UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
Since Famine is the one who's putting together all of the races (albeit some have already been put together previously), can we have a series of events called DIY?

Every person attending comes with an idea of a specific race, then we put them all together in one massive championship and basically race it. No more than say, 10-15 laps per race and sticking to a fixed type of cars/hp/weight.

My idea is sub-compacts on a 5 lap race around the 'ring. Cars with approximately 100hp and around 1000 kgs. So it could be any of the VW Lupo, Citroën C3, Mazda 2, Opel/Vauxhall Tigra, Honda City Turbo, Pug 106, Honda Civic '83, Honda CR-X... There's many more; I'd have to check, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Just a thought, since I see Famine is the one going through all the trouble of putting together the races as well as the overall logistics and idea of making these get-togethers, it's only fair that we all put a bit in too.

It's a laudible idea, but...

You can only use Favourite cars and the settings for 2 player races in a LAN race, so it's much simpler to have one memory card set up with everything and clone it at the start of the day.

There's a further problem in that every time you connect to a LAN, a Network Configuration file is created on the memory card. To leave the LAN to amend cars/laps requires you to leave the game, go to the PS2 browser, delete the Network Configuration file, start the game up again, get "n" people to set the cards up with cars/settings identically and then re-enter the LAN. Starting a LAN in the first place is a stressful enough event, so I'd like to restrict it to just once per day if possible...

Cheers though.

I love the way famine arranges the races. If things were different, i would come last as many times as evil dave and famine himself would come first! :scared:

Also famine has nothing better to do anyway. We all know this fiance fantasy is just that. A fantasy....
(only saying that cos you promised she was coming to the lan andy....! :sly:)

pwnexplode.gif

Would it be possible to have a hothatch series though? god I love the 106 so much in gt4.

I'll investimagate. It's an interesting idea :D

Also i'm dissapointed because I never managed to have a single race on the nurburgring, somehow it was never my turn when it came up. I'm calling conspiracy here.

It happens once in every track set. A track set is one of each of the (selected) tracks, randomly chosen to be forwards or backwards, along with the (selected) real ones. The next set will be the same tracks in the same order, but backwards where they were forwards and forwards where they were backwards. So the 'Ring and La Sarthe occur twice as often as, say, Trial Mountain Reverse.

You must have just got lucky the race(s) before and had to sit out.

Next time I'll put you on the 'Ring with VEXD... :D

(only saying that cos you promised she was coming to the lan andy....! :sly:)
*puts EXelero into a steel box and hides it a long way from Famine, for her own safety*

Psst. Don't call him Andy. Ever.

Hi Guys,

After some unexpected bills and TAXES.:grumpy: This trip has become economically unfeasible at this time. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it is. I simply can't put out about 1000$ over and above my regular expenses and pay my dumb taxes, car registration and other annual bills.

Sorry guys, I was REALLY looking forward to this one. :(
I won't be able to make it, either

PM'ed Famine about my decision (work related) but I don't know if he read it.

:( Losing people by the minute.

Oh well. Great that you were very willing to come though. 👍

*puts EXelero into a steel box and hides it a long way from Famine, for her own safety*

Psst. Don't call him Andy. Ever.

I dont usually, but playing devil is so much fun!
its like Vexd doesn't really like to be called Dave.

G.T
:( Losing people by the minute.

Oh well. Great that you were very willing to come though. 👍

so what is the body count now then? Just wondering cos the more people drop out, the more expensive it becomes for others and that could lead to losing more.....
i'm predicting at least two more to go before the event.

so what is the body count now then? Just wondering cos the more people drop out, the more expensive it becomes for others and that could lead to losing more.....
i'm predicting at least two more to go before the event.

At the moment, 20.

We're still shy a couple of networkable PS2s and DFPs though.

can get my hands on another ps2, and although i have no clue what cables you mean, if you let me know exactly what your short of a couple of days before the event, i'll collect them together and bring them along. can easily manage 3 tvs too!

Well, short of being thoroughly incapacitated by a post-wedding hangover, which my missus is now totally responsible for avoiding.... I'll be there for Sun/Mon. Sadly the appeal of 1000 Pikey caravans, 2 British Rail stations and 20 apparently fellow "nerds" who've met over internet playing GT4 in a School hall doesn't appeal to her, despite the fact that she's recently a) taken up knitting and b) gone to several "meetings" locally with people she's met through yahoo groups. Apparently knitting is "different" and doesn't make you a nerd! Especially for an "old" lady like herself! (33. sorry EXelero, I know giving a lady's age is sacriledge! ;) )
I honestly have plans in place already to make my escape from an thoroughly drunken wedding reception, including at least 20 of my bro's Uni and current Hockey/drinking team-mates, (none of which are fat and/or Lesbian, so don't get excited Famine!!! :P :P :P )
to get up in the wee hours of Sunday morning to make an appearance at UKGTP 7, and given Swift's withdrawal, I feel duty bound to fill his US bound bed (and drinking slot, though technically, drinking 11 pints of Coke wouldn't really phase me!!!! ) :cheers: Ben! Actually, considering I'm back in September again ( UKGTP 8 anyone?) I'm thinking that rather than waste 4 or 5 hundred quid on renting a car I should just buy an banger, (Top Gear style, though without the abusive team-mates / paintwork to go along with such a silly offer!), to keep over there & I'd insure while I'm back. Trouble is, I won't have place to store a vehicle, except maybe-possibly at the in-laws place, which is absolutely no use to anyone else!
Anyone have use or creature-comforts, i.e. garage or driveway space for such a junker?

What qualifications do you have for chief prodder? Have you much experience of prodding? Do you have your City & Guilds in prodding?

Probably get a Uni course on it and even that'd be a 3 year course with an optional 1 years extra for prodding celebrities!

the profile listed hobby/interest is relevant to the task in hand ...

But that's poking. There is a massive difference. Just because you can poke (with spoons) doesn't automatically mean you can prod.

Prod:
1.- A derogatory term used by Catholics for people of a Protestant religion.

2.- nosey person, gossiper

Prod:
1.- A derogatory term used by Catholics for people of a Protestant religion.

2.- nosey person, gossiper

3 - A devastatingly humiliating weapon found in "Worms".

A valid observation, Daan and one that is difficult to dispute.

However, it would be better for Ms Plant to do the prodding duties with her badger related spoon experience than, say, me, with my running people through with three foot razor blades experience ... altho' it can be argued that if I were to prod in such a fashion then the targets generally stay prodded, whereas use of a spoon may have miscreants asking for seconds ...

Training in spoon-poking is vital - we don't want to get prosecuted under the 2003 Misuse of Teaspoons Act.

Anyone for a 12th PS2? Anyone at all?

I'll have a PS3, but the Tris is one of the games that won't work even WITH the backwards compatability chip they don't have anymore.

I can assure you that my hobby of poking badgers with spoons is only loosely related to my BSc (Hons) in Using Teaspoons For Prodding Purposes.
I am exempt under the 2003 Misuse of Teaspoons Act, hopefully that will set any worried minds at rest ;)

Back