E3 2009 Videos and News

GRAN TURISMO FIVE!!!!!!!!!! Nascar, WRC, damage! YES!

I'm guessing that's why the forums just went down for a minute there? I missed it, my connection went all funky :(

My connection was nuked too... Couldn't imagine why!

Anyway...

RE: GT5

Licensed WRC and NASCAR goodness is enough for me to want to buy (I've been wanting NASCAR since GT2). Still, no date mentioned. Which means it could be forever, and ever, and ever away.

The God of War stuff was wonderful as well. I've never been a fan of the franchise, but I'll be damned if it wasn't pretty (and deliciously violent!).

In all, I have a few more reasons to consider buying a PS3. But, it looks like its being pushed back to 2010.

For those paying attention to Jordan's live blog of the event, the traffic crashed the server.

Anyway, I am now very, very happy.

Wow, just wow. And who was it that said NASCAR in GT was never gonna happen?:sly:

Anyhow, I've been truly blown away.

Yeah I agree, we get 3 games in one and are assured the high GT standard...

...forget about Dirt 2 for your sim rally fix (thats gone all underground),

...forget EA's attempts at Nascar...

ITS ALL HERE FOR ONE PRICE PEOPLE! :scared:

All PD need now is the F1 licence! :sly:

Robin

I just wonder how it's going to be implemented. Different modes perhaps? Do we create our own Nascar? I'm sure there's no way the license lets anyone but Jr. drive the #88 and etc. Hopefully we get some classic Nascar too. #3, OVAL GOD. :lol:

We didnt see any weather, night racing or custom vinyls so thats slightly dissapointing. I guess they will save those for TGS.

Oh and I still can't get over how stupid that motion controller looked. :lol: Please get that 'engineering prototype' better packaged otherwise men will be embarassed to buy them in shops :sly:

Robin.

Internet, GTPlanet all blowd up!

Sony wins, period.

nuclear-explosion.jpg

Whoever complains about the PS motion control really must not ave been paying attention. My first thought was dual mini magic wands(google it). Then by the last tech demo i was blown away by the possibilities. The design is brilliant and most gamers already have 33% of the hardware with the PS eye.

360's system was impressive, Sony's was another world not necessarily better. just different. We did not really see the possibilities with M$'s. Most of it is software and can can be done with the PS Eye's built in mic.

Oh yeah my jaw dropped when I saw the price of the PSP go. but then i remembered it has a 16gb Storage. Still its $50 too much but it will push out more psp 3000's, I know that's Sony's plan. When PSP 3000's are dried up Sony will hit us with PSP 4000. UMD. M2, MSPDuo. 32GB and $300 lol.

GT Mobile, amazing........... GT5 2010 no dout.

I agree that the PSP Go was priced way too high, you could hear the silence in the auditorium when they annouced how much it would be.

Everyone was thinking it would be a budget cut down PSP but it turns out to be the premium version! I guess its so PSP3000 sales dont get canibalised.

Im still thinking something like the PSP2 with UMD (hopefully Blu Ray UMD) will come maybe at TGS or next year.

Robin.

What was with Uncharted 2 and the apache chopper with Stormtrooper aim? Was he in France or something?

OK, there is a lot of the Sony vids up on the PlayStation Store, but not GT stuff or the full presentation yet.

One thing I think everyone should look at: I just finished watching the EyePet ad. It shows the PlayStation Eye is already capable of doing a lot of what Microsoft's Project Natal was shown doing. They have nothing in their hand and interact with the monkey thing, including moving virtual objects around. Then they draw three individual parts of an airplane and it scans it in and then puts the pieces together so that you fly the monkey around on it.

Here it is:

Now that I think about it, does anyone remember the tech demo they showed a year or two back where they scanned in every day objects and even drew tanks to make their own tank game?

All Sony needs to do is create facial recognition and they have matched it.

In retrospect, Natal is not so impressive. It is just a more advanced version of what the PS3 has had for a while now, and the difference could just be in software.

I think the big draw with Natal is that its going to control everything that the console does, and will ultimately expand what you can do overall with the system. The voice control, in addition to the hand movement control is a neat trick for using the system in a basic way. As I've said in other places, its very Minority Report-ish, which is pretty awesome, making you feel cool waving your hands around, barking orders, and accomplishing things. Still, a lot of it was "what if" tech demo junk, and of course, there is no telling what will eventually come out of it as developers (attempt to?) integrate it into their new games. Really, we could say the same for the double-wand deal over at Sony as well.

Between Sony and Microsoft, it was pretty much a tit-for-tat deal if you look at the AAA title lineups. I really can't complain about that.

I think the big draw with Natal is that its going to control everything that the console does, and will ultimately expand what you can do overall with the system. The voice control, in addition to the hand movement control is a neat trick for using the system in a basic way. As I've said in other places, its very Minority Report-ish, which is pretty awesome, making you feel cool waving your hands around, barking orders, and accomplishing things.
The PS3 Eye already does that in the Eye-based game menus. Sony could do it with just a firmware upgrade. They already show they can do voice control in SingStar and the PS3 Eye already has a four mic array. I saw nothing that the PS3 hasn't done in other separate areas. Microsoft just brought it all together in one thing.

Now, the question will be how Natal works in poor lighting, as that is where the PS3 Eye suffers.

Still, a lot of it was "what if" tech demo junk, and of course, there is no telling what will eventually come out of it as developers (attempt to?) integrate it into their new games. Really, we could say the same for the double-wand deal over at Sony as well.
Yeah, I was trying to decide if I wanted to get Tiger Woods w/ Motion Plus on the Wii or if I would get it with the, then, rumored Sony controls. When Sony said Spring 2010 I priced the TW10 and Motion Plus bundle ($60).

Between Sony and Microsoft, it was pretty much a tit-for-tat deal if you look at the AAA title lineups. I really can't complain about that.
Too many sequels on both ends. But I prefer more of the Sony lineup personally, but that is just personal taste.

Too many sequels on both ends. But I prefer more of the Sony lineup personally, but that is just personal taste.

I think Sony Edged out Microsoft only because Sony has two major platforms and they both delivered. Games, Sony got the slight edge Because Left for Dead 2 , Crack down 2and Halo are going to be like expansions. What Did MS have to match God Of War III, The Last Gaurdian(OMG how gorgeous) and ModNations? None of these will be out this year so that where MS gets a plus.

Microsoft put everything on the table at E3. Sony gave us new game info over the last few months and way more than time would allow. MS over did it with sequels and spin offs. Sony got the edge on exclusives again IMO, already with games revealed before E3, Heavy Rain/Uncharted 2/.

Games, Sony got the slight edge Because Left for Dead 2 , Crack down 2and Halo are going to be like expansions. What Did MS have to match God Of War III, The Last Gaurdian(OMG how gorgeous) and ModNations? None of these will be out this year so that where MS gets a plus.

Wait, why are highly-anticipated sequels a bad thing? GoWIII and The Last Guardian are sequels, as was Uncharted, the new Ratchet & Clank, and of course Gran Turismo. I'd call that a case of pot called the kettle black.

Now, I'd say that Left 4 Dead 2 is a pretty big deal for Microsoft on both the 360 and the PC. Both have very dedicated fan bases, and will be gobbling up the games as quickly as possible. Same with Halo, which while it may not be as huge as it used to be... Its still a very important game for Microsoft in general. I think we could say the same thing with God of War, can we not? I find the new way of playing Halo: ODST to be interesting, where you will be looking for clues to solve a mystery - one that expands upon the Halo universe in H2 and H3. Halo: Reach has been in development for some time, and again, I think it will be interesting to see what comes of it... Where you and your team of Master Chiefs will be fighting a war that (we know) cannot be won.

I'm very, very excited about Crackdown 2. I'm sad that the teaser showed so little. I'm also very excited about playing through ODST.

Microsoft put everything on the table at E3. Sony gave us new game info over the last few months and way more than time would allow. MS over did it with sequels and spin offs. Sony got the edge on exclusives again IMO, already with games revealed before E3, Heavy Rain/Uncharted 2/.

I think it depends on what kinds of games you're interested in. FoolKiller pointed out that he was more interested in Sony's titles, and I know for sure that I'm more interested in Microsoft's titles in general. Both Microsoft and Sony know what their core base of players want, and I believe both played to those very well.

Wait, why are highly-anticipated sequels a bad thing? GoWIII and The Last Guardian are sequels, as was Uncharted, the new Ratchet & Clank, and of course Gran Turismo. I'd call that a case of pot called the kettle black.

Two games that have never been on PS3. Xbox has those on 360 already thats what I'm saying.

So... For every new iteration of a franchise, there needs to be a new console?

...This isn't Gran Turismo, you know...

Badum-tish!

I find the new way of playing Halo: ODST to be interesting, where you will be looking for clues to solve a mystery - one that expands upon the Halo universe in H2 and H3. Halo: Reach has been in development for some time, and again, I think it will be interesting to see what comes of it... Where you and your team of Master Chiefs will be fighting a war that (we know) cannot be won.
I bet I know, but I read the (original) book.

n2565.jpg

:sly:

Back