GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've tested it quite a bit in the Sprint Cup. Our results proved that it is how it works about 75% of the time. The other 25% the starting grid is completely random, regardless of the settings.

Can confirm all Mudd says.

If you post a quali time and back out to lounge to change setup, then back into race, you will start at the back. GT5 wil place you there.

Every time I leave the track to kick someone during qualifying, I start on the back row. It's infuriating.

Weird. I've left the track to watch the race or kick a random before, and it would still start me where I was supposed to be. It only resets me when I change settings.

I am ready to race this weekend I'm hopeing to get my first win this weekend at darlington

Well even with practicing extremely hard I still can't muster anything better than a 45.219.

If my drivers can make my setup work as well as I can (laptimes), we could be on for a 1-2-3, or at least have all 3 cars in the top five or six. I've not exactly done much testing for it- I just applied my base road course setup and shortened the transmission. I might look into adding more oversteer, but I want to see how it'll perform on worn tyres first and how far it can go before needing to pit (more oversteer would probably make you need to pit more often due to tyre wear).

So can anyone say anything about Round 10, which seems to be extremely unclear even now, and not even discussed much?

I look at it as just another weekend. No big deal. Tire life is gonna be the winner the weekend.

I helped organize this series and I can't even remember what the candidate tracks for Round 10 were :lol:

EDIT: I remember High Speed Ring being mentioned, I actually thought that was already on the schedule.

So can anyone say anything about Round 10, which seems to be extremely unclear even now, and not even discussed much?

This is the best I can find:

We will be running 10 lap events at 4 prospective calendar tracks. It is totally optional to turn up but it will be your decision into what track we should race at in Race 11 so highly worth turning up. The tracks are the fictional London Auto Club Speedway by Sir_T_Fyable, Pocono by Joe, Darlington and High Speed Ring.

Link

I'm not sure if the testing was done that day or not, as I was not present after the NW race in Monza (or the second half of that race, for that matter). Since Darlington is already in, it would appear to be down to HSR, Pocono, and London. I would really like to see any one of the Pocono tracks get a chance, to see if we might want to add it to the Sprint Cup schedule next season.

My Pocono track wasn't liked due to the bump/hill on the straight before the final turn, and we didn't try London Auto Club speedway. We did try HSR and I think that's what we settled on.

My Pocono track wasn't liked due to the bump/hill on the straight before the final turn, and we didn't try London Auto Club speedway. We did try HSR and I think that's what we settled on.

HSR is what we settled on indeed. London Auto Club may come for S2. Its a really good racetrack with almost no braking required.

I plan on trying to make a fast paced road course similar to infineon or watkins glenn. Ive always liked watkins glenn.

I had a pretty damn awesome Toscana oval albeit with a bugged pit lane. It had a massively banked first corner and I used it for Vintage NASCAR. With the shorter NW races I think a Toscana oval would be a possible option for S2 maybe.

Just not mine :lol:

Back