GTP NASCAR Nationwide Series // Season Report/Points // Champions!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 1,868 comments

Should we race at SSRX this season?

• Yes

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All plans dropped.

No one's excluded. Anyone can race.

I will always reflect over my actions and act appropriately as I've done a few times this season so with that in mind, no changes.

We'll leave this to S2 discussion.

This is why we need different specs for Indy, to eliminate this bump drafting here. I'll make a post about it.

No. From recollection, a SGR driver had only filled in once for JRM. You cannot say in the slightest that Trynor is not there on his own merit. JRM have used less SC drivers than any other team and that has been the way we have worked all year. And now you want to penalise us for being so convincing last week with excellent unity throughout our team, including teamwork and strategy. BS.

Sorry dude, I guess owners don't seem to get the recognition they deserve. I guess that's why I overlooked that.

Knelly
No. From recollection, a SGR driver had only filled in once for JRM. You cannot say in the slightest that Trynor is not there on his own merit. JRM have used less SC drivers than any other team and that has been the way we have worked all year. And now you want to penalise us for being so convincing last week with excellent unity throughout our team, including teamwork and strategy. BS.

Don't forget your luck last week, too.

Sprint Cup drivers have won 6 of the 11 races this season in the Nationwide series. Of the other 5 races, Trynor has won 3, and there's no doubt that he's earned those wins. He's the points leader, and he's worked hard to get there. However, if he's going to win the Nationwide Championship, it should be with, and against, a field of Nationwide drivers.

The whole reason we started the Nationwide series was to give non-Sprint Cup drivers a place to race. It's not supposed to be a stomping grounds for Sprint Cup drivers to come in and run over the field. We even voted earlier this season that Sprint Cup drivers should only participate as reserves, running only when a Nationwide driver fails to show up unannounced, or gives late notice that he's going to miss the race and no other driver can be lined up to participate in time. This isn't a last-minute rule change, it's been on the books since March 30th.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6894234#post6894234

It's Tuesday. Can non-Sprint Cup drivers not be arranged in time for Saturday's race?

I'm all for having the final race a battle between NW drivers only. Let's just draw the line evenly and say that anyone that signed up to take SC points at the beginning of the season is not allowed to participate in this race.

I'm all for having the final race a battle between NW drivers only. Let's just draw the line evenly and say that anyone that signed up to take SC points at the beginning of the season is not allowed to participate in this race.

That seems fair. We have a large enough group of non-SC drivers that there is no reason not to have 15 cars on track for Saturday.

Carbonox, Chqr, Smuffyatfcp, DriveTheGuard88, GTP_Akmuq, FastFox400, Cowboys965, Nater_Racing21, Jtsharkin9, james6653, Racefan78, GTP_Litchi, Jakob_Nascar88, TaylorCNascar24, amp_88_jr, mattymc1996, DamageNano, Trynor88, D4LVY_, Stormtrooper217, gorsad, rap129, FrasierCrane, and TEAMRAD_PITT.

Well it looks like I officially have nothing else to do with this then. See you in series two if I get picked. Good luck carbonox!

Theorictially I don't either as I decided to take points in SC from round 6 I believe.

I hope we don't need to see a certain individual from Drop's list attempting to race again in an important race like this...

So is there going to be a all NW driver race or will SC drivers be allowed to participate? Just wondering.

So is there going to be a all NW driver race or will SC drivers be allowed to participate? Just wondering.

If you are looking to race this Saturday, you should start sending PMs to the team owners now. They should be looking for non-Sprint Cup drivers to run this Saturday at Indy. As a driver that is interested in participating in season 2, this race is a great chance for you to show what you can do ahead of time. A good result would definitely help you toward your goal of getting a seat for next season.

Gibbs should be full for Saturday with Nater, Matty, and Fox or Cowboys.

HMS has Carb and Chqr, but not smuffy, so you could PM kenkwilinski about his third seat.

I think Ford has Stormtrooper, and maybe RaceFan78, but I'm sure they will have at least one open seat, if not two. Pm DrifterJoe about racing for them.

Red Bull should have Litchi and Amp_88_jr, and probably one open seat. Pm MÜLE_9242 for a chance to race for them.

SGR should have Trynor and D4LVY, and probably one open seat. PM Knelly if you want discuss running their third car.

If you are looking to race this Saturday, you should start sending PMs to the team owners now. They should be looking for non-Sprint Cup drivers to run this Saturday at Indy. As a driver that is interested in participating in season 2, this race is a great chance for you to show what you can do ahead of time. A good result would definitely help you toward your goal of getting a seat for next season.

Gibbs should be full for Saturday with Nater, Matty, and Fox or Cowboys.

HMS has Carb and Chqr, but not smuffy, so you could PM kenkwilinski about his third seat.

I think Ford has Stormtrooper, and maybe RaceFan78, but I'm sure they will have at least one open seat, if not two. Pm DrifterJoe about racing for them.

Red Bull should have Litchi and Amp_88_jr, and probably one open seat. Pm MÜLE_9242 for a chance to race for them.

SGR should have Trynor and D4LVY, and probably one open seat. PM Knelly if you want discuss running their third car.

Racefan turns up for most races, and stormtrooper will be taking up the seat that JT left. James is hoping to race since he wants a good finish to show next season's owners what he's got.

Thank god we don't have any more races at SSRX this year..

Thank god we don't have any more races at SSRX this year..

:sly:

Oh well, thought I'd just add my view on the driver restrictions. Remember that Trynor didn't need anyone's help to win at Madrid and HSR, so indeed saying that someone's success would only be because of SC drivers helping doesn't really make sense. However I'm all for having NW drivers only battling at this final round 'cause that's certainly the coolest possible way to end the season.

Last edited:
Do it: Fantasy EURO 2012 :D

Run and organised by me :D

(Just for those that don't view the Sprint Cup Thread, also the last place I'm posting this before I get an infraction for spamming.)

Anybody not have a seat for tomorrow that wants one?

Someone who's name is not Jakob, please.

MÜLE_9242;7192010

:lol:

MÜLE_9242;7192010

I'm talking to someone for you right now mule. He's on the fence right now and I will let you know tonight if he will or not.

No luck mule. He's been disconnecting constantly. He wants to run but the disconnections are a problem.

Back