UK Gran Turismo Party 6

• Thread starter Famine
  • 555 comments
I looked into flying down. It would only have cost me £28 return from Glasgow to Nottingham! I'll pay way more than that in petrol! The problem would be getting into the airport and then from the airport to Newark, so I'll just stick to the car.

You should have said earlier, picking you up from East Midlands Airport is hardly out of my way from Sheff to Newark. Silly boy!

I changed my mind from doing that as I'm not going home on the Monday. I've taken the week off work and plan to go to Duxford on Monday, Beaulieu on Tuesday, Haynes motor museum on Wednesday, then Coventry transport museum on Thursday (possibly, I'm not that keen on that one), then back up to Donington Grand Prix collection on Friday (or Thursday), then back home.

...then Coventry transport museum on Thursday (possibly, I'm not that keen on that one)...

Come on daan, you're a grown man now, you don't have to do anything you don't want to ;)

I changed my mind from doing that as I'm not going home on the Monday. I've taken the week off work and plan to go to Duxford on Monday, Beaulieu on Tuesday, Haynes motor museum on Wednesday, then Coventry transport museum on Thursday (possibly, I'm not that keen on that one), then back up to Donington Grand Prix collection on Friday (or Thursday), then back home.

Swap Beauieu with Haynes and I might see you there :lol:, I might be going there on Wednesday.

Swap Beauieu with Haynes and I might see you there :lol:, I might be going there on Wednesday.

No, the way I've done it its a clockwise direction round the south of England. I would be doubling back if I did it the other way.

Good news - i've been cleared for take off to stay over on Sat night from MrsCracker 👍

Bad news - Rutland are full 👎

Commute it is then :rolleyes:

Bring a sleping bag and sleep on the floor in one of our rooms. :lol:

Spec....

Thanks for the offer - but i've just lent someone my sleeping bag :dunce:

- i might just get paralytically drunk and sleep in a shop doorway or police cell 💡

What time, roughly, will everything end on Sunday? I'm trying to book my train ticket and don't know what time to specify for the return.

What time, roughly, will everything end on Sunday? I'm trying to book my train ticket and don't know what time to specify for the return.

Hopefully somewhere around 5-6pm, assuming all goes to plan (which it won't). But the caretaker will want to close up and get the hell home.

Sure, thanks. I asked prematurely anyway, managed to get an open return for only a £1.50 more. Result.

Does everyone who's taking trains know which of the two stations they are arriving at, Northgate or Castle? As we're meeting up upon arrival it'd make sense that we're all arriving at the same one.

Mine is Castle and i get the impression that all London trains are arriving at Northgate, can any one confirm this by checking their tickets? If everyone else is going to NG then i'll have to chip across from Castle which according to those links will take a spritely 15 min walk.

Yes, Specialized (Ben) and I arrive at Northgate (about 9.50 am I think...?) - what time you get into Castle? The venue is only about a 5 min walk from Northgate station...

Mmm. The plan didn't quite survive - and we had a series left.

For those coming via train here are some directions i quickly knocked up on photoshop. I know your all jealous of my photoshop skills :lol:

untitled2ad3.jpg

As you may have guessed the red circle is the venue. There is a gate opposite morrisions, just walk through there and follow the road/path round to the side of the building(its a school) and you should find us all. Hope it helps

Spec....

Nice job, Ben 👍 ...(although you missed out the kebab shop! ;) )

Probably a bit daft to meet us at Northgate station, in that case...?

And keep an eye out for the children, nailed to the gates and fences as a warning to all who would misbehave...

Nice job, Ben 👍 ...(although you missed out the kebab shop! ;) )

Well all i can remember is that its literally next to the church yard which is almost next to the hotel and we ended up walking about a mile to find it :ouch:

Also forget about Famines children nailed to the fence. If anybody mis-behaves they will be forced to eat some of the said kebab shops chilli sauce which is hotter than the sun......no it really is, ask Touring Mars.

Spec....

If anybody mis-behaves they will be forced to eat some of the said kebab shops chilli sauce which is hotter than the sun......no it really is, ask Touring Mars
Confession may be good for our souls, but the chilli sauce ain't....

Ex news, thanks all 👍 I'll go straight there from the station. My train is arriving at 9.49 (well timed by Ben) so i should be at the venue at about 10, just in time for the pre-brunch pint.

And keep an eye out for the children, nailed to the gates and fences as a warning to all who would misbehave...

...like kicking a football at your passenger side door and put a huge dent in it...

... and no, i won't let it lie.

My trip to Austria due to lack of snow, is cancelled. But now it's too late to organize my trip to UK to attend the UK GTP 6. :ouch: :grumpy:

My trip to Austria due to lack of snow, is cancelled. But now it's too late to organize my trip to UK to attend the UK GTP 6. :ouch: :grumpy:

Don't worry - they'll be another, in about 6 months or so i guess. Should give you plenty of time to plan for it 👍

Welp I should be able to come as long as I can manage to muster up the courage to get off my arse and go. I swear I seem to have some sort of fear about meeting new people iono.

I can bring a ps2+network adapter and a crappy 14 inch portable I suppose.

Welp I should be able to come as long as I can manage to muster up the courage to get off my arse and go. I swear I seem to have some sort of fear about meeting new people iono.

I can bring a ps2+network adapter and a crappy 14 inch portable I suppose.

Do it! Its good fun and were a good bunch......mostly. So i sugget you get of your ass and come along, you never know you might like it.

Spec...

Do it! Its good fun and were a good bunch......mostly. So i sugget you get of your ass and come along, you never know you might like it.

Spec...

What if it turns out you fall of your pedestals?
:indiff:

Back