VCRC Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe 54 CONGRATS OwensRacing & Carracerptp!

That was some very fun practice last evening. Nurb GP/F feels like a totally different track in this car because it's not super fast and has a lot of "character" (body roll, pitch, spinning of one wheel). Had some great battles with jackargent and cotedazure, some very clean and fun racing with you guys. I was literally shaking with adrenaline after that second race......and it was only 4 laps! :lol: Really looking forward to this event tomorrow, should be a great time.

What kind of power are you all making when fully broken-in? I don't think mine is all the way stretched out yet, I believe I was making 217hp last night.

What kind of power are you all making when fully broken-in? I don't think mine is all the way stretched out yet, I believe I was making 217hp last night.

Yes it was good racing, looking forwar to tomorrow's race as well, what about today?

Jsut verfied and my SL is at 219HP and 209 FT-LB
136 KM

Oooo, looks like I have a few more horses to squeeze out of there! :)

I would be up for some more practice later this evening, any time after about 6pm EST.

Just got my 300 SL Coupe '54. I am going to leave it stock Schwarz. Something inside said "Use the schwartz, Lone Star. Use the schwartz."

bob has been doing some work for me & from memory I'm at 221 hp ... but i could be wrong.

yeah racing was fun last night - unfortunately I couldn't see Cotedazure - hopefully that was a one off as I rarely have any connection issues.

I'm hoping to get some practice in today as well - but will be earlier due to time zones.

Oooo, looks like I have a few more horses to squeeze out of there! :)

I would be up for some more practice later this evening, any time after about 6pm EST.

I am going to visit VCRC lounge at 19h00 est 100% sure
Could be there in the afternoon to, not 100%, Jack, what time est do you think you can make it?

edit: we need to be carefull with HP reading as I beleive they vary if we are using metric or not.
I am using metric.

Last edited:
now at 223 bhp after 227 miles so that must be about the max.

Planning to pop on in an hour or so then again tonight probably about 7 or 8 pm here which i believe is 2-3pm EST

I am going to visit VCRC lounge at 19h00 est 100% sure
Could be there in the afternoon to, not 100%, Jack, what time est do you think you can make it?

edit: we need to be carefull with HP reading as I beleive they vary if we are using metric or not.
I am using metric.

Quick 7 laps practice all on my own ... best time 2:38.801 which is good for me.

Is pit stop compulsory or optional?

I am going to try and make this event, I for sure can do the GMT race and hoping I will still be on when the late race rolls around.

Sign me up!
GTP:bdubclub/ PSN: bdubclub. Not sure on the colors I will be running, I will let you know.

Put me down as very likely for both races, I'll get back to you on car color...

Naptown25rs / NCemtB / TBD

I MIGHT be able to get in a couple short races around 6pm EST (11pm GMT)... depending upon dinner time finishing up & such. Then I have the LHL @ 7pm.
I'll definitely peek to see who's online.

NO MANDATORY PIT STOP

Mostly because we're on sports hard tires. In preliminary testing, Bender2011/miata_1 said that the 17 laps should allow for possibly the full range of tire wear... depending on how you drive. ;)

My car was @ 217hp at the start of those practice races we did. And I'm pretty sure it's nowhere near 150miles.
So shooting for 223hp sounds perhaps right. ??
I'll try & peek @ Bender2011's car, because he put Bspec Bob in his the other day, and report my findings. ;)

I think the hp is the same no matter what measuring system you're using... ???
Someone correct me if this is off?

All I know is that I use miles not km. lol

Note: I do very much enjoy the pitch & roll. ;)

Carracerptp / Carracerptp / TBD / GMT, but I could make the EST race as well.
This looks like fun.

So I was wondering why I couldn't keep up with Brandon yesterday during the practice races, turns out I was on Comfort Softs instead of Sport Hards... :dunce:

What a difference the tires make with this car!

So I was wondering why I couldn't keep up with Brandon yesterday during the practice races, turns out I was on Comfort Softs instead of Sport Hards... :dunce:

:nervous: You were doing okay against me. :scared:
LOL
(May have been my tendency toward beach holidays. :ouch:)

That said, sometimes I actually do better in races that have tire restriction at Comfort Softs, & everyone's on them.
Personally, I wanted to keep the car on comfort softs. lol For that reason.
But I was convinced otherwise, by the fact that on sports hard, the car is a fair bit faster, and there's more chance that everyone will stay on the gray bits during the race. :lol:

OTOH, though the car is definitely faster on sports hard... I would hesitate to say it's all that much more grippy. On sports hard, there's still quite a bit of grip missing when steering through boaty turns. :eek:

This is a race where perhaps mistakes won't be harshly punished by this car. But there's enough pitch, roll, and slide, to keep everyone on their toes, I think.

Hmmmm......I don't think I've ever checked to see what tires are on my Merc. I basically pulled it out of the garage last night for the first time (only had 6.2 miles on it) and didn't change anything so I was likely on whatever tires it comes with. Will have to confirm this evening.

(I did feel very alien-like last night!) :dopey:

Well, I wonder if I saved a replay to check. lol
I'm 100% sure I had the tire restriction set at sports hard, because directly before we were practicing the G4, and that's sports hard too.
Also, before the Merc races, I saw several people go into their "aids screen menu"... Since aids were turned off, and most of the people in the race don't use aids even when they're available, I had assumed people were checking to see they were on the correct tires.

Be sure you check this before the race!!! :lol:
(Or, you know what, don't check. :sly:)

Anyone remember times from yesterday? I got down to a 2:35.8XX in practice and did a couple of 2:35.9XX's in a practice race with some of the guys. It is still a boat in the corners, but I gained a lot of time with the correct tires. 👍

I bought one for this evenings practicerace, and came down to a 2:37.166, I imagine breaking it in could get me into the high 2:36´s, but that last second seems WAY out of reach..:)

ID_racing
I bought one for this evenings practicerace, and came down to a 2:37.166, I imagine breaking it in could get me into the high 2:36´s, but that last second seems WAY out of reach..:)

I'm not sure what I was doing in that practice race, but I had quite a drive... For a car that's not fully broken in yet, it ran great. I couldn't believe I was so quick.

Hey again. I think I'd like to join in on this race with the Benz as well as the 2002 race! I'll do the late one. Time to go buy a new Benz it seems..

Naptown25rs
Put me down as very likely for both races, I'll get back to you on car color...

Naptown25rs / NCemtB / TBD

Color: Designo Mysticweiss / Schwarz

Alright, color is some mercedes red and its rocking white rims. I bought the car in white and am now stuck with pearl domes on the wheels. :dunce::dunce:

watermelonpunch
Thanks for the practices...
I'm well past 150 miles. But I'm now just up to 221hp.
I even gave it to my bspec bob & let him do the 400pp bspec seasonal in it. haha.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm at 223hp after 200+ miles and a oil change...

Got my personal best lap down to a 2:34.375, some of the really fast guys should be able to dip into the 2:33's

Back