WSCC - Tuesday - VW GOLF RM "kit car"- European Cities Cup **Sign-up Now**

• Thread starter turbogeit
  • 87 comments
Some general problems seen today:

- Lap 1 was problematic, with cars passing through each other, cars hitting everywhere.
- Penalty system creates big problems: cars ghost immediately when they go of the blue line or when they brake late; many "ghost passes through other car" incidents.

What we will do next week:

- Rolling start after 1 warming up lap to avoid lap 1 problems
- Penalties off in order to avoid car ghosting (especially on the Madrid track, where we had already problems with penalties and car ghosting, )

I remind here what I decided after the lap 1 problems of the previous race.

Rolling start procedure:

- order: qualifying order
- cars on 1 row
- pole position gives the pace: try to be at about 70 miles on the straights; no heavy brakings
- acceleration authorized when you are back on start/finish straight
- overtaking allowed: at the exit of the lefthand hairpin after start/finishline in lap 2, which leads to intermediate 1.
- you should try to leave a 1 sec. gap on the start/finish line at the end of lap 1.

- overtaking or hitting a car before the exit of the hairpin: 30 sec penalty.

Number of laps: 28, including warm-up lap
Please be there at least 15 minutes before race start (because of the qualifying procedure)

Special attention:

This is a difficult track on which it is not easy to overtake, except on the start/finish straight, where the draftin car has a big advantage. Please avoid dangerous moves which can cause accidents. Look out for the slight righthand turn in the middle of the backstraight: it is almost impossible to pass there side by side.

I know I´ll never attempt that again for sure..;)

It wasn't your fault! I tried to leave space for you and by doing that, I hit the wall at the right hand side, what projected me into your car, and you in the wall. And the odd penalty/damage system gave you the damage (my car was intact).

For the others: this happened three months ago in a group N full damage race.

Well, in retrospect, I was a bit optimistic trying to overtake at that spot..:) And its really impossible to get a decent sideview..Im sure none of us knew where the other was! But it was great races in group N.

It wasn't your fault! I tried to leave space for you and by doing that, I hit the wall at the right hand side, what projected me into your car, and you in the wall. And the odd penalty/damage system gave you the damage (my car was intact).

For the others: this happened three months ago in a group N full damage race.

I agree with you. It is a shame that, while all other WSCC-series are going very well, we could start up that one and the Porsche Cup.

Turbo can you remember in the Lupo cup when I passed you on the back straight. Was a tight but good move I thought considering we both made it through side by side unscathed. 👍
Unless you get a perfect line though accidents can happen.

Turbo can you remember in the Lupo cup when I passed you on the back straight. Was a tight but good move I thought considering we both made it through side by side unscathed. 👍
Unless you get a perfect line though accidents can happen.

Yes, but Lupos are very small cars. Ant that's the only successful passing I remember at that place. And it was a great passing.

HI I raced with you today (and finished third :D)

Would like to take par tin the rest of the series.

I've got a black gold with number 1 on it if thats ok!

HI I raced with you today (and finished third :D)

Would like to take par tin the rest of the series.

I've got a black gold with number 1 on it if thats ok!

Okay, I signed you up. You can take my place next week, because I will be on holiday until july 23d.

I'm accustomed to the rules of the TOCA Series, which uses its own set of rules instead of the official GTP OLR guide. The Golf felt crap to drive compared to my TOCA car (an Atenza touring car) but I'm guessing that's because the roll bars were at 3/3. :ouch:

Haha. Just to wade in and say dk's a tough racer, but also very fast. When he gets on the pace you are in trouble...

Results race 2 - Madrid

1. Teeds (15)
2. turbogeit (12) at 24.05 sec
3. djdaveyp85 (10) at 26.7 sec
4. S4marsh (8) at 36.8
5. driftking (7) at 55.7
6. Scanny_Flick (6) at 58.5
7. ID_racing (5) at 59.5
8. Cobrius (4) at 1:25
9. Sientex (3) at 1:26
10 Miata_1 (2) at 1:28

Congrats Teeds. Great race guys.

Some comments.

Teeds brought us a friend of him djdaveyp85. Very fast and clean driver. He is the 80th member who accepts a club invitation. Means we are now one of the biggest clubs on GTPlanet. Not bad for a club that before the PSN-outage had about 10-12 members left and ended championships with 3 or 4 cars in the last race. Thanks guys for being there.

About the race. The new starting procedure worked very well. Didn't hear no complaints and all comments in the lounge after the race were very positive. It looked like a very clean race. I had two great battles: first with Scanny_Flick, who did a great and clean passing move on me in the first corner where he had the right to do so. I got him back on lap 5. At that moment, I was about 8 seconds behind teeds and during first half of the race, I could more ore less keep it like that.

During the second half of the race, I had a great battle with djdaveyp85. Which ended I think at the beginning of lap 28 where djdaveyp85 hit the barrier when braking too late and I couldn't avoid him. But no problem: that are things that happen. By the way, that was the only car or wall contact I had in the race. Incredible on that tricky track.

A second place behind teeds, would have signed for that before the race.

Next week, I won't be there because of my holidays. So, I count on the three other WSCC-stewards (teeds, ID_racing, Cobrius) involved in the series, for the organisation of the race.

By the way, just like yesterday in the Corvette race, two drivers arrived after the start. Please try to arrive in time guys.

Sorry for not be on time today, i arrive home at 8.55. i really like to continues racing with all of u, so, if will be more series i will glad to join. even practice(very imortant for me).

hope see all next race.

I did some major tweaking to my setup, even added weight, and it helped my speed a lot in most parts of the track. I still have huge problems with one particular part of the track, the big sweeping lefthander before the sharp right that leeds into the back straight.
Comparing my speed yesterday to the other cars, I clearly lose a lot of speed there on each lap. Getting a good entryspeed to that straight really is important. I think Ill try to compare some sectortimes later today.

I did some major tweaking to my setup, even added weight, and it helped my speed a lot in most parts of the track. I still have huge problems with one particular part of the track, the big sweeping lefthander before the sharp right that leeds into the back straight.
Comparing my speed yesterday to the other cars, I clearly lose a lot of speed there on each lap. Getting a good entryspeed to that straight really is important. I think Ill try to compare some sectortimes later today.

Not 100% clear about which turn you speak, but if it is the left right combination just before intermediate 2, I must say that that is for me also the most difficult part of the track. Problem is to come out correctly out of the lefthander in order to be able to carry as much speed as possible to the straight.

Please help! I need a target time for Monaco. My best lap time was 1:41.513.
Most laps mid 1:42 1:43.
Please PM/PSN message me if you can practice with me.
Thanks.

Please help! I need a target time for Monaco. My best lap time was 1:41.513.
Most laps mid 1:42 1:43.
Please PM/PSN message me if you can practice with me.
Thanks.

i'll had u today, practice day for me at 21.00h

Remember everyone, this race will be run in Turbogeit´s lounge.

Rolling start procedure:

- order: qualifying order
- cars on 1 row
- pole position gives the pace: try to be at about 70 miles on the straights; no heavy brakings
- acceleration authorized when you are back on start/finish straight
- overtaking allowed: after the exit of first the righthand corner after start/finishline in lap 2.
- you should try to leave a 1 sec. gap on the start/finish line at the end of lap 1.

- overtaking or hitting a car before the exit of the hairpin: 30 sec penalty.

Number of laps: 24, including warm-up lap
Please be there at least 15 minutes before race start (because of the qualifying procedure)

Has the race started already?

Damn it guys we start race at 9pm !

Got disconnected, maybe it was best so. Couldn't concentrate after beeing overtaken on the warm-up lap.:grumpy:

You guys could have at least alerted us on PSN that the lobby was open. :grumpy:

You guys could have at least alerted us on PSN that the lobby was open. :grumpy:

You guys could at least have bothered to read the information in this thread about tonights race. It can´t come as a big surprise, that: Race start: 9pm UK/10pm CET / 4pm EST, means Race start: 9pm UK/10pm CET / 4pm EST.

Guys, you know what time it starts, you gotta get in the lobby on time- simples.

You got overtaken on the warmup lap cobrius, they gave the place back though right?

IMG_20110712_215543.jpg

Last edited:
U right about time, its my fault. Its been very difficult for me be at time for race. i m out from work very late, because everybody is in vacation now, normaly doesnt happen. i ''race'' for home to play, but not enough.

Sorry everyone

Last edited:
After reviewing the race, the final result of the last race at Monaco is:

1. teeds - 15 pts.
2. djdaveyp85 - 12 pts
3. Scanny_Flick - 10 pts
4. s4-marsh - 8 pts
5. ID_racing - 7 pts
6. Sientex - 6 pts
7. miata_1 - 5pts

which leads us to:

The final result for the Season

1. - teeds - 45 pts
2. - s4-marsh - 26 pts
3. - djdaveyp85 - 22 pts
4. - Scanny_Flick - 21 pts
5. - turbogeit - 20 pts
6. - cobrius - 16 pts
6. - ID_racing - 16 pts
6. - Sientex - 16 pts
9. - miata_1 - 13 pts
10.-driftking - 9 pts
11.-LiberCrav - 3 pts
12.-Craigieboy - 1 pts
13.-jackargent - 1 pts

Season winner receives the title of WSCC Golf RM Kit Car European Cities Champion, and a 900.000 Cr. Premium car of his choice
2nd place will receive a 500.00 Cr. Premium car of his choice
3rd place will receive a 250.000 Cr. Premium car of his choice

Last edited:
Congratulations to Teeds for taking the title 👍 It was a good race series so i hope to see it on the calender for next season :)

Back