GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello, I was wondering if there is any slots available? I am looking to run as a part time driver and eventually run full time when my schedule permits. I am very experienced in the nascar field, I am good at set-ups as well and i also drive with a Logitech G27 ( if that's of any importance ).

Thanks, Left.

I'm pretty sure the only open slot is with my team, which just so happens to be a part-time slot. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want.

Major Changes

Major Changes. PM your vote decision. Team owners count for two votes. Voting ends Friday. My inbox is fully empty :)

1. In light of recent lag and recent interest, should we remove Sprint Cup drivers and only allow Nationwide Drivers and Sprint Cup Owners to race (Owners only acting as reserves)?

2. In light of recent lag and recent interest, should we re-run last Saturday's Indy 100 after the Monza race this Saturday?

3. In light of recent lag, should we turn off mics for Monza completely and carry on running 15 cars?

4. In light of recent interest, should we extend this season to twelve races and give the oppurtunity to drop two races / one race if we re-run the Indy 100? I currently am looking to add Furinkazen's Pocono and a Daytona race.

5. Proposed Calendar:

**: 10-03-12 - Daytona Winter Testing @ Daytona Superspeedway (50 laps)
01: 17-03-12 - DRIVE4COPD 300 @ Daytona Superspeedway (120 laps)
02: 24-03-12 - Indy 100 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (40 laps)
03: 31-03-12 - NASCAR Italia @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza / No Chicane (20 laps)
04: 07-04-12 - Subway Jalapeno 250 @ SSRX (14 laps)
05: 14-04-12 - NASCAR España @ Madrid Mini (50 laps)
06: 21-04-12 - Daytona 100 @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps)
07: 28-04-12 - Southern 200 @ Created Darlington (120 laps)
**: 05-05-12 - Sprint Cup All-Star Race @ Daytona Superspeedway (30 + 10 laps)
08: 12-05-12 - NASCAR Japan @ Suzuka East (50 laps)
09: 19-05-12 - 40 at the Valley @ Grand Valley East / Reverse (40 laps)
10: 26-05-12 - HSR @ High Speed Ring (** laps)
11: 02-06-12 - Daytona 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps)
12: 09-06-12 - Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 laps)

(Drop 2 of 12 results, but NOT the last race)

---------

Reply in your message. 1,2,3,4,5 and Yes, No or amendments.

Chqr

1. No.

2. Large no. Everyone finished the race without major incidents, so why do something like that? Plus it doesn't look too fun if 2 races have to be run consecutively.

3. If it helps, but I prefer mics on, makes races more interesting when I have something else than the car engine to listen to.

4. The season has started already, I don't support anything like this.

About to post 'normal times,' but then realised haha.

Thank for your current feedback. I hope we can have a few more votes in. I count 10 votes casted so far and three team owners.

Waiting to speak to Niop to see who will post, but only glanced over it once so far.

2 quick laps the other day with a generic base tune and I got 1:43.2. Tons of time left on the table, though.

I think I made a 1'41 someday, but need to do more laps tomorrow to see what the truth is.

Ran a test this morning in my lounge. In Free run I was able to consistently click of 1:42.2xx for about 10 laps before tries started falling off.

I tested a while ago (a couple of weeks ago) and can't remember my times, so I'll do some more soon.

Since I'm now just a reserve for my Nationwide team, this will probably be one of my last Nationwide races.

Well I'm not all that fast as I remembered, but still I seem to be in a pretty good position, getting a 1'42.0 immediately after a tire test.

Details have been finalized, and I'd like to welcome Left Turn as the newest member of Team Red Bull. He will be driving a limited schedule this season, hoping to build experience. Assuming the revised schedule is made official, this will be red Bulls driver lineup for each race:

Jazza: All races
RedPartyHat: Reserve

03: 31-03-12 - NASCAR Italia @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza / No Chicane (20 laps) -Jakob, Mule
04: 07-04-12 - Subway Jalapeno 250 @ SSRX (14 laps) - Mule, [OPEN]
05: 14-04-12 - NASCAR España @ Madrid Mini (50 laps) - Jakob, Left Turn
06: 21-04-12 - Daytona 100 @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps) - Mule, Left Turn
07: 28-04-12 - Southern 200 @ Created Darlington (120 laps) - Jakob, Left Turn
08: 12-05-12 - NASCAR Japan @ Suzuka East (50 laps) - Jakob, Mule
09: 19-05-12 - 40 at the Valley @ Grand Valley East / Reverse (40 laps) Jakob, Mule
10: 26-05-12 - HSR @ High Speed Ring (** laps) - Jakob, Left Turn
11: 02-06-12 - Daytona 200 @ Daytona Superspeedway (80 laps) - Mule, [OPEN]
12: 09-06-12 - Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway (80 laps) - Jakob, Mule

Of course, if I manage to find another driver, he can replace me at any of the races, especially towards the end of the season

Excellent, thanks for the heads up on that Mule. I know Harry is looking for a slot but isn't the most active person on GTP.

It looks like we have a full 15 driver Nationwide field.

Posting changes for the rest of the season in thirty minutes or so. Any last minute votes must come in now.

A lot of clarifying will come in that post too :)

Chqr
Excellent, thanks for the heads up on that Mule. I know Harry is looking for a slot but isn't the most active person on GTP.

It looks like we have a full 15 driver Nationwide field.

Posting changes for the rest of the season in thirty minutes or so. Any last minute votes must come in now.

A lot of clarifying will come in that post too :)

Has Niop answered?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

I'll post results a tad later actually as americans have just woken up.

Chqr
Major Changes

Major Changes. PM your vote decision. Team owners count for two votes. Voting ends Friday. My inbox is fully empty :)

1. In light of recent lag and recent interest, should we remove Sprint Cup drivers and only allow Nationwide Drivers and Sprint Cup Owners to race (Owners only acting as reserves)? YES

2. In light of recent lag and recent interest, should we re-run last Saturday's Indy 100 after the Monza race this Saturday? NO

3. In light of recent lag, should we turn off mics for Monza completely and carry on running 15 cars? MICS OFF ON ROAD COURSES BUT ON FOR OVALS. BUT PREFERABLY MICS ON ALL ROUND

4. In light of recent interest, should we extend this season to twelve races and give the oppurtunity to drop two races / one race if we re-run the Indy 100? I currently am looking to add Furinkazen's Pocono and a Daytona race. YES

5. Proposed Calendar:

10: 26-05-12 - HSR @ High Speed Ring (** laps)

(Drop 2 of 12 results, but NOT the last race) YES

---------

Reply in your message. 1,2,3,4,5 and Yes, No or amendments.

Chqr

Answered on behalf of Niop and myself, in Caps.

Season Update

Ladies and gentlemen. After recent lag, interest and Sprint Cup issues, this article is being posted.

Changes for tomorrow's race and the rest of the season.

After a close vote, Sprint Cup guys will be able to run in the Nationwide only as RESERVES. As we have filled up all full-time slots, I expect those drivers to race unless previously stated. Teams will be restricted to 3 cars maximum.

Mics will be turned off tomorrow with an overriding majority in the vote. Although there is speculation that mics have no bearing on whether or not there is lag, team owners feel that for road courses it isn't needed anyway.

After tomorrow's race which is expected to be fairly short 32-35 minutes in length. We will be running 10 lap events at 4 prospective calendar tracks. It is totally optional to turn up but it will be your decision into what track we should race at in Race 11 so highly worth turning up. The tracks are the fictional London Auto Club Speedway by Sir_T_Fyable, Pocono by Joe, Darlington and High Speed Ring. After the conclusion of Monza's race, any Sprint Cup guys are welcome to join the mini test session.

You are allowed to drop 2 races from your overall points finish towards the Drivers' Championship. After an influx of new drivers, the calendar and rule is extended. However, you cannot drop the Season Finale race.

Here is the new calendar:

10: 26-05-12 - DECISION BASED ON 31/03/12 VOTE

About trying my Pocono track- I have 2 of them. Will we try both or do you want to try them both yourself beforehand and then decide which we try in the room after the race?

About trying my Pocono track- I have 2 of them. Will we try both or do you want to try them both yourself beforehand and then decide which we try in the room after the race?

I do like Pocono 2. We shall see, what everyone else thinks though.

These changes should be excellent for the Nationwide Series. 👍 👍

Adding races and providing one extra race to drop gives every single Nationwide driver a fair chance at winning the title going forward, now that the entire field is full.

What about team points? Are the two worst weeks dropped as well or are they all counted?

Team points should count every week, as teams should have at least two drivers present every week. Teams don't get to take races off. ;)

Race Preview @ NASCAR Italia

Droptop2001gt, host of the Sprint Cup Series, piloted his Joe Gibbs Racing Home Depot Toyota to victory lane at the hallowed grounds of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, scoring a big win for JGR team owner M-Stall41 last Saturday.

For Droptop2001gt, last week's win was a special achievement on his favorite track. In his post-race interview, Drop said that he always loves racing at Indy, despite the fact that a coveted race victory has still eluded him here in the Sprint Cup. He says that he looks forward to trying to complete his collection of Indy trophies this season, having now won at Indy in the Truck Series and the Nationwide Series.

This weekend we head to Monza, a track firmly recognised as one of the greatest tracks in the world. From its banking heyday, Monza has evolved into a Europe's version of a Superspeedway. Its about time the Nascar circus came to town and the Nationwide Series will take to the track tomorrow night. With an influx of new drivers, team transfers and major changes, what more could you expect?

Remember to tune into the race, live and uninterrupted on Reflex TV. The channel will be on air shortly before the green flag at 19:00BST (14:00 EDT).

Chqr

Just to clarify. You can drop two of your worst points finishes towards the Drivers' Championship excluding the Season Finale.

Owners' Championship is unaffected.

Back