not bad with either. I just really never how much wheel input was to much. So I added tape to the top of wheel and started paying attention. Well next thing you know I am not pitting so much and wow I am faster. Felt slower with smooth and less input wheel action.

Si with these things second nature. I am mow working on throttle control. JPzer enlightened me on his qualifying at GP/D. I seen he was picking up throttle mid turn and then squeezing down. I was like ah ha! I am coasting and picking it all up on exit. Less speed at exit means sloooow.

So set out to try this and well it worked ok. Not like he did. Now move forward to Indy. I luck into a tuning session with JPzer. He helps me out by throwing his set up my way. I instantly put it on the car and was eager to try it. Asked about one setting and he said that gives the car drive mid turn. Set out on the track. Second lap I feel so much more in tune with my car. Third lap I had dropped .7 off my Personal Best aka PB. Still learning the tuning side. I have slowed down and been making one adjustment at a time. This is key too.

Anyway it's a learning with the wheel. However you will be faster in the end.

Oh I golded the ones I couldn't after about week with the wheel.

As well. I am excited to try heel/toe in my real world Evo. Having gotten it down so well that I actually tend to heel/toe when stopping any car I shift with clutch. Pretty cool stuff none the less. the wheels are enhance the experience substantial as well.

I was sweating at the end of last weeks race. I am fairly active and skinny. Fwiw

Sorry bout grammar. Typing from cell phone. iPhone with autofail at that. Hahaha I am sure you can get the jest of what I am saying.

Yep. You are an exception. :dopey:
Really fast on a controller. :drool:
But you eat your tires to much. Probably not a setup issue. I can drive really smooth with my G25. In Fuji i was using so few wheel angle in order to save my tires. Hard to do that on a pad.

That being said i cant play a racing game with a pad now, unless its motorbikes or something like burnot or motorstorm.

ive only just got in from work and im gunna get some sleep :D

im also a pad user i keep wanting to get a wheel but its just the price of them that puts me off plus my miss will be pissed!!!!

Back