::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 6 | Nismo GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 379 comments
Well that race would have been fun had something not screwed me up lap 2. I hope someone saves replay cause I would love to know. Stayed in race for 20 laps to see if I could catch up from pits. But no. Boy when they say heavy damage they mean it, just tapped that wall and car was un-drivable. Hope all else went well and hop Div 1 went well too.

Provisional D2 Race Results:

GT500 -

1. Schumi74
2. joshua1994
3. UAE_ReDLiNe
4. MH4wheel

GT300 -

1. HortusIX

D2: Congrats to Schumi for the GT500 win and well played to joshua too for not being too far behind him at the end.

shame about the lack of D2 GT300 racers today. the only other driver who made the start (Jav) lagged out near the beginning of the race so it was a lonely drive for me.
we need more interest for GT300 and just D2 in general i think... there's not enough people participating regularly atm

Div1 just finished. My first thoughts: It is vital that the polesitter knows the start procedure. Honestly, if you're in pole, take a look at the OP to see what's required of you before the start; the rolling start for GT300 was a mess.

Other than that, good race, shame the RX7 seems to suck for tyres - wanted to do a 1-stop but there was no way the tyres would have lasted. Happy with 3rd, it'll do!

Well that race would have been fun had something not screwed me up lap 2. I hope someone saves replay cause I would love to know. Stayed in race for 20 laps to see if I could catch up from pits. But no. Boy when they say heavy damage they mean it, just tapped that wall and car was un-drivable. Hope all else went well and hop Div 1 went well too.

Sorry about your race man, from when I pitted it looked like we were in for a battle until you left. Maybe next time

D2: Congrats to Schumi for the GT500 win and well played to joshua too for not being too far behind him at the end.

shame about the lack of D2 GT300 racers today. the only other driver who made the start (Jav) lagged out near the beginning of the race so it was a lonely drive for me.
we need more interest for GT300 and just D2 in general i think... there's not enough people participating regularly atm

Yeah, i saw that Jav pulled over when you pulled over to tell someone to stop chatting, and then he disapeared about 4 laps later D:

We need more interest for GT300 and just D2 in general i think... there's not enough people participating regularly atm

I be happy to join the GT300 ranks in D2! Thinking of entering the Wedsport Celica if that's eligible? Who do I inform of my interest?

[EDIT] *Facepalms* Don't even have the Wedsport Celica in my garage. Going to purchase the Wedsport IS350 instead!

Yeah, i saw that Jav pulled over when you pulled over to tell someone to stop chatting, and then he disapeared about 4 laps later D:

Actually it was Hortus telling me off! :x Jav lost connection for no reason.

I be happy to join the GT300 ranks in D2! Thinking of entering the Wedsport Celica if that's eligible? Who do I inform of my interest?

PM Denilson :D

yeh it was a real shame he lagged out when he did... i was looking forward to a good battle

[EDIT] *Facepalms* Don't even have the Wedsport Celica in my garage. Going to purchase the Wedsport IS350 instead!

sorry about that but it's just common sense to not distract the drivers while they're racing. in a casual setting - chat away. but not in an organised league, it's just rude is all.

Unoffical quick results

GT500

1. Wardez
2. JPzer
3. Paginas
4. OwensRacing
5. Nycrom
6. GTP_Monoha
7. Schumi74
8. joshua1994
9. UAE_ReDLiNe
10. MH4wheel

GT300

1. GTP_Aderrrm
2. KamyKaze
3. Moleman
4. Steeltoedsloth
5. Shrugin_Atlas
6. Maximus
7. Scanny_flick
8. HortuIX

sorry about that but it's just common sense to not distract the drivers while they're racing. in a casual setting - chat away. but not in an organised league, it's just rude is all.

My bad, really sorry for any distractions and will take note in future. Just PM'd Denilson and look forward to meeting you guys again, this time on the track!

Little disapointed with todays race.
Had a good start and was keeping in touch with Mole and Aderrrm. I made a mistake by lap 3 or 4 i think and lost a couple of seconds but was able to catchup, as they were fighting hard.
I drovr behind them carefully, saving my tires, as i was thinking in a 1 stop strategy. Then Mole pitted at lap 10 i think. Obviously he would pit again. By that time i think i was faster than aderrrm so i overtook him and tried to gap him. Ofc in GT 5 thats not easy. The same draft that helped me early on the race now was against me.
As we keep switching overtaking manouvers we were slow, really slow, so i decided to pit around lap 14. That would make me drive the second set of tires for 20 Laps :scared:
I had some problems with the GT 500 guys. They were being too agressive. I almost got pwned at T1. If i hadn't looked to my mirrors i would be rear ended by 2 late brakers :(
Then after aderrrrm pited we were batling and he had fresher tires, but i was able to keepp in touch with the draft. Then another GT 500 came in and overtook me and brake late trying to pass aderrrm too and went wide and i had to slow down to avoid him.
End of the story. I only had to keep a smooth pace so my tires would last till the end and try not to loose time for mole who had pited again.

Fuji D1 preliminary results w/ finish times

fuji.jpg

Watching replay now...at one point OwensRacing caught up to me on the straight, I guess he didn't see me but I sure saw him and he gave me the biggest push ever, felt like a rocket up my a** hehe, fortunately got no damage, just a huge top speed, good thing you can't overrev in GT5 :D

Well, my little ENEOS got me through the race. :lol: She wasn't as loose once I got used to her. Although I had to go slower than others to keep her steady.

I was able to see everyone, the only thing I can think of is that I am approaching my usage allowance, but that shouldn't of been the reason I disconnected

Man you must have some packet loss or something, I'm on external wireless and never d/c.

Just watched the reply of your accident grafpt/designnsight, looks like you lost traction in the back and slid into the wall.

yep, the first on the dunlop corner, i dont know about other cars, but in the petronas, if you acelerate hard out whilst turning in a low gear, you slide alot, and thats exactly what happened to him, making him say hello to the wall.

but overall, real nice d2 race, even though there was only like 7 who started, 5 finished. really wish i didnt pause though to apologise, lost like 7 seconds, so thats my excuse for second! xD

yep, the first on the dunlop corner, i dont know about other cars, but in the petronas, if you acelerate hard out whilst turning in a low gear, you slide alot, and thats exactly what happened to him, making him say hello to the wall.

but overall, real nice d2 race, even though there was only like 7 who started, 5 finished. really wish i didnt pause though to apologise, lost like 7 seconds, so thats my excuse for second! xD

never pause, if you hit someone etc just carry on (gentlemen rules, let them back past if possible)

never pause, if you hit someone etc just carry on (gentlemen rules, let them back past if possible)

haha yeah, i let him past, then apologised, mong alert here. but whatever, stoked we had a sick 12 lap battle, oh and setting a 1:37.600 on lap 27 :)

Back