GTP's Worst 10 Movies... Ever!

• Thread starter Famine
  • 338 comments
1: Avatar. Not.

Serious list.
1: 2012: Doomsday. This isn't the one you are probaly thinking of, but a low budget film with bad acting, bad actors, dodgy script and camera work that would make you think it was filmed during an earthquake on doomsday... Plus the intro was 5 minutes of the Amazon from a helicopter.

2: Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Watches it, half an hour in got bored and turned it off.

3: Blues Brothers 2000. The first was epic, but this was pure rubbish.

4: Italian Job: LA Heist. Same as above.

5: Disaster movie. Need I explain?

6: Transporter 3. Cheesy, unrealistic rubbish.

7: A disney film I forgot the name of. Some fairytale princess ends up in RL New York, falls in love, stays in RL, lives happily
ever after...

8: Garfield The Movie. Self Explanatory.

9: Mars Attacks! 60s-70s alien film. Watched it for a laugh and it was RUBBISH

10: Hotel For Dogs. A film about a hotel, for DOGS! What were Hollywood thinking?

Last edited:

It's from 1996 and I thought it was a hilarious and witty parody on modern life.

edit: tree'd by the Ponyman of the Apokalipse

The main movie that sprung immediately to my mind when i saw this thread was :
-Watchmen (2009)
What did you find wrong with it?

Last edited:
Hey come on now, they weren't all that bad. They just weren't that good. Tied up some loose ends and such... But hey, at least we're getting that new animated Clone Wars movie. Which is going to be AWESOME!

I'm sorry, but I just saw this. Fair enough, Hindsight's a brilliant thing. I bet you'll happily retract this statement now.

Hot Tub Time Machine was no masterpiece, but it was better than the mediocre flick known as The Hangover... :P

I liked HTTM, but it was no better than The Hangover, imo. If anything, it continued to prove that Rob Corddry should not be acting in main roles, & should stick to minor roles where he's not trying to be funny.

lolwut, how did Fellowship of the Ring make the top 5 of the worst movies ever? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway, my list of the worst movies (in recent years) starting from the most horrendous ...

1. Ocean's Twelve
2. Watchmen
3. Borat
4. Men Who Stare at Goats
5. King Kong (Jack Black starrer)
6. The Dark Knight
7. Inception
8. Superman Returns
9. Gamer 300
10. I Am Legend

Last edited:
C-ZETA
Hot Rod. Exactly the same as Happy Gilmore with motorcycles. :rolleyes:

Hot Rod was great. Granted, it's not a film that will be troubling the historians, but it was funny. Geez, some people on gtp like to come across as high brow. Laugh a little.

I have a new addition: anything by Zack Snyder - that means 300, WATCHMEN, SUCKER PUNCH; whatever. Also JJ Abrams. He rides the success of LOST waaaay too much.
6. The Dark Knight
7. Inception
You're one of those people who hate films that are popular, right?

I was going to say the same thing as inderludes, but give Borat and The Men who stare at Goats as my examples. Both freaking hilarious movies IMO. Borat: I think the first and only movie that made me laugh out loud in the theatre (and also frequently avert my gaze, way too embarassing...)

You're one of those people who hate films that are popular, right?

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of my intelligence because of my list.

If I did hate films that were popular, TDK and Inception would be no. 1 and 2 on my list like some of the other people who are putting LOTR, Star Wars and Matrix on top of theirs.

Like others have said, I avoid obviously bad films like the plague so many of the ones on my list are those that were just over rated, over hyped.

Chris Nolan worship has got out of hand for years but I still like a couple of his movies like Batman Begins and The Prestige.

I can't think of ten off the top of my head, but number one for me without a doubt is Bad Boy Bubby :yuck:. Just wrong in so many ways.

Cheers Shaun.

Last edited:
lolwut, how did Fellowship of the Ring make the top 5 of the worst movies ever? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anyway, my list of the worst movies (in recent years) starting from the most horrendous ...

6. The Dark Knight

I would surely put Fellowship of the Ring higher than The Dark Knight.
Never liked any LOTR movie for that matter :)

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of my intelligence because of my list.
I never said that. I just said I thought you were one of those people who disliked certain films because they received hype and were popular rather than because of any intrinsic value.

Are you serious?

I was when I posted that. Three years ago.

Event Horizon would still be there. Kill Bill would still be in the top ten, but maybe a little lower. I have a review of Kill Bill I posted here in 2004 but, for the love of bees, please don't respond in that thread to a seven year old comment...

I never said that. I just said I thought you were one of those people who disliked certain films because they received hype and were popular rather than because of any intrinsic value.

I'd like to think I'm not that type. Its just that, try as I might, I don't see what was so great about TDK and Inception to a lesser degree.

Nolan has spawned this new 'gotta get darker' theme in movies whether it fits or not.

Dark does not equal intellectual cinema ... I should stop before I digress. This is better served for a Chris Nolan/Batman thread. :)

F&F series. Transformers. Justin Beiber:Never Say Never × 1000000. Pineapple Express. The Darwin Awards.

1) Bruno (Can't say I've seen the whole movie, was contemplating suicide 30 minutes in).
2) Adventureland (Typical modern comedy, they can't come up with funny jokes so they just fill it with pot jokes and f bombs)
3) Land of the Lost (Terrible story, terrible acting)
4) Redline (Don't think I need to explain this one)
5) G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Screw physics is this movies catch phrase)
6) You Don't Mess with the Zohan (What happened to Sandler?)
7) Reno 911!: Miami (Stupid cops are stupid, I get it)
8) Napoleon Dynamite (No clue why this was popular, I never could get into it)
9) Paul Blart: Mall Cop (Who thought this would make a good movie)
10) Strange Wilderness (Had a decent premise, very poorly executed)

1: Avatar. Not.

Serious list.
1: 2012: Doomsday. This isn't the one you are probaly thinking of, but a low budget film with bad acting, bad actors, dodgy script and camera work that would make you think it was filmed during an earthquake on doomsday... Plus the intro was 5 minutes of the Amazon from a helicopter.

4: Italian Job: LA Heist. Same as above.

5: Disaster movie. Need I explain?

6: Transporter 3. Cheesy, unrealistic rubbish.

7: A disney film I forgot the name of. Some fairytale princess ends up in RL New York, falls in love, stays in RL, lives happily
ever after...

8: Garfield The Movie. Self Explanatory.

10: Hotel For Dogs. A film about a hotel, for DOGS! What were Hollywood thinking?

This.

Also, about 2012: Doomsday, don't forget the spotty camera work. About halfway in during the scene where the 2 people were sitting under a tree during a storm, when the camera starts moving away you can see the rails for the camera sitting on the ground.

1. The Never Ending Story II
2. Doom (Dwayne Johnson make)
3. The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift
4. Garfield
5. Along Came Polly
6. The Number 23
7. When Harry Met Sally
8. Star Wars 1
9. Star Wars 2
10. Star Wars 3

Shmorgusborg
1. The Never Ending Story II
2. Doom (Dwayne Johnson make)
3. The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift
4. Garfield
5. Along Came Polly
6. The Number 23
7. When Harry Met Sally
8. Star Wars 1
9. Star Wars 2
10. Star Wars 3

Hey Star wars is awesome

Hey Star wars is awesome

The new trilogy had some of the worst acting, ever... magnified by some of the worst scriptwriting, ever... the only redeeming feature of the trilogy was the end of the third movie, but that hardly excuses the rest of it.

1.Skyline
2.Armageddon
3.King of Fighters
4.Fast 5
5.I, Robot
6.X-Men 3
7.Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
8.Taxi
9.It's A Guy Thing
10.Never Back Down

1. The fast and the furious, all of them.
2. Tropical thunder.
3. Event Horizon.
4. Avatar.
5. Men who stare at goats.
6. Burn after reading.
7. I am legend.
8. Bruno.
9. Borat.
10. Inglorious Bastards.

Famine
I was when I posted that. Three years ago.

Event Horizon would still be there. Kill Bill would still be in the top ten, but maybe a little lower. I have a review of Kill Bill I posted here in 2004 but, for the love of bees, please don't respond in that thread to a seven year old comment...

How do you hate Napoleon Dynamite? Lol I liked it

Back