UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
Two cars stand out too: the 🤬 Spyker & the 🤬 Lotus Europa.

Yes - they are struck from future lists. I think I might replace the TVR Speed 12 with the Volkswagen W12 too.

The car I really liked driving was to my surprise the BEAT. What a nice thing to run around a track. Must give this car a go at home.

I like it too - I have a feeling that a Kei-car Mixer will be present at UKGTP8.

I very much liked the 7 lap races as it allowed me to settle in a bit more in to the race. You guys are way too fast for me but despite coming in 4th, 5th, 6th or DNF I still had fun.

I think a shift to 7 laps is a good thing too. Something I'll be keeping.

I did seem to get stuck with the worst telly most of the time. (no offence meant) If there’s one thing that is to be banned it is that TV. That telly together with SSR5, HK or any track with tunnels made it a nightmare to figure out where I was. On top of that most of you chose to make my life even more miserable by choosing dark colored cars.:grumpy:

Blame TVR&FerrariFan - had he attended we would have had an HDTV instead...

;)

The Clio enduro was fun. I would like to make a suggestion though. Create an enduro that allows all drivers to do one stint or two stints each. If that proves to be difficult do 2 shorter enduros instead.

It's odd - I tested the tracks thoroughly and saw only 8 decent laps from the tyres - potentially 10 for daan/Smallhorses. That would have made 6 stints (2 per driver) for most pairs. But in LAN mode the tyres were better, lasting 10 for everyone.

In future I'll have to test in 2-Player mode - and I now have a testing partner - as LAN uses 2-Player mode settings.

Anyone interested in buying the AMG? It has a very nice SATNAV display. :)

Errr, hell yeah!

Dude, I'm in AWE that you drove over from the Netherlands just to come and play a computer game against a bunch of weirdoes. Any time you want to come over again, you're welcome at Chez Famine.

:D

Great weekend chaps and lasses, a fantastic 3 days, on the journey back I managed to avoid knocking myself out on the roof of Roo's Mini, though I do have a bruise on the left side of my knee from the door handle! Have to open it next time....

The hosts were excellent and Dave (is he evil or not? I'm sure Famine could devise a spreadsheet to tell us.....) was very kind in giving me lifts everywhere. My forearms ache after 3 days of thumb fiddling and 2 games of bowling ("Crouching Diego, Hidden Pins").

Diego's answering machine must be hilarious.

I liked the 70s stuff the best, barring the E-Type and it's flipping wheelspin. The 4 car finish on the left LAN (which only had 5 cars on Monday) at high speed ring yesterday morning, was brilliant. Well done to everyone who attended you're all really nice people who made it an even more enjoyable weekend.

Top stuff peeps.

- and I now have a testing partner -

:ouch: I feel sorry for her. Please promise me you won't get married in a GTP-Tshirt,-socks, -jock and you will not play GT4 on your wedding night or even think about it.
IF you do anything remotely GT4ish I will personally see to it that you get a temp ban.;)

AMG.

IF you do anything remotely GT4ish I will personally see to it that you get a temp ban.;)

AMG.

I almost posted a crude comment about an Endurance event at the Grand Canyon but i thought better of it.

I almost posted a crude comment about an Endurance event at the Grand Canyon but i thought better of it.

The best thing about everyone meeting up and playing GT4 was the lack of innuendos and filthy jokes on here.

They shock me to the core.

So after a bit of driving around I find Morrisons but don’t recognise the school at first. I do a u-turn and whilst driving back some mad men jump in front of my car and redirect me to a parking space :D.
Hehe, I think I was the one who originally spotted you drive by! I thought you owned a silver SLK, but as soon as I noticed it had a foreign numberplate, I said something.

And yes - the telly's brightness was set too low. You'd go into a tunnel at Deep Forest and you couldn't see a thing. We tried to find the remote for it, but with no luck.

It's odd - I tested the tracks thoroughly and saw only 8 decent laps from the tyres - potentially 10 for daan/Smallhorses. That would have made 6 stints (2 per driver) for most pairs. But in LAN mode the tyres were better, lasting 10 for everyone.
Dustdriver, if I recall correctly, managed 12 decent laps on his tires and they were still orange! Quite a unique way of driving right there...

Oh, and it was great to see you again Sarah, darling.
love.gif
Your cakes were lovely to nibble. Such a pity that Famine fellow was there all the time.

You can nibble on my cakes anytime Daan! Maybe next time we can loose Famine. :sly:

Great pictures everyone, so far, but I want to see the one of Famine and VEXD as proof to the world of his infidelity!

:ouch: I feel sorry for her. Please promise me you won't get married in a GTP-Tshirt,-socks, -jock and you will not play GT4 on your wedding night or even think about it.

AMG.

Believe me .... he won't! Remember everyone is welcome who we met! What about a wedding LAN??????

Will get Famine to post some of our pics of the weekend tonight - which I'm sure he won't have a prob with.

Infact Bert managed 12 laps on his first stint and went 13 laps on his second, although the tyres were quite orange by the end of that. However, staying out for 12 laps in his first stint is what catapulted us from fourth to second, without having to pass a car on the track! (We did 10/12/8/13/7 = 50, with me doing three stints and Bert two, exactly 25 laps each...) My tires were badly screwed after just 8 laps in the middle sector, although I was tanking it, and managed a 1:21.050 somewhere in there...)

I'm quite sure that 8-lap stint was the one where I was stuck behind you... catching up whenever you went a bit off course.

Until at last, you went completely off, but because I was so mentally stuck behind you, I actually followed you off course and managed to hit you and thus, push you back into the course... sadly no one returned the favour :(

You can nibble on my cakes anytime Daan! Maybe next time we can loose Famine. :sly
------
Will get Famine to post some of our pics of the weekend tonight - which I'm sure he won't have a prob with.
Mine will be up later.

I'll upload my photos too....

Infact Bert managed 12 laps on his first stint and went 13 laps on his second, although the tyres were quite orange by the end of that. However, staying out for 12 laps in his first stint is what catapulted us from fourth to second, without having to pass a car on the track!
And I only managed 10! I am no longer Captain Smooooth. :(

I'm quite sure that 8-lap stint was the one where I was stuck behind you... catching up whenever you went a bit off course.

Until at last, you went completely off, but because I was so mentally stuck behind you, I actually followed you off course and managed to hit you and thus, push you back into the course... sadly no one returned the favour :(
Hmmm, I don't remember being shunted back on course, but I'll take your word for it - I must have been too engrossed in the race to commit that to memory! I certainly know what that's like, though, to 'mentally follow' someone straight off the track! I've done that God knows how many times over the course of the last three UKGTP meets!

that shirt really makes me look fat

EDIT: I went over my pics last night and realised my camera sucks... many of them came out blurry... or maybe we were all moving really really quick.

I concur! Love the shot of the wheels lined up 👍

My friend Elli asked how many people turned up this weekend, and then followed up with "How many people do you need to be officially classified as a cult?" :lol:

100_1211%20(medium).JPG

Here we have the GTP starting grid. On pole, surprisingly, is TheCracker's Subaru. With its 4wd system, he is also favourite into the first corner. Next is daan's coupe. Then we have the pre-race favourite, AMG.'s AMG. He had a lot of trouble during practice due to his satnav taking him the wrong way round the track. Famine's MX3 in fourth, only just ahead of Roo's mini. GTPlant doesn't seem to quite have got the hang of the starting grid. Her MX5 will be disadvantaged right away facing the wrong way. The first corner should be interesting....

100_1214 (Small).JPG

100_1218 (Small).JPG

100_1219 (Small).JPG

Here we have Spec with the obigitory beer, and a couple of pictures he drew earlier, on the wall.

100_1220 (Small).JPG

TheCracker's opinion of his own driving is obvious.

100_1223 (Small).JPG

Spec, the morning after.

100_1228 (Small).JPG

The VEXD fanclub convene a meeting.

100_1232 (Small).JPG

Smallhorses about to kill someone.

100_1236 (Small).JPG

Famine on lap 45, VEXD on lap 1. What's going on there then?

100_1242 (Small).JPG

VEXD about to snog Dustdriver. Dustdriver looking vexd.

100_1243 (Small).JPG

Dustdiver getting awarded with one of the fantabulous keyrings. :D

100_1245 (Small).JPG

daan in 1st place. Yes, 1st place. I'll repeat that for the hard of reading, daan in 1st place!

100_1260 (Small).JPG

Dustdriver shows off his prize haul. Medal, T-shirt, fantabulous keyring, and a even more fantabulouser etching.

100_1255 (Small).JPG

Roo, and his most improved driver prize.

100_1256 (Small).JPG

VEXD receiving his overall best driver of the weekend trophy from Famine.

100_1257 (Small).JPG

The victor. All hail mighty VEXD. :bowdown:

100_1259 (Small).JPG

The motley crew.

(L-R) EXelero, VEXD, Sureshot, AMG., Touring Mars, Dustdriver, Sarebear, Famine, daan
(crouching) Smallhorses, Roo.

I look like a deranged version of Frankenstein in a tank top in that group photo, I perhaps look even dodgier in the second photo on the second row of AMGs post.......

Regarding the group photo, there are 11 people in the shot...

and only 3 smiling!

the back of famine's t-shirt!

the first winner of the highly collectable "I WENT TO UKGTP7 AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T SHIRT" t shirt!

Rob, David, Diego, Sarah, Arnold (!), Dan, Kendra, Dave, Nathan, Chris, Ben and Bert.

Team 'b' look on at the bowling score board with dismay as they realise they're losing! added to their failure is the fact that Ben is on team 'a'!!

The always smiling happy lovely Sarah. Had i known she was coming, i would've made a "i came to ukgtp7 and all i got was this lousy husband" tshirt!

Sarah, Rob and Nick at the pub that evening. How ever hard they tried, they couldn't keep up with the almighty Ben and Chris....

Always smiling.....Bert!

Evil Dave well on his way to winning everything

The pride and happiness is overflowing and impossible to mask but the VEXD title becomes obvious.

triumphant but tired group of races at the end of day 3.

Back