TT #44 350PP Honda S Suzuka / 550pp Suzuka Wet

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 236 comments
rumblina
I didn't want to use the 2J for the 550PP TT, so I went with the N24 Schulze. A rough tune worked for me, but I am not so good in the wet though... No perma-mods and still a bit of work to do with the tune. I have never tuned a car for the wet so it is different and fun all at once :)

Im like you, rumblina.. Im not really avoiding the 2j; im just having too much fun experimenting with other cars and learning to drive better in the rain. The fastest cars I have tried so far are-
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring car
Subaru WRX WRC rally car '03
Lexus Petronas SC430 GT500
Whats interesting is these three cars are wildly different to drive but have all proven to be within 2.8 to 3 seconds quicker than the gold time for me.

This is the tune I used for the 350PP Suzuka circuit TT, I felt I could have done it easily with default settings but I wanted to try my hand at tuning for once.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle

Honda S600 '64

--Parts--

Stage 3 Weight Reduction.
Window Weight Reduction.
Rigidity Improvement

Engine tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU

Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Fully Customisable Transmission

Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-racing
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft

Comfort Medium tread

--Tuning--

Transmission
1st gear: 5.690 2nd Gear: 3.829
3rd Gear: 3.281 4th Gear: 2.593
5th Gear: 2.072

Final Gear: 3.150
Max Speed: 180 KM/h

LSD

Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 28

Suspension

-8 Ride Height Adjustment -9 1.8 Camber Angle (-) 1.8
6.3 Spring Rate 5.6 0.00 Toe Angle 0.00
7 Dampers (Extension) 8
6 Dampers (Compression) 7
6 Anti-roll Bars 6

Brakes

5 Brake Balance 5 (Default)

--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps

Hmmm, even if you made this tune independently, it's not original. It's basically a carbon copy of the S500 tune in my garage.

The tune works great on the S500, S600 and S800. Try this at autumn ring with sport medium tires, it's a blast getting on two wheels through the chicane in the last sector!

If you can make other great tunes please post them and be more involved on the tuning sub forum. I'm going to a huge fan of your tunes if they're all as good as this Honda tune, because I know that this tune is excellent.

I know, I wish they had 2 time trials, one for tuned & one for not.
I love the s800, and we've had some great online races with it... But I prefer to drive it unmodified.

I agree! I could actually get the silver with an untuned S800 but to get another 3 seconds out of it and get the gold you'd have to be an alien.. Then you slap on some power to get 350 pp and all of the sudden you're several seconds under the gold time.. bah!

For the S-Seasonal I used a S600.
Tried it stock but only got Bronze (0.2 seconds off of Silver). Did the non power/weight influencing upgrades and got comfortable silver but not near to Gold.
Added a few power upgrades (the two intake things) and got roughly gold.
A fun little Car :D

For the 550wet I used a Toyota Altezza Touring Car with 523pp (no Turbocharger) and got it second lap (first I made a invalidation through 130R -_-) with 1.9seconds gap to the Gold Time :D
Fun again :D

I agree! I could actually get the silver with an untuned S800 but to get another 3 seconds out of it and get the gold you'd have to be an alien.. Then you slap on some power to get 350 pp and all of the sudden you're several seconds under the gold time.. bah!

Yeah that's why I've been kind of disappointed in all the recent seasonals... because it makes it so that really, you have to do at least some tuning, no matter what.

Though I am happy overall that they would make an event for the Honda s800. It's a wonderful car that most people don't bother to use, and are missing out!!! :D
I'm thinking of creating another race for it like the one we did some months ago. :) That was SO MUCH FUN. :D

Hallo

TimeTrial: Racecar, 550 LP, Suzuka Circuit (Wet)

I want see some settings of other Racers. For testing and drive a better Laptime

My Laptime 02:09:941

2J Race Car

Ballast 132 kg Position 50

power 262 kw
weight 953 kg
perf. Points: 550 pp

Downforce max

LSD Rear 8/20/5

Ride Height 00/-10

Spring Rate 15.28/16.5
Extension 9/6
Compression 8/6
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 2.7/1.6
Toe 00 /+0.18

Brake Balance 3/4
Tires: Raing tires.

Donwforce max?? My 2J does not have aerodynamic adjustments.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I have been busy so haven't done these TTs until today. On my third lap in the S800 I got p360. This is the first time I've been in the 300s this late in the TT, and on only my third lap. Guess alot of people are skipping this one. :lol:

My S already had weight reduction (a mod I have since learned not to do on lightweight cars) but I added 200kg and got the weight up to 852. Then I cranked up the power to 116hp.

The rear was losing grip in the turns so I nudged the weight forward to 52/48 and that got the balance pretty good. I only ran 1 lap after the weight adjustment and that was p360. I can see time to be gained in every corner so top 250 may be within reach.

Got an easy gold time in the wet with the Cusco Subaru since I don't want to use the 2J. I'll say it again (every time I get the chance), PD, please add filter by car to the TT events.

EDIT: After a few more laps I got down to p302. But that seems to be my wall. This is a fun but frustrating TT.

Last edited:
Chaparal is fast. Don't use every curb for hotlap.
If you drive clear you get good time but if not you dammaged the car.
All have enough chance to get proved on another competitions and so the filter is unnecessary.
Exept some downgraded shopping cars, i like all GT cars
peace out

the filter is unnecessary.

If you think about, nothing in the game is "necessary". The seasonals are unnecessary. Every car is unnecessary. The whole game is unnecessary.

But adding simple features that will increase the enjoyment of many without decreasing the enjoyment of anybody is worthwhile.

If you don't want to use the filter you won't be required to. As I'm sure there are already features in the game you don't use.

I did pretty good with the premium Cusco Subaru. I was trying for better times, but, on lap 4-ish I drifted the first 2 turns then shot off after the slalom section and quit while I was ahead.

Hallo

TimeTrial: Racecar, 550 LP, Suzuka Circuit (Wet)

I want see some settings of other Racers. For testing and drive a better Laptime

My Laptime 02:09:941

2J Race Car

Ballast 132 kg Position 50

power 262 kw
weight 953 kg
perf. Points: 550 pp

Downforce max

LSD Rear 8/20/5

Ride Height 00/-10

Spring Rate 15.28/16.5
Extension 9/6
Compression 8/6
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 2.7/1.6
Toe 00 /+0.18

Brake Balance 3/4
Tires: Raing tires.

Nice! This tune up my time from 2:12.450 to 2:10.731 in 30 min ;)
But now i too much drunk ))
I try again tomorrow morning.
Hope for 2:08.*** =)

Good tune MrGrado. I made a few tweeks and went from 2:53's to a 2:51.6xx. S800 w/o any permanent power/weight/chassis mods.

Fun little car-had never driven it before. I was running it w/stock suspension/tranny and N/A power in the low 59's before. Nicely balanced old sportscar in stock form. I had it's grandson in real life-a 2003 S2000. Loved that car.

Unfortunately my new post might cause judgment.

So, last night after getting home from work I decided to get into a bottle of Ouzo (sambuca) and mess around on GT. 2 shots. I saw the new event and started crackin on the S600. I love Suzuka and remeber the days I was really hitting it hard in the F1 car. 1 shot. I did half a lap and did not see a 3:03 coming out of it so i quit and started buying pars. No weight mods, just power. I figured I would just kill the weight mods with ballasts anyways. 2 shots. 2 laps, A 3:04 and a 2:59. I went in and started some suspension tuning and messing with the power/weight. 1 Shot. 1 lap 2:54. I ended up taking the power to 116hp and the weight to something like 847kg. 2:52, 147th world, 7th USA. Somehow i drank a half a liter and am in the top 1%.

Today I checked it and i dropped to 350th. I changed the gearing a bit and took it down to a 2:50. I really cant believe these guys in the 2:45 range. Thats incredible. I cant wait until I understand more and get there.

Maybe I should just start posting other peoples tunes and claim them as mine and get all kinds of praise for being a great tuner.

Maybe you should only post if it contributes to the thread instead of being synical of others. If a person uses somebody elses tune and changes it why would you then give the other person credit for the tune. Giving them credit for the base tune is something but i would not give credit for a tune i had to adjust.

Maybe you should only post if it contributes to the thread instead of being synical of others. If a person uses somebody elses tune and changes it why would you then give the other person credit for the tune. Giving them credit for the base tune is something but i would not give credit for a tune i had to adjust.

There is only one difference though and it is one (1) LSD number. I am in the same boat as cargorat. Give some credit, because no matter how much someone tries, I doubt they will make almost the same exact tune as someone else.

Thought i was close to my limit with the s800, but just shaved of .72x of. 2:46.4xx now :) Can't believe it myself. I feel like i'm in heaven. Hope i can hold on.

Last edited:
On the s800 did 1 lap and could pick that this was a max power upgrade max ballast kind of challenge. Modded the car and got gold after the third lap. Its fun to have challenges like this where the choice of car is very limited (to something other then the 2J). I do agree, however, that in the future PD should consider whether or not the challenge should be a tuner challenge or a driver challenge. I enjoy both tuning and driving, except, i do find tuning time consuming and i don't have much time to spare. So only a basic tune and about 6 laps in total for me so far, hopefully i'll have more time before the challenge ends!!!

...But adding simple features that will increase the enjoyment of many without decreasing the enjoyment of anybody is worthwhile.
As I'm sure there are already features in the game you don't use.
i don't like to drive shopping cars less 200 HP without wheel.
At the TT Events it is necessary to prohibit all drive aids if you want enjoyment.

I ended up taking the power to 116hp and the weight to something like 847kg. 2:52

I would love to know how you are getting the S600 to this power level, please share?

At the TT Events it is necessary to prohibit all drive aids if you want enjoyment.

Agree totally with this, its annoying to say the least when you see people above you in the rankings using TCS and ABS on 10...

Ah, my old friend Calico here to take another shot at me. Glad to see you again. (sarcasm) In your rush to take yet another shot at me, I guess you neglected to compare the two tunes. They are a carbon copy of one another except the LSD which is off by one mumber. Clearly stolen from MrGrado's garage. And for the record, I do my fair share of tune sharing (my own) and car sharing on this forum which is alot more than I can say for you my friend. You only post to take yet another feeble shot at me...go figure.

who cares?

I would love to know how you are getting the S600 to this power level, please share?

Agree totally with this, its annoying to say the least when you see people above you in the rankings using TCS and ABS on 10...
never seen a tcs lap win a seasonal so i dont know what youre on about
and regarding abs 10, it doesnt give any advantage over abs 1

who cares.

If this is directed at me, I care. I'm not going to sit here and let someone take shots at me when all I'm trying to do is to make sure the correct person gets credit for said tune. Its not fair to the person that created the tune and who might be trying to establish themselves as a good tuner to have someone come along and steal their tunes and claim them as theirs. If you use someones tune, credit should be given. That way everyone will know who to go to if they like the tune and need help with a tune in the future. If you made a tune in which you put alot of time and effort into it, would you want someone else taking credit for it? I know I damn well wouldn't.

Ah, my old friend Calico here to take another shot at me. Glad to see you again. (sarcasm) In your rush to take yet another shot at me, I guess you neglected to compare the two tunes. They are a carbon copy of one another except the LSD which is off by one mumber. Clearly stolen from MrGrado's garage. And for the record, I do my fair share of tune sharing (my own) and car sharing on this forum which is alot more than I can say for you my friend. You only post to take yet another feeble shot at me...go figure.

I dont share i give to anybody who wants which in my eyes is more generous than sharing.

Back