GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Race Results @ NASCAR Italia

*denotes driver's points are illegible towards the Drivers' Championship due to driving in the GTP Nascar Sprint Cup Championship.
DNS = Did not start
DSQ = Disqualified

2hycfwj.png

15 second penalty for D4LVY_
30 second penalty for Chqr
60 second penalty for DamageNano

Drivers' Championship

73du9u.png

Owners' Championship

2q8vmt0.png

Last edited:
I would like to know the reasons for the penalties as well. :sly:

Oh and one more thing... Mule got 18 points for second place, not 9 as shown in the table. ^^

Race Report @ NASCAR Italia

JoeOftheFire, team owner of Rick Ware Racing, led from start to finish in emphatic style. In taking maximum points, Rick Ware Racing closed the gap on fellow rivals, Red Bull and Joe Gibbs. MULE, team owner of Red Bull Racing took second in a relatively quiet race for him. Unforunately, fastest in practice, Carbonox suffered a setback on lap 1 after suffering a chain reaction accident and ending up in the gravel. Testament to his good race etiquette, he managed to claw back a last place start to finish fourth with the newly transferred driver, Chqr taking fifth. D4LVY_ recorded his best finish yet in the Nationwide in third despite suffering a penalty along with Chqr.

In the Owners' Championship, Richard Childress Racing took 4th and 5th to help conserve their top spot. A resurgent JR Motorsports clawed back some of the deficit with a strong 3rd and 6th place. Rick Ware Racing led from the front and the back with Joe taking the win and Filipe taking to the gravel. racefan78 was very unlucky to not finish as high as his qualifying position may have allowed as a lap 4 incident with Chqr ruined his chances. Red Bull Racing similarly had a solid evening with Mule finishing second and Jakob running cleanly and strongly. Joe Gibbs Racing took a little bit of a hit on their points but without Cowboys and fastfox, it was a credible effort.

Stewards Office @ NASCAR Italia

In our investigations, we have been quite tolerable and we have forgiven drivers for corner cutting when:

a) they are on low tyres and had four tires on the rumble strip
b) have been pushed
c) did corner cut but yielded the position
d) did not infract the two wheels on asphalt rule more than two times on good tyres
e) used the run off no more than two times

DamageNano has a 60-second penalty for putting four tyres off the track and putting all four tyres on the green turf on four noticeable occasions when he chasing Carbonox and on his outlap chasing D4LVY_when he had good tyres.

15ry641.png

Chqr has a 30-second penalty for causing an avoidable accident with racefan78 on lap 4.

D4LVY_ has a 15-second penalty for cutting the chicane very noticeably on lap 4 and showed no sign of reducing the increased gap interval.

An incident between Carbonox, DamageNano and Jakob is deemed a racing incident.

An incident between MULE_9242, racefan78 and Carbonox is deemed a racing incident.

It simply is a matter of courtesy if drivers wish to yield their position as a result of causing an accident. Drivers should also yield their position if they cut any corner. Appreciation goes to Carbonox for doing so.

Last edited:
D4LVY_ has a 30-second penalty for cutting the chicane very noticeably on lap 4 and showed no sign of reducing the increased gap interval.

30 seconds, really?

b) While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 30-second penalty, per occurrance, at the discretion of the league host.

It was a pretty blatant incident and it was argued that a strong mark had to be made on 'accidental' corner cuts. I cut that corner whilst ahead of Carbonox but yielded the position immediately and it was argued he should've done the same. In effect, it allowed Dave to escape racefan78's draft and many other cars behind him so it had a possibly large bearing on where he finished. For sure, it may be a strong penalty but it is in the rules and a marker had to be made.

EDIT: Penalty after further evaluation has been decreased to 15-seconds.

Last edited:
For this Saturday's race at SSRX, qualifying will take place from the lobby opening through to the race start due to the length of each lap.

To back up Chqr and his penalties, I 100% agree with him. Do some non-standard runs with cutting chicanes and you will see the huge advantage it has at catching the draft of the car ahead. There's no doubt that this is cheating. Whether or not intentional. Chqr also lists a handful of exceptions to the rule in which he overlooked it. He also put a hefty penalty on himself. I think he sets a very good example of how cheating should be handled. In all, the more you practice running hot into that chicane, in return you will learn to set your brake balance and lsd settings appropriately. Or modify your own braking points. The best way to take the chicane is lighting fast, very on edge and with two wheels on the tarmac.

Crazy, please do not question the amount of practice my team put into Monza and probably question more why another one of your team blatantly cut three times on fresh tyres and yet was not even considered for a penalty.

All I can say is than god we didn't have the likes of Niop, M-Stall, Crazy and Knelly race last night. Its fair to say that it would've been a more exciting race up at the front.

Thinking ahead to S2, I'm hoping some folks in the Nationwide can stay with us as we do have some very exciting talented drivers that I'd hate to lose to the Sprint Cup. Likes of Carbonox, Dave, TRYNOR, Cowboys, smuffy and fastfox have all proved themselves so far as very credible and plausible talents for the future. It will be an exciting All-Star Preliminary race.

Remember, you get to drop two of your worst points finishes so standings aren't that conclusive as they might show now.

On the whole, I'm very proud of the drivers last night. I was predicting many more wrecks and incidents that everyone gave each other room in turn 1. I hope that these penalties will help set the tone for the rest of the season.

It's possible that if NW drivers are promoted to the Sprint Cup, some SC drivers might in turn enter Nationwide if there is a lack of SC seats. It's definitely going to be interesting when the draft starts again.

i want to know why i am not in the championship i want to win the championship

Last edited:
Chqr, thanks for reconsidering the size of my penalty. Locked up on corner entry, and trying my best not to tag MULE who had taken the normal racing line in front of me. I did hold 1st on the limiter after the chicane and you will see that I did lose ground on MULE and racefan closed in on me, before losing it at Lesmo 1 immediately afterwards when you took his inside line. Racefan would have had my draft all the way up Curva del Serraglio but for that. In the future I will try to show a clearer lift if I am in a similar position. To me a 15sec penalty is more appropriate so thanks for seeing reason. To back my statement you will see that I was a full second faster through sector 2 for the following 6 laps on worn tyres so absolutely no speed advantage was gained on the lap in question.

Crazy - If your barbed comment is aimed at my penalty, I did 250+ laps in testing during the week, my consistency in the race would indicate that. Adrenalin during the race was the factor in my incident. To label anyone a cheat when they have only made a mistake is entirely inappropriate. Cheating by definition must be deemed to be a deliberate act of deception so it is an oxymoron to state that it can be unintentional. Either you have cheated or you have made a mistake - it is as night and day as that.

I was under the impression that this series was a platform for development drivers, me being one of them. If you watch my full replay you will note that I raced within the spirit of the event rules. If accusations fly from the very start of the NNS series then people like me who are trying in earnest to race cleanly will be put off. End of rant.

On a lighter note I really enjoyed the race and am looking forward to the next round.

How about that for a first post!

Wow, I was just saying chqr is race steward, he clearly explains his rules n penalties. If something was unintentional n penalized, take it up with him. I know in the moment **** happens. I don't have a replay to watch so I can't make any further judgements. I was just backing up the rules. I don't believe anyone would cheat either but if you blow the chicane and don't let off to give back the gain then its cheating. Quite simple as that, take it for what its worth. At the end of the day, there's no prizes or glory. So I'm sorry if I came off negative. And if I make a statement that doesn't exclude a particular driver, then don't have a guilty conscience and think I'm specifically refering to you. I was talking as a whole, my team too. And if you have any race claims to make. Direct it to chqr in a pm, not here in the thread. Its a violation of the AUP. Thank you, good day. Last time I talk here

Crazy, he put all his complaints via myself and was dealt with by PM. Personally I don't believe all had been penalised who should have been but I will let it lie there.

*facepalm*

Sorry Jakob, I totally forgot buddy.

So desperate to get these standings posted so quickly, I made quite a few errors.

Updated standings once again.

Last edited:
Crazy, I did let off but not enough as I have admitted. Got a penalty that I thought was harsh and raised it through the appropriate channels which Chqr kindly changed. No breach of AUP there. Chqr has the replay and clearly thought there was credence to the appeal.
Myself and my team mate were the only two cars penalised for that offence so no paranoia; you was referring specifically to Damage and I. You used the 'c' word in this forum so I am using the same platform to defend myself.

Right, lets move on.

*facepalm*

Sorry Jakob, I totally forgot buddy.

So desperate to get these standings posted so quickly, I made quite a few errors.

Updated standings once again.

no problem it happens

Chqr
For this Saturday's race at SSRX, qualifying will take place from the lobby opening through to the race start due to the length of each lap.

Should we run sprint races for qualifying? Because I don't think hot laps are that great for an oval that takes 4 minutes to lap.

The Sprint Cup is doing a 1-lap heat race in place of qualifying. Giving everyone 12+ minutes to make 1 out-lap and 1 qualifying lap just seemed a bit ridiculous. The heat race winner gets the bonus point for pole, and the race starts immediately afterwards.

Matty
My holiday was longer :D

To be honest although it was interesting and fun, after 5 days of riding a busy metro and dodging riots/protests, I was reasonably happy to get home.

Highlight was getting the Bernabeu tour :sly:

EDIT: By the way, i'll be reducing my involvement in the series since i'm not going to be driving anymore by the looks of it.

Last edited:
TomMcD
To be honest although it was interesting and fun, after 5 days of riding a busy metro and dodging riots/protests, I was reasonably happy to get home.

Highlight was getting the Bernabeu tour :sly:

5 days? I thought you left on Saturday? :dopey:

I went to a Barcelona game, and recorded a very special goal for a certain Lionel Messi.. ;)

5 days? I thought you left on Saturday? :dopey:

I went to a Barcelona game, and recorded a very special goal for a certain Lionel Messi.. ;)

Which you turned away from when the ball was crossing the line.:ouch:

Youtube it anyway I guess.

Latest Posts

Back