UKGTP7 - UKGTP International (5th-7th May)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,152 comments
:scared: Learner driver :D signing on for this event.

Will be travelling via Hull. Expected to arrive Sat May 5 around 10/11 AM in Newark. Departing Monday evening.
Looking forward to meet in person many of whom Ive had the pleasure of reading your posts. I must be the oldest geezer there.... (have patience please ;) )

Bringing:
No TV
Headphones
1 slim networkable PS2 + GT4
1 DFP
1 (spare) Logitech wheel (but its not a DFP)
powerleads (NL) and if I dont forget NL to UK conversion, although the thin plugs will fit UK standard outlet.
Network cable (if needed?)
2 memorycards

Question: do the TVs use a thin or thick headphone jack ?

AMG.

Great job AMG, makes a nice change to see the number of attendees going up rather than down.

Spec....

PS. @Cass - me and Diego will be around on the friday night for a couple of drinks or something but nothing to hardcore, remember the state i was in at the last one!

Welcome aboard Rob! 10/11am should be perfect as it takes a good couple of hours for Famine to both get things sorted and for his tv to warm up! Where are you staying in Newark? Just ask so we can maybe arrange a lift from your hotel, so you can join us for a drink that night and not worry about getting your car back. Everywhere in Newark is literally 5 mins away, but directions round the little market town can be difficult! VEXD or myself would be more than happy to come and collect you as it were!

@ Spec & Diego: two should i take the crate of guiness back then....?
:sly:

Woohoo! AMG.'s coming!
Good to have you onboard Rob! Look forward to meeting you there! :)
Bit scared :scared: about racing someone who's practically cleaned up the A-spec points tally though!
Especially as I'll be joining in on the Sunday with a stonking hangover after my brother's wedding reception! :ouch:

@ Spec, thanks for the offer of the spare bed too! Will be glad to fill Swift's vacant spot in the Rutland Arms! :cheers:

@ Spec & Diego: two should i take the crate of guiness back then....?
:sly:

Ahh, i didnt say anything about not drinking the next day! id just rather turn up to this one a little fresher than i did the last one.

@ Spec, thanks for the offer of the spare bed too! Will be glad to fill Swift's vacant spot in the Rutland Arms! :cheers:

No problem Nick, dont forget the whiskey! :lol:

Spec....

Woohoo! AMG.'s coming!
Good to have you onboard Rob! Look forward to meeting you there! :)
Thx for that. I'm looking forward to this meet. It should balance out the possible bad news that I might be out of a job after serving 29 yrs with the same company. But I'll leave that at home when I come to Newark :)

Bit scared :scared: about racing someone who's practically cleaned up the A-spec points tally though!
However it took me 11500 days to reach current standings and a lot of nos and AUP banned words too :D
So I dont think any of you need to worry about me winning a race UNLESS
you give me 20 sec headstart in a 2 minute race.
I just hope to learn some skills from seeing how you guys drive. Perhaps some of it may rub off.

Is there a nice consolation present for whoever comes last in the final rankings. If so Id like a PS3 + G25 & GT5 (I dont mind waiting for it...)

EDIT: @ Exelero, its the travelodge in Newark North Muskham. If there's a teetotaller present & going in that direction Id appreciate the lift but to give fair warning I don't really drink much.

AMG.

EDIT: @ Exelero, its the travelodge in Newark North Muskham. If there's a teetotaller present & going in that direction Id appreciate the lift but to give fair warning I don't really drink much.

I don't think I'll be at the Rutland, and I ought to have a copilot with me. As long as you're not more than 2m tall you should be okay.

Not at all. But the roofline of an MX-3 is most unforgiving.

pwnexplode.gif

I take it you're travelling from AMS to LHR? If so, what's your arrival time, it may so be we're on the same flight :dopey:

I take it you're travelling from AMS to LHR? If so, what's your arrival time, it may so be we're on the same flight :dopey:
I think AMG said he's coming via Hull, so that'll be by ferry/car.

I have one of each - and the MX-5 won't be so good at transporting equipment.
But its got sooooo much more headroom!

I don't think I'll be at the Rutland, and I ought to have a copilot with me. As long as you're not more than 2m tall you should be okay.
Thx for the offer, I'm sure we'll work something out on Sat (if needed)!
1.83m and I used to have an MX3 V6, Lovely car. Nowadays its an SLK.

I think AMG said he's coming via Hull, so that'll be by ferry/car.
Correct, the SLK cant take a lot :scared: but i dont own suitcases that can take 2 DFPs + assorted other stuff. :D

AMG

Will you guys be posting photos from this event? Is someone the designated photographer?

Will you guys be posting photos from this event? Is someone the designated photographer?

I was going to make a very sarcastic comment, but I'm going to hold it... firstly out of respect to others and secondly because I can't stop laughing.

All the more reason for us on this side of the pond to see what might be so funny.

There's always tons of photos from these events. One of my most memorable is still Specialized, mid-swig, driving the 'Ring. Or EXelero poking daan's squidgy pink bits.

Sureshot
2nd hand Convertibilisation (is that a word if not it rocks) job?

I was walking towards it side-on the other day, and that exact thought crossed my mind... It's a perfect shape for it, and would still retain a usable boot...

Or EXelero poking daan's squidgy pink bits.
That was the highlight of my weekend, if not year! Forget meeting you lot, forget playing GT, forget Roo's mini in the hall, forget "Phillip". You can't beat getting your pink, squidgy bits poked by a member of the opposite sex.

That was the highlight of my weekend, if not year! Forget meeting you lot, forget playing GT, forget Roo's mini in the hall, forget "Phillip". You can't beat getting your pink, squidgy bits poked by a member of the opposite sex.

ooh-er
:embarrassed: :boggled: :eek: :D

what can i say to that.....??!!

Anytime :sly: :D

I don't even have a driving force pro, a blank memory card, a small tv AND a driving license to transport it, so no need crossing the channel :)

Maybe someday, when i have a job, but that will take a couple of years :)
First need to finish college.

a year on, look how far you've come....
to me, that shows no excuse for others not to come either to this lan or aim for the next. Lets go for the record!

Back