* Round 7 Results! * ATTACH REPLAYS HERE *

• Thread starter Duke
  • 197 comments
Mistral...it was clear that...the submitter of combos should also submit invisible walls...
I didnt see any picture showing me that at that corner there would be an invisible wall
so no invisible walls at all at autumn ring, it was clear when Duke asked the pictures of them...

Ricolamb
Mistral...it was clear that...the submitter of combos should also submit invisible walls...
I didnt see any picture showing me that at that corner there would be an invisible wall
so no invisible walls at all at autumn ring, it was clear when Duke asked the pictures of them...
Who knew there is invisible wall in that corner? Who? I would be surprised if there is any there. I won't inspect every track to see where they are.

Mistral
What you're calling minimum distance is null distance. A touch can be defined as a physical contact with two different things. In that cas, a car and a wall. The speed can't drop by itself just because he wants to! :dunce:

Hey guys , I don't want to play with words and I prefer to go by rules...o.k.?

So what does It mean that no difference between minimum and null?

I hope you explain this difference...and also where's a rule about invisible touch?

I would lost a challenge for a rule not for an idea...

What is this a theatre or what? Are we talking with people or with a strange kind of judge establishment...?

that was asked by team submitters of their challenges...
so GTWeb actually had to submit a picture of this invisible wall, wich is clear u didn't, cos I didn't see any...
I will take a DQ only for a real wall touch, not for an invisible one not advertised when submitting...

jmr
Just overread that someone wants the setting from this run. So here it is.

7.0/5.0
90/90
3/1
6/4
2.0/1.0
0/0
3/2
Wings 38/53
LSD 5/5/10
Brakes 2/4
ASM (understeer) 12
TCS 1

gearbox

final 3.847-1

1'01.063

With this setup you get quite 'easy' to a lower 1'01... I had it within an hour. Pity I didn't know that it would be enough for the win. :D Was chasing for a clean minute, had in my last run about 10 times the chance, but last sector is with its curbs and close line just unpredictable. With best sectors you could go to a 1'00.5xx. That's why I was a bit surprised with the win.

Again a big thx to Jim, Ramon and Rand for their great help in this run!

Cheers!
Thanks for the settings!

Sorry luigi, you can better just stop this discussion. This is the 5th Boards Challenge and there are always problems with rules, and GTWeb is right that they have suffered their fair share of losses in races because of similar problems that GTIRN now has. Some notorious problems had to do with Invisible Walls - this is where GT3 has a wall in the track map, but not in the graphics. :S If this invisible wall was identified before the BC race started, you were not allowed to touch it. Otherwise, it was no problem.

Last year, it was identified on the race Rudi mentioned. The GTTimes.com driver was DQd because he didn't see it, and so was Rudi, in that same race (except Rudi finished first, and our driver pretty much last).

Please, let this discussion take place in the administration forum, where it will be fairly discussed, and stop discussing it here because a) it's not the right place and b) it will only lead to bitter arguments. We've been here before.

Just let us sort this out like grown men, and according to the rules.

luigi864
Hey guys , I don't want to play with words and I prefer to go by rules...o.k.?

So what does It mean that no difference between minimum and null?

I hope you explain this difference...and also where's a rule about invisible touch?

I would lost a challenge for a rule not for an idea...

What is this a theatre or what? Are we talking with people or with a strange kind of judge establishment...?
Minimum and null are just math.

Minimum included that the distance is greater than 0 (zero). Null IS 0 (zero).

By the way, yes we are judging what our reviewers saw. We've been ask to verify as many replay as possible and give a conclusion. That's a judgement.

IMO, after seeing the pictures Rico showed me, i say its NOT a touch, there´s no touch at all, but a very close call, but, this is not a touch.

After seeing the video, i can´t say anything, since videos generally confuse us and mostly proves nothing. So, in my opinion, there´s no touch on his lap.

Mistral
Picture are more proofless than the video itself.

what u prefer, 10 pictures in 1280x1024 or a video in 640x480? ;)

pictures show everything, or almost that, they are generally better than videos, when well taken.

if its yet not enough, see the file into your ps2, and analize the way u want. :)

Ok guy's, on the VCR replay picture by picture we see clearly the car bouncing on the wall when there's the lost of 2 kmh, for me it's clear there's no invisible wall at this point but a wall contact.

veilsidebr

pictures show everything, or almost that, they are generally better than videos, when well taken.
Look, the game shows tons of frame per second (ideally 25fps). Before you get THAT frame where you see the touch, you will waste ages. 99% of the time, if not more, and it may be more, you'll see the frame either before the touch or after the touch. In both cases, of course you will never see physical touch.

Franconen-GTweb
Ok guy's, on the VCR replay picture by picture we see clearly the car bouncing on the wall when there's the lost of 2 kmh, for me it's clear there's no invisible wall at this point but a wall contact.

Finally, somebody being honest and not making up "invisible wall" stories.:rolleyes:

Kudos to Franconen.👍

Mistral
Look, the game shows tons of frame per second (ideally 25fps). Before you get THAT frame where you see the touch, you will waste ages. 99% of the time, if not more, and it may be more, you'll see the frame either before the touch or after the touch. In both cases, of course you will never see physical touch.

yes, and i would even risky myself in saying that just the people who were there watching his testing sesssion in that day, into the racetrack or grandstands, will be able to tell us if there were touch or not. :sly:

edit: my post # 666, FINALLY!! :sly:

CFM
Finally, somebody being honest and not making up "invisible wall" stories.:rolleyes:

Kudos to Franconen.👍

His team is competing for the first place, and if he says that the team that's now first has to be DQ he is honest? He's simply acting according to his interests...like many would do at his place...

Wicker_Man
His team is competing for the first place, and if he says that the team that's now first has to be DQ he is honest? He's simply acting according to his interests...like many would do at his place...
Ok 👎

Wicker_Man

I have no interest and I agree with Franconen. Is that good enough for you?

veilsidebr

if its yet not enough, see the file into your ps2, and analize the way u want. :)

I'm sure after years of watching examples like the avi clips recorded and scrutinizing replays also with close calls .... you will be able to determine a contact also .... speed drops dont just happen :)

I have been driving in all 5 BC's and have seen many replays failed and some like Jimeez run over 5 laps in a full mod monster car on rally with a tiny touch that only vcr could detect .... it was so sad to see such a great effort go to waste ... but it did!! ... these things happen! just live with it :)

The majority will have the final say anyway 👍

Mistral
So we will all have to have someone else watching us running? Silly... You better find better excuse than this.

LOOOOOL i was kidding when i said about that! hahaha

so you would call the virtual expectators in the pitlane and grandstands of autumn ring to tell you about a possible hit or not? coz i was refering to them. :dopey:

Listen, am I dishonest only 'cause I say that for me that lap is clean?
For me is CERTAINLY honest someone that admits he has touched or someone that looking the replay of his opponent says that's clean. In any other case you can't.

Wicker_Man

I want to said only that the Rule is the Rules and is the same for all !!!! Gtweb had lost the BC3 for an invisible wall unknow by all. You can ask GTN on it. :sly: ( it's not true Jean and iforce ??) GTIRN has proved that can win the BC, but it's not for this year, I'am sorry may be for the BC6...
Now the discussion is closed for me.
cyao.

Mr P
I'm sure after years of watching examples like the avi clips recorded and scrutinizing replays also with close calls .... you will be able to determine a contact also .... speed drops dont just happen :)

I have been driving in all 5 BC's and have seen many replays failed and some like Jimeez run over 5 laps in a full mod monster car on rally with a tiny touch that only vcr could detect .... it was so sad to see such a great effort go to waste ... but it did!! ... these things happen! just live with it :)

The majority will have the final say anyway 👍

haha don´t worry mr p, i agree with you in the end, i was just heating the discussion. :sly:

momo-gtweb
I want to said only that the Rule is the Rules and is the same for all !!!! Gtweb had lost the BC3 for an invisible wall unknow by all. You can ask GTN on it. :sly: ( it's not true Jean and iforce ??) GTIRN has proved that can win the BC, but it's not for this year, I'am sorry may the BC6...
Now the discussion is closed for me.
cyao.
You're not in the position to say that, mate...

Wicker_Man
Listen, am I dishonest only 'cause I say that for me that lap is clean?
For me is CERTAINLY honest someone that admits he has touched or someone that looking the replay of his opponent says that's clean. In any other case you can't.
IMO, you just don't want to accept it. EVERYONE who saw the replay are saying there is a touch, supported by technical explanation and rational explanation. Unfortunately, it's kept private for now. Maybe we can give public access after the BC, but no possiblity to replay to any message posted there during the competition.

This is just an idea, I never said it will happen.

Back