WSCC - Tuesday - VW GOLF RM "kit car"- European Cities Cup **Sign-up Now**

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 87 comments
I might be interested.

PSN: driftking18594
Car #: 94
Colour: green

Sign-up list edited.

New members will receive a club invitation. Welcome to WSCC.

We have now 16 members. Supplementary sign-ups will go to the reserve list.

put me on the reserve list please turbo

PSN: Scanny_Flick
Car #: 23
Colour: tba

I'll keep an eye on the room numbers tonight, at what point will the cut off be before allowing reserves into the room? 5 mins before qualifying?

put me on the reserve list please turbo

PSN: Scanny_Flick
Car #: 23
Colour: tba

I'll keep an eye on the room numbers tonight, at what point will the cut off be before allowing reserves into the room? 5 mins before qualifying?

Don't worry. Until now, it never happened that everybody was there. With 16 sign-ups, we never had more than 14 people in the lounge and often only 8 to 10.

Congrats teeds, quick as always. I had a great battle with s4marsh for 16 laps. I pitted 1 lap earlier and managed to get ahead just so he couldn't catch me in the draft. Thanks for keeping it clean s4marsh.👍

Results are in post #2, page #1.

Congrats Teeds. And great race guys.

Teeds took the pole, 1 second before I pushed on the start button.

I think I have to learn how you start. If I have a good place on the grid like today, I lose 5 or 6 places before the first corner.

For the rest: great race. In my first stint, I had some great fights with Sientex (as usual!), ID (who did a great braking passing on my at the hairpin!) and driftking.

There were some discussions after the race about some car touches. Here a little reminder:

1) car in front chooses corner line
2) when you are just behind a car, take care to brake in time; the car in front of you may brake early
3) a defensive corner line is allowed.

Remember that the side-view is not as good as in a real race car. A car that was there and that you can't see most of the time is at your left or right.

Last point: @Scanny_Flick: at the beginning of qualifying, your car was a ghost during about a lap. That's why I passed through you. Problem had disappeared during the race.

Does anyone have tuning tips? I was at least 1.5 seconds off the pace. The car feels horrible compared to what I drive in MrMulsanne's TOCA series.

Some general problems seen today:

- Lap 1 was problematic, with cars passing through each other, cars hitting everywhere.
- Penalty system creates big problems: cars ghost immediately when they go of the blue line or when they brake late; many "ghost passes through other car" incidents.

What we will do next week:

- Rolling start after 1 warming up lap to avoid lap 1 problems
- Penalties off in order to avoid car ghosting (especially on the Madrid track, where we had already problems with penalties and car ghosting, )

What an excellent race, A big thanks to cobrius that battle was great, excellent driving mate 👍

I should have followed you into the pits as i pushed wide in t1 on the next lap and gave you enough room to slip away from me :grumpy:

I cant wait for round 2

What an excellent race, A big thanks to cobrius that battle was great, excellent driving mate 👍

I should have followed you into the pits as i pushed wide in t1 on the next lap and gave you enough room to slip away from me :grumpy:

I cant wait for round 2

I got a question from S4marsh about lapped cars. Lapped car should not interfere into the battle of the cars that lap hem and not try to avoid lapping cars to lap them.

Looked again at the replay of my fight with Sientex: thanks mate! What a great battle. A school example of a clean fight. We were fighting during 15 laps without any real major incidents. We took our defensive (and counter-defensive) lines but left just enough space for a car to pass, and the car passed. The only time a car contact made me hit the inside barriers at the hairpin, Sientex accelerated deliberately slowly enough to permit me to take my place back.

same here with me and cobrius, 16 laps of text book racing with no contact and mutual respect.

If you watch my race replay from around lap 20-28 you will see why i asked the question. rather poor behavior really

Last edited:
same here with me and cobrius, 16 laps of text book racing with no contact and mutual respect.

That does not surprise me. With Cobrius, I often had epic battles, like in GT500 at Indy during 40 minutes.

Stewards decision

-30 seconds penalty + severe warning: Driftking18594 - Liber : reckless driving and involved in too much car contacts.
- warning: Craigieboy: lapped drivers should not block the cars which lap them and not interfere in the battle between them.

i want to apology what happen in the race, not my intention, its good that u have the time penalty. ill try be better next race, and ill see the replay one more time, more particulary my last overtake. I made many mistakes, i now if i dont go agaist the wall so many times i can run for th 4th place. hope u understand that i dont have to much practise but always try to be clean and fair, at the same time, i race in my limit, sometimes i pass it, sorry. hope not happen in the next race.

Edit: after see the replay, i see that i was involved in too much wall contacts, not cars. after get blooked in 1st lap and went to last position, i retrive my 6 th position easely even constact blocking from some players. ill be better next time...

Last edited:
I want to apologise too, in retrospect I think I was extremely reckless. I'm sorry if my driving has offended anyone.

@Liber, @driftking18594: the WSCC-stewards appreciate very much that you understand that what happened last race was problematic. In WSCC everybody gets a second chance.

I'm accustomed to the rules of the TOCA Series, which uses its own set of rules instead of the official GTP OLR guide. The Golf felt crap to drive compared to my TOCA car (an Atenza touring car) but I'm guessing that's because the roll bars were at 3/3. :ouch:

Might be worth everyone making sure their car is fully upgraded and then limited to meet the regulations on power, just in case.

Practicing Madrid in my lounge I'm turning mid to very low 1:30's up to 20 + laps.
I'm trying for a set up that retains good control through out the tire wear range.
Of course I mean under steer control. lol.

i m creating a room for who wants to join.... madrid pratice clean- for my case, need drivers!!

room : 1472-6118-4259-7709-7919

edit: 1.30.5..

Last edited:
No need to create a room: you better go to your own private lounge and ask people to send you a FR.

It has been reported several times that grip and tyrewear are not the same in private lounges and in public rooms.

Sorry guys won't make tonight. Have foolishly double booked myself, doubt I'll make next week so if you need my place feel to allocate. Apologies for my stupidity... After my abject performance last week, it now leaves last place wide open!

Back